can i just walk with a sign that says $200

I'm coming to visit you guys next week, and being that prostition is legal in vegas, I was wondering how do the girls market themselves? Can i just walk aroound yelling "GFE from Jersey, $200!"

And even then...

only in licensed brothels.

Las Vegas has a large overpriced scene with many disappointments to be had. I am constantly amazed how many gents head there to play. Dallas, Toronto, and Montreal offer so much more for so much less. Tampa used to.

JB

Vice is actually very active in Las Vegas and the independents all screen well. A few months ago they actually took a room at the MGM and setup a laptop and *****ed providers. The ones that showed and did not screen well got busted. Be careful in Las Vegas it is not legal there.

MGM busts

Even those of us who did screen, got taken in. Work #s are a must as are refs. from other providers. LE used out of State cell #s and set up appointments 2 weeks in advance. Cases are still pending so I cannot say more.

Wow Devin Sorry to hear you got caught up in that. I heard about it from provider friends out there but did not know who was actually busted. I wish you the best and hope everything works out for you.

Re: Busted?

Originally posted by peter1226
If a working girl gets busted in Vegas, what's the penalty?
1st offense, 2nd offense?

Don't the cops have better things to do?
Ever since they tried to make it a family destination vacation place vice has been very active as is Hotel security. Some hotels now you must meet the girl downstairs as security will not let anyone go to the rooms without a key. The laws in Las Vegas are either pretty strict or non existent. Two examples. Up until recently if caught with even a small amount of weed it was a felony. Now they have decriminalized though. Also it is the only place I know in the US where you can go in a gun shop and shoot a full automatic machine gun. There is a place out past the airport where you can go pay 30 bucks and you have your choice of 10 machine guns and they load the one you pick with 100 rounds. It really amazes me as they just hand you a loaded machine gun with no training. Last time I was there only thing they said before they handed me the gun was it ‘s hot I guess meaning it is loaded.

Last edited:

Flounder

Sleeps with the (rest of the) fishes
Originally posted by vegasjim

Last time I was there only thing they said before they handed me the gun was it ‘s hot I guess meaning it is loaded.
I'll bet that's the line you use on all the girls now.;)

Last edited:
to vegasjim

Originally posted by vegasjim
... Also it is the only place I know in the US where you can go in a gun shop and shoot a full automatic machine gun. There is a place out past the airport where you can go pay 30 bucks and you have your choice of 10 machine guns and they load the one you pick with 100 rounds. It really amazes me as they just hand you a loaded machine gun with no training. Last time I was there only thing they said before they handed me the gun was it ‘s hot I guess meaning it is loaded.
If you really mean a "fully automatic machine gun," then when they said "it's hot" they mean illegal. Fully automatic machine guns are illegal, via Federal law, everywhere in the USA, even past the Vegas airport.

Last edited:
Re: to vegasjim

Originally posted by donquixote04

If you really mean a "fully automatic machine gun," then when they said "it's hot" they mean illegal. Fully automatic machine guns are illegal, via Federal law, everywhere in the USA, even past the Vegas airport.
These are fully automatic machine guns. You have a choice of 10 to choose from. M16, AK47, uzi, and even a tommy gun. Shop is called The Gun Store and it is on East Tropicana rd past the airport. I do not know much about guns or the gun law but it must be legal there as you can rent these guns with 100 rounds for 30 bucks. I have been there quite a few times as many friends that come to Vegas want to try it. Last time I was there was about 6 months ago and tried the tommy gun. When you are finished they give you the target as a souvenir. Also I know it is not the only gun shop in Vegas that does this but it is the only one I have been to. They used to have a web site but it is gone now.

Last edited:

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
I've been to The Gun Store a bunch of times. They have a decent selection of handguns ( but they aren't in top-top shape, but acceptible ). It's not a bad place to go if you are contemplating purchasing a handgun and want to try out a wide variety to help decide on which type of gun you want, since most other places won't/can't let you shoot a whole bunch of guns before purchasing. I never asked about fully auotmatic weapons there, though. They must get an awful lot of "newbies", but seem to be fairly tollerant of them ( which definitely is not true of most gun shops ).

In LV, there is some pretty heavy advertising directed at japanese tourists; since there gun laws are soo strict over there it's apparently a pretty big attraction for them ( although the places aiming at that market segment appear to be priced significantly higher ).