Best Steakhouse (Tristate area)

Just love steak... I guess not really good for people with the rich man disease (gout) and clotted up artery...but you only live once (maybe twice for some of you).

Any ways, here are some of my favorite steakhouses

1- The Palm on 2nd ave in the 50s
2- Angelo & Maxis on Park ave and 19th st.
3- Smith & Wollensky's E. 40s

Bit overrated:
1- Peter Luger in williamsburg
2- Nick & Stefs at MSG

Most overrated has to be Christos (sp) in Astoria. No matter how rare you ask them to cook the porterhouse, it's overcooked. Apparently that's how Greeks like their steak. They should have a warning sign at the door for the rest of the sensible world that likes quality meat rare. Avoid.

Had a steak at Dylan Prime restaurant a few years ago. It is downtown on Laight street.
Excellent steak and very cool decor. It is not the usual steakhouse but it is worth a trip.

ark123 said:
Del Frisco steakhouse on ave of america, between 48+49 st

Now you're talkin'...my favorite !

Also: Spark's, Ruth's Chris, Maloney & Porcelli

Also: Uncle Jack's on 9th Ave (or is it 8th?)..been there only once, but it was very good.

Last edited:
Jordan said:
Was not impressed with the Kobe beef.

Best steakhouse:Micahel Jordan's Grand Central
Worst steakhouse: Gallagher's West 52nd
I guess because I wasn't expecting much, I was pleasantly surprised at gallagher's. Certianly not in the top ten though.

What's the criteria? The steakhouse with the best steak or the steakhouse with the best environment, other food, etc.

The best steak I've had is the porterhouse at Luger's in Williamsburg, but it's a pretty barren setting. Also, the burger, available only on the lunch menu, is outstanding. The best I've had in the city.

The chains like Ruth's Chris, Woolies, etc. are good but they don't compare.

Last edited: