Best Steakhouse in Nassau or Suffolk counties

I would put insignia pretty low on steak house rankings. Especially of all the scotto owned steakhouses, they are definitely bottom.
I went to a wedding there recently and found the steak to be very good-lovely ambiance and good service

Can’t speak of other Scotto owned restaurants

Been to Sur a couple times
Post lockdowns, quality a deteriorated slightly
I wonder why many places have gone down in quality since the pandemic any suggestions or ideas as to why this trend is happening I’m noticing it at most restaurants I visited prior and post pandemic not sure what is happening exactly. At least more than half the places I have visited that were around before the pandemic have deteriorated drastically but in the flip side many new restaurants and lances that have opened during or since the pandemic have stepped up with greatly quality food and services respectively. Any thoughts on this trend taking place lately? Am I the only one thinking or noticing this lately maybe it’s just me?

I wonder why many places have gone down in quality since the pandemic any suggestions or ideas as to why this trend is happening I’m noticing it at most restaurants I visited prior and post pandemic not sure what is happening exactly. At least more than half the places I have visited that were around before the pandemic have deteriorated drastically but in the flip side many new restaurants and lances that have opened during or since the pandemic have stepped up with greatly quality food and services respectively. Any thoughts on this trend taking place lately? Am I the only one thinking or noticing this lately maybe it’s just me?
Lots of reasons for the decline, for starters: Inflation
Everything costs more, every single aspect of doing business costs more.
Food costs have risen drastically, so some owners buy cheaper product, thus hurting the food quality.
Labor costs have doubled, so to counter that some owners buy cheaper product - so its a double whammy.

There is also a shortage of real talent to cook the food. A lot of skilled or experienced kitchen types left the industry POST covid. I am not saying that there isn't talented or hard working cooks out there, there is. Just not enough to satisfy the demands within the industry. With a shortage of quality cooks in busy times at restaurants standards slip and short cuts are taken. Especially if there isn't a legit leader managing his/her crew. Thus also leading to a mediocre or crappy experience.

Too many wanna be IG chefs out there who think they can cook because they can make a nice looking dish in the comforts of their own home. When you got these types applying for or manning management positions in kitchens, who don't have the legit experience lots of things break down, including food quality/overall experience.

The places that are doing well do so on much tighter budgets and lower gross profit percentages these days. You gota keep those pencils sharp and be hands on. Also being a savage on social media plays a big role in making you relevant. A lot of the food trends these days , like tacos are cheap. Tortillas are cheap, chicken thighs are cheap, quest fresco is cheap. So thats why so many of those places are popping up. Another trend is brunch type of places, boozy brunches. Eggs are still cheap, pancakes, waffles, cheap. Not as so years ago, but you can still make a solid GP% on those types of items as opposed to a steakhouse where your product is already very expensive to buy wholesale.

Lots and lots of factors, just some food for thought (pun intended :p)

Lots of reasons for the decline, for starters: Inflation
Everything costs more, every single aspect of doing business costs more.
Food costs have risen drastically, so some owners buy cheaper product, thus hurting the food quality.
Labor costs have doubled, so to counter that some owners buy cheaper product - so its a double whammy.

There is also a shortage of real talent to cook the food. A lot of skilled or experienced kitchen types left the industry POST covid. I am not saying that there isn't talented or hard working cooks out there, there is. Just not enough to satisfy the demands within the industry. With a shortage of quality cooks in busy times at restaurants standards slip and short cuts are taken. Especially if there isn't a legit leader managing his/her crew. Thus also leading to a mediocre or crappy experience.

Too many wanna be IG chefs out there who think they can cook because they can make a nice looking dish in the comforts of their own home. When you got these types applying for or manning management positions in kitchens, who don't have the legit experience lots of things break down, including food quality/overall experience.

The places that are doing well do so on much tighter budgets and lower gross profit percentages these days. You gota keep those pencils sharp and be hands on. Also being a savage on social media plays a big role in making you relevant. A lot of the food trends these days , like tacos are cheap. Tortillas are cheap, chicken thighs are cheap, quest fresco is cheap. So thats why so many of those places are popping up. Another trend is brunch type of places, boozy brunches. Eggs are still cheap, pancakes, waffles, cheap. Not as so years ago, but you can still make a solid GP% on those types of items as opposed to a steakhouse where your product is already very expensive to buy wholesale.

Lots and lots of factors, just some food for thought (pun intended :p)
Thanks much appreciated you’re the best man!

Had the opportunity to dine at Peter Lugars in GN recently with some friends- I have not been there in at least 10 years

Steak for 4 fed 4 hungry adults- The presentation and recipe has not changed from my last visit over 10 years ago. Quality and taste of their classic was very good, but imho, not over the top excellent- Sides including cream spinach and their classic potatoes were excellent-
Apple streusel delicious-
5 star service - extremely attentive and friendly staff- not overbearing .

Certainly worth a 5 star rating, but I would not rush back as there are plenty of other steakhouses in Nassau and Suffolk worth trying

IMC IN HUNTINGTON—- International Meat Company , great steaks as gos as any of the top Steak Houses

Rothmans also has a great BRUNCH, probably the best around IMO
Funny years ago I liked this place especially on a Sunday night as it was not crowded. My last time there was a real disappointment especially given the high end price tag.

Bryant and Cooper
I was there a couple weeks ago
Food and service were excellant- place gets very crowded and I did take notice that there were many many MILF ‘s and plenty of eye candy that all of you would be happy to have for dessert-

The amount of plastic surgery on many of these women were amusing to see…

Compared to PL which I went to a number of months ago, the food was slightly better here ..( PL T bone has to much butter and grease).. rolls and better at PL though

Bryant and Cooper
I was there a couple weeks ago
Food and service were excellant- place gets very crowded and I did take notice that there were many many MILF ‘s and plenty of eye candy that all of you would be happy to have for dessert-

The amount of plastic surgery on many of these women were amusing to see…

Compared to PL which I went to a number of months ago, the food was slightly better here ..( PL T bone has to much butter and grease).. rolls and better at PL though
what day of week is milf day? lol

thursday?