Best Pizza in NYC (Queens, Brooklyn, Bx, Manhattan, SI and Long Island)

Downtown Manhattan, the best pizza is Rays on Greenwich street across from the Pussycat Lounge. The sicilian and regular slices are both terrific.

Went to DiFara's today for the first time. Like going back in time. Unbelievable. One old guy hand grates the cheese to put on the pizza and after it comes out of the oven (a bit burned and very hot) he sprinkles a bit of this other grated cheese on top and also cuts basil with a scissor onto the pizza. The wait is long and the old guy moves at his own pace.
The pizza was very good but I would like it with a bit more of the sauce. It seems like a cross between regular pizza and the thin crust with really great ingredients. I will defintiely go back because the experience is like no other pizza place that I have ever seen.

RuffToy said:
Haven't been there for many years but New Park Pizza on Crossbay Blvd in Howard Beach was one of the first brick oven pizza joints.

This place was awesome back in the day. I know there was some type of bust there for some illegal activity a few years back but I don't remember why.

On Long Island:

Ancona's--Rockaway Ave, Valley Stream
Max's---Inwood, NY

the secret behind all authentic italian pizza is that the cujeens jerk off into the muzzarella to give it nutty flavor. that's why i prefer my pizza to be made by mexicans. because they only piss into the dough. trust me, you don;t wnat to know what the chinks,and miks are doing with your pizza.

I've actually convinced the Pizza spinners in my new Miami nabe that the secret to great pizza is to cook it well done and extra on the grease. I walked in there yesterday and they thanked me for all the complements they've been getting since they started cooking a few that way.

So now I get Katz Fed-Ex'ed to the office on tuesdays, my fav chinese from Kew Gardens Fed-Ex'ed on fri and NY style pizza whenever we want. I hired my new secretary who I later found out was once a stripper. I might just win employee of the month.

Last edited:
Save yourself the money. just spread some rat feces on 3-week old pastrami... and VOILA! it tastes just like Katz! and you don't even have to stick $1 into the tip jar of some dominican.