Best Patio

Now that summer is coming, I want people's suggestion for best outdoor seating in NY!

Mines are:
1, 44th and x hell's kitchen.. excellent food and service. Super pet friendly
2, Sushi Samba west village.. their upstair patio is excellent
any other suggestions?

To me, eating out on the street in New York City is affirmatively unpleasant. So my ideal patios are like the Sushi Samba one.

My favorite is probably the rooftop at Alba on the waterfront in Brooklyn.

There are several restaurants on what's called Cleveland Place in Manhattan that have outdoor "gardens" in the back where you can eat. Cleveland Place is actually the east side of Lafayette Street just below Spring Street. The one I know and recommend used to be called Tratoria Vanessa & Pietro, but has since changed management and names. But it's the only Italian restaurant on the strip, and the food is quite good for what's basically a neighborhood Italian joint. Also, they've decorated the space, so it's quite attractive. These places are always crowded in the summer, so if you want to eat there, you have to make a reservation or be prepared to wait a while.

The great thing about eating out back is that you avoid the unpleasantness of eating on the street.

Another popular outdoor garden out back is the Miracle Grill in the East Village.

I love doing little picnic too!

Of course, I'm easy. I'm happy just buying a pizza from Grimaldi's and taking it over to that park in Dumbo on a summer afternoon.
I totally agree, my favorite is to just get a antipast from wine bar and taking it over to central park :)

I know I've raved about this place a couple times already, but it really is great and it has a terrific dining patio out back - Dumont on Union Ave. in Williamsburg.

Oopah. In Astoria. If you like Greek food. Little patio out back with grape vines on the trestles open to the night sky without being open to the street. There is a covered area as well that is still outdoors, if you prefer.

Great food too.

Last edited:
I've been to the Beer Garden once a while back ago. It's a nice place; when you walk in, there's a bar and booth area so there is a mix of people here and it appears to be family friendly. There's an upstairs area on the second floor but I'm not sure what it is; I would guess it's some sort of kids area. The outdoor patio area consists of picnic benches enclosed by tents. The beer selection there is pretty good, a decent choice of Czech ales, lagers and stouts. The Czech/Slovak food is good; however, due to the setup of the place, wait service is not always the most expedient.

Last week at Dream Hotel roof top bar....

It was hot summer night in New York kicking myself for getting stuck in the city... I met up with Paris and went to Geisha for dinner and on my way home, I saw this hotel with blue light. I always drove by it but I never been inside. So I did and took an elevator to the top floor... OMG it was so beautiful on the roof top in the middle of times sq!
The place looked little too playful in my taste but with the view you get, I couldn't complain. I had one drink in the cool breeze and went home happy, oh yeah must have been the phone calls I had to answer ;p
I don't get out much for treat, but I think this comes way up on my fav list for best patio in NYC!