Best Egg Cream?

Re: Egg cream Formula

Originally posted by SINATRA
Coming from the Lower East Side, egg creams were a staple in my diet during my youth. The best ones came from the old Schraffts soda counter or in the Woolworths that had luncheonette counters.

The key is adding the milk first and then the Fox U-bet syrup. The soda is added last and you must froth it up as you pour in the soda. That creates the thick head.

Jesus.........look at the recipe. If I didnt know any better, you would think I was talking about a blowjob.

Oh well...............both are terrific.
Sorry, but wrong. :)

As a former sodajerk in my youth {OK, fire away} the trick is to add the chocolate syrup LAST.

Steps:

1) milk

2) Seltzer

3) Chocolate syrup poured though white head of soda-milk combo and stirred with a long ice tea spoon in a motion that places the fulcrum of the motion at the point of the head, thus not disturbing it. The result is a creamy concoction of sweet chocolate/milk/soda that has a non-chocolate white creamy head whose taste is in contrast.

The perfect egg cream [though I am keeping the ratio's of what to what a secret. Except to any providers who have a thing for creamy liquid confections. :) :) :) ]

{OK, so that was a dumb joke} :)

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
If you put in the soda after the syrup, you get a brown head and it ruins the contrast ( although I know some place - which I can't remember - actually had these as a separate item ).

in my musings . . .

thorn, slinky and i are at www quaffing egg creams and getting $1 lap dances with hombre (in hot pants) getting us singles and jelly rings (as needed).

this my quest,
to follow that star,
hvb

Re: fa la la la la

Originally posted by h. von bingen
me and mr. sinatra = favorite color orange!

re: bba. when hombre wrote edelweiss for a competitor (see jag if u can), he wrote about a bba stroll. now, i know there are providers in brighton, but when i think of it is still see the baths shimmering like an oasis in the negev. this is where baby b. experimented with see-thru shirts, long slow tongue kissing under the boardwalk and rubbing her levis raw on 16 year-old-boners. (well the boners only lasted 6 minutes, but the boyz were 16.)

HVB,

I wonder if you were one of those beautifule Jewish girls from Sheepshead Bay or maybe Midwood that I took under the boardwalk so many years ago and introduced the pleasures of BBBJ's to.

The Baths had a very special place in my heart. It was an integral part of my life for many years.

Ahhhhh......life was so much easier then.

nope sin city . . .

italian through and through.

but, i wuz hopin' u were one of those boys w/plenty of extra bar mitzvah cash, good braces and on the fast track to columbia that i loved so much (and so hard), under the boardwalk, in marine park parking lot, and my room when daddy and mommy went to the mayfair 4 a flick.

but, you're scorchin' when it comes to hs . . . the school in my district had a POOL.

federalist papers,
hvb

my first bbbj = bb baths . . . a cabana boy, circumsized (word!) to: [name that tune (there's prize innit)].

liked it then,
love it now,
3 decades of nonstop action,
hvb

Last edited:
Re: nope sin city . . .

italian through and through.

but, i wuz hopin' u were one of those boys w/plenty of extra bar mitzvah cash, good braces and on the fast track to columbia that i loved so much (and so hard), under the boardwalk, in marine park parking lot, and my room when daddy and mommy went to the mayfair 4 a flick.

but, you're scorchin' when it comes to hs . . . the school in my district had a POOL.

federalist papers,
hvb

my first bbbj = bb baths . . . a cabana boy, circumsized (word!) to: [name that tune (there's prize innit)].

liked it then,
love it now,
3 decades of nonstop action,
hvb

A pool you say..........could it be Dollie's husband James?

You MUST be a Jewess.......the spelling gave you away.

i've said once, i will say it molti molti tempi . . .

1/2 bari, 1/2 naples (all boot) . . . if u ever tasted my linguine con vongole you'd know. but, i am a jew by repeated (and particularly tasty) injections.

venti anni fa,
or va fon gool (phonetics b/c zia never wrote me, she only yelled it at me)
hvb

re: the spelling gave me away? what that i can? (spell). well, i did NOT go to St. Edmunds, but i love a girl in a pink uniform.

platform shoes, hiked up skirts,
no patent leather it reflects the lack of undies,
from miles, couldn't afford gucci in those days,
hvb

Last edited:
Re: i've said once, i will say it molti molti tempi . . .

1/2 bari, 1/2 naples (all boot) . . . if u ever tasted my linguine con vongole you'd know. but, i am a jew by repeated (and particularly tasty) injections.

venti anni fa,
or va fon gool (phonetics b/c zia never wrote me, she only yelled it at me)
hvb

re: the spelling gave me away? what that i can? (spell). well, i did NOT go to St. Edmunds, but i love a girl in a pink uniform.

platform shoes, hiked up skirts,
no patent leather it reflects the lack of undies,
from miles, couldn't afford gucci in those days,
hvb

I do have a thing for clam sauce..............

The spelling my dear. God has no "O" for the Children of Israel on paper. The rest of the Gentiles are daring enough to complete the spelling. So either you grew up amoungst the Orthodox of the LES, or you are not he Schiksa (sp) you claim to be.

as roman as they come . . .

me = catholic school girl. as i've said b/f no. 1's brother a lubavitch rabbi (he weren't too happy about that union, but i daresay he would've done me b/f he turned). just b/c i show the proper respect for s/he whose name we do not dare utter, doesn't mean i was lucky enough to be one of g-d's chosen.

i'm no theologist but i know what i like,
one covenant, two covenant,
red fish, blue fish
hvb

Last edited:
Re: as roman as they come . . .

me = catholic school girl. as i've said b/f no. 1's brother a lubavitch rabbi (he weren't too happy about that union, but i daresay he would've done me b/f he turned). just b/c i show the proper respect for s/he whose name we do not dare utter, doesn't mean i was lucky enough to be one of g-d's chosen.

i'm no theologist but i know what i like,
one covenant, two covenant,
red fish, blue fish
hvb
One from column A......2 from Column B.

Where's my pasta?

i can make anything . . .

your grandma made . . . as long as you wear your gun and your undershirt to bed (a la sonny corleone).

can you ring ava up?
how bout betty bacall?
(now, that's a nice jewish girl),
hvb

Re: i can make anything . . .

your grandma made . . . as long as you wear your gun and your undershirt to bed (a la sonny corleone).

can you ring ava up?
how bout betty bacall?
(now, that's a nice jewish girl),
hvb

Many a truth my dear....................

Bacall was reduced to doing cat food commercials. A fuckin shame.

kitty litter . . .

i don't care -- i'd take that growl in my ear any day. when hombre is feeling very manly, he almost approximates that basso voce.

those lips,
those eyes,
that PAGEBOY,
hvb

make that theologian . . . pardon me, my bklyn is showing.

i've got victoria's secret,
hvb

Last edited: