Benefits and Myths of Colloidal Silver

On a basic level it just means to be open to the not so popular way of doing something and in this case healing.

Without being mystical or esoteric or transcendental, I have found myself in situations where either my life or the life of another was in the balance and there was no help to be found, being in a remote location or the clock was ticking. And in that moment, there is no 911, and you are forced to dig deep, just because you have no other alternative, and you trust your gut, and it works.

Obviously, after that, you trust your intuition more than anything else because it is the one thing that is ALWAYS available.

That is all, just plain and simple. Nothing spooky. Very practical. And if it worked then and there, in that unforeseen tense and dangerous situation, why abandon this inner resource when dealing with all matters of one's life.

Colloidal silver is risky stuff. My buddy swears by it...although it didn’t keep him from getting covid or heal any faster from it. It can turn your skin blue.

Platinum, another precious metal is a mainstay of chemotherapy. Affectionately called “Carbo” by oncologists. Got to be careful with metals in general. Too much copper too much iron can all poison you.

But like they say in the medical profession, “Nothing works all the time and everything works sometimes” I keep an open mind.

Metals have been used for centuries to treat syphilis (until penicillin after 1943). Predominate ones were mercury, arsenic (although arsenic is technically not a metal — sometimes referred to as a metalloid) and of course the colloidal silver in the title of this thread. I remember the arsenic treatment as Karen von Blixen-Finecke (played by Meryl Streep in the film Out of Africa) went to Europe for arsenic treatment of syphilis given to her by her husband.

The choice was treatment with the potentially lethal mercury, arsenic or silver (yes the silver treatment can be lethal ) or syphilis caused deafness, teeth and bone deformities and saddle nose (where the bridge of the nose collapses) and some other disgusting conditions leading to death.

Although the metal treatments worked in the bad old days where there was no alternative (so did shaving with a straight razor in the past but I don't know of any guy that shaves with one anymore) I suggest that if you have some sort of infection that you use modern antibiotics.

From your link: “The ancients used silver internally and externally”. Yup, they also used to use bloodletting as a treatment. Physicians “treated” George Washington on his deathbed by removing 40% of his “bad blood”.

That said, my link was to Mayo Clinic.

Your links are to Atlantean Alchemy, a company that sells colloidal silver.

BTW, silver does indeed has antimicrobial properties. Then again so does bleach and Lysol products.
My father was in med school in the late 1940's. Growing up, I recall him describing a patient with argyria (build-up of silver in the body that actually gives the skin a greyish metallic cast). He had been self-treating his syphillis with silver for decades. He was already considered an anachronism since sulfa drugs had been available at least since the end of WWII. I've never gotten anything worse than a yeast infection despite some bareback activity. I would be skeptical about taking colloidal silver prophylactically, 70+ years after it became obsolete.

SUPAMAN

Not here for the bear hunting
My father was in med school in the late 1940's. Growing up, I recall him describing a patient with argyria (build-up of silver in the body that actually gives the skin a greyish metallic cast). He had been self-treating his syphillis with silver for decades. He was already considered an anachronism since sulfa drugs had been available at least since the end of WWII. I've never gotten anything worse than a yeast infection despite some bareback activity. I would be skeptical about taking colloidal silver prophylactically, 70+ years after it became obsolete.
I've been using colloidal silver for around 30 years, I always buy the.high quality brands that reduce the silver particles to nano size. The people who become ill from silver are the idiots who put two silver rods into water connected to a battery stripping off visibly large particles and then ingesting the silver water. A basic rule of thumb regarding colloidal silver is that if you can see the silver in the water its way too much to ingest. Proper silver solution is made in laboratories equipped to produce nano sized silver particles suspended in purified water not in somebody's basement with two silver rods connected to a battery in a fish tank of tap water. Silver has been used to prevent bacterial infections for millennia, its how the practice of throwing coins into water wells began, silver coins were used to purify water. The water recycling apparatus in the international space station and shuttle crafts use silver water filters. Tableware is made from silver because of it's antibacterial properties. Only use the highest quality laboratory produced nano sized silver in moderate quantity and you're good to go. If you use the low grade silver solution made with a 12 volt battery, two silver rods and a fish tank of water you are asking to be poisoned. You have to be brain dead to drink so much silver your skin turns blue, too much of any good thing goes bad at some point.

Maternity ward doctors flush the eyes of newborn infants with colloidal silver solution to prevent blindness caused by potential venereal diseases carried by the mother.

I've been using colloidal silver for around 30 years, I always buy the.high quality brands that reduce the silver particles to nano size. The people who become ill from silver are the idiots who put two silver rods into water connected to a battery stripping off visibly large particles and then ingesting the silver water. A basic rule of thumb regarding colloidal silver is that if you can see the silver in the water its way too much to ingest. Proper silver solution is made in laboratories equipped to produce nano sized silver particles suspended in purified water not in somebody's basement with two silver rods connected to a battery in a fish tank of tap water. Silver has been used to prevent bacterial infections for millennia, its how the practice of throwing coins into water wells began, silver coins were used to purify water. The water recycling apparatus in the international space station and shuttle crafts use silver water filters. Tableware is made from silver because of it's antibacterial properties. Only use the highest quality laboratory produced nano sized silver in moderate quantity and you're good to go. If you use the low grade silver solution made with a 12 volt battery, two silver rods and a fish tank of water you are asking to be poisoned. You have to be brain dead to drink so much silver your skin turns blue, too much of any good thing goes bad at some point.

Maternity ward doctors flush the eyes of newborn infants with colloidal silver solution to prevent blindness caused by potential venereal diseases carried by the mother.
Supaman, I knew none of this. It is fascinating. Thanks.

SUPAMAN

Not here for the bear hunting
Supaman, I knew none of this. It is fascinating. Thanks.
Silver is almost magical in killing single cell bacteria and fungus but it's not as effective against viruses. I have a foot cream with silver particles in it that I use daily and after I have been walking around in an AMP table shower room barefoot. The foot diseases you can catch from an AMP shower room are worthy of mention here, foot fungus abounds! Every time I get home after fun and games at the massage parlor I apply a good antifungal cream to my feet and I seek out brands that use both chemical antifungal and natural antifungal like tea tree oil and silver. I can't stress enough how important it is too mind after your feet when visiting the parlor. A tiny bit of silver particles goes a long way in killing fungus.... I.need to.carry a nice pair of sandals in my car just for visiting the parlors.

Well that explains a lot. Thanks

Thank you for the beautiful and informative pesentation. It adds a depth of understanding to the past and present usage of one of many natural healing modalities.

It is especially interesting in the sense that it was used since antiquity but in a crude way, unmeasured and lacking knowledge of the consequences of overdose. And, according to your report, it is in common daily usage by the accepted standards of the medical professions that prevail at this time, namely infant eye washes. And, one might wonder why in today's world of highly complex drugs and pharmaceuticals, they choose to fall back on an old standard. The reason simply is that it works quite efficiently with no side effects, especially on an organism so sensitive as a newborn child.

It is worth noting that many ot today's drugs have their origin in crude and primitive ancestral remedies. How our ancestors even understood their healing capacities is a testament to their innate wisdom, understanding and intuition.

It is worth noting that many drugs have their source in plant-based, mineral and animal origins. To name a few:

Paclitaxel (drug used in lung and breast cancer, stops cell division and cancer cell growth. Derived from the yew tree)

Morphine (derived from the poppy of the papaver somniferum plant -- obvious mandatory pain killer used in surgery and for severe pain)

Artemisinin (a modern maleria drug used by Chinese medicine 2000 years ago and far more effective and having now replaced the drug Chloroquinine, in most cases)

Metformin (derived from iliac, used by millions for diabetes)

Aspirin (derived from the willow tree, the compound salicin, for pain and inflammation)

Digitalis (derived from the foxgloves plants, strengthens contractions of the heart)

Lest anyone get the wrong idea, colloidal silver is indeed a very good antiseptic that's effective against bacteria and fungi when applied to the skin. Kind of like a supercharged hand sanitizer/Neosporin. But just like alcohol/neosporin, it's not very effective against germs when you ingest it. And yes, silver is good at killing bacteria in water, but so is the chlorine gas used to purify tapwater, and I don't see anyone inhaling chlorine for their health.

In the maternity ward, we no longer use silver nitrate eye drops for newborns, because it can irritate conjunctiva - the standard treatment is erythromycin eye drops to prevent chlamydial and gonorrheal conjunctivitis. As an aside, if any of you end up taking doxycycline, you should 100% not ingest any silver - metal ions will bind to the antibiotic and prevent your body from absorbing it. If you were ever told not to drink milk while taking doxy, the calcium ion in the milk is why.