Anatomy of a Sting

Its funny that this is what they choose to worry about in wyandanch, theres way worse problems there.
I once went to a fast house right across from a police station. Don't think i'd do that now, but everything ended up working out great in that situation.

Years and years ago (mid 90's) I watched a sting on Farrington. I used to live a mile or two away and would get off the whitestone expy at linden. My usual routine was to take the hard right into the shopping center and either stop there or cut through to 32nd. This night I stopped at Blockbuster (tells you hold long ago), grabbed a movie or two and then went out the back exit to hit the distributor. There used to be a beer distributor towards the college point blvd end of 32nd. At the corner of 32nd I saw 2 very attractive girls, one white blonde, the other hispanic. They were both wearing grey sweat pants which struck me as odd. They both waved at me, I think one was blowing kisses.

Now I've been through there 1000 times, I know the locals. Once in a while you'd get a decent looking girl, but mostly it was that crazy big-bird scarecrow and some other crackheads. So while I liked what I saw I was concerned. I turned onto 32nd and drove to the beer distributor, its set back a little from the street and has a small parking lot, ran in and got a 6 pack of bass ale. As I was getting back in my car a patrol car with lights flashing raced up 32nd. I backed out and saw 3 NYPD cars surrounding the corner and a guy on the hood in cuffs.

So I drive a block north of where the sting was set up, cracked a beer and started watching while singing the cops theme, bad boys bad boys, what ya gonna do... Hung out a while, they had 2 unmarked units parked within sight, one on 32nd and one on the side street and marked unit(s) out of sight. Someone would pull up, make the offer, signal is sent and they unmarks swoop in followed by the marked unit. A few minutes to get him cuffed and searched and then they reset and repeat.

The take away is not to commit the crime in the area they have set up to trap you. As we used to say in the army you need to get out of the kill zone.

Without going into detail, I have a lot of experience with law enforcement and with the legal system (no I'm not a cop). I know quite a bit about how they work. Soliciting is a chicken shit misdemeanor. Police officers work on the premise of officer safety comes first. They typically won't have an officer out alone, particularly for this crap. They won't risk her being abducted and assaulted. She absolutely won't get into the car. Way too dangerous. If this was a big gun or big drug transaction, or other major felony an undercover might get in, but not for chikcen shit like soliciting.

The key is to get her in the car and drive a couple of blocks before you discuss business. So ask something innocent, "do you need a ride?" "hey hop in, let me give you a ride" if she makes an offer you can always reply, "hop in and lets talk" then go somewhere and do the LE check. No female cop is getting in your car, way too dangerous. No female cop going to suck your dick for 5 seconds or let you grab her tits. She'd never live it down. Plus that gets you closer to the entrapment defense. Don't talk business until you're well away from the pick up point and have turned a couple of corners.

Yes, it is possible for the cops to lie. I won't debate this, but they are mostly honest and have little incentive to lie about a chicken shit misdemeanor arrest and risk their pensions and face prosecution. In this day and age of cameras everywhere make it more unlikely for them to lie but there's a risk. I find it unbelievable that they don't record all the transactions for prosecution so I record my own. Now you have to be careful here. I don't have a significant other who I'm worried about finding a recording of me talking to a hooker. My main concern is getting arrested and damage to my professional reputation. This may not work for those of you who are married or worried about their SO.

I keep a dash cam running, it records audio and video plus I put on the voice recorder on my burner phone and sometimes have a second hidden camera. Maybe that's a little paranoid but fortunately I've never needed it. If you decide to do something similar, you have to be aware of the laws and not get yourself into deeper trouble. NYS is a one party consent state for audio recording. As long as one party (you) to the conversation is present and consents you can record.

The area you can get in trouble is with the video. There are laws against covertly recording intimate acts, such as sex. So hypothetically if you record yourself getting head and the girl finds out, she can press charges. Of course that's unlikely we are talking about a streetwalker accusing you of committing a crime by video taping her committing a crime... A more likely hypothetical situation might be you're getting head in a parking lot and a PD car rolls up, they see you, search the car and find the hidden camera and you now have a more serious charge.

Another good practice is to go over several nights and only go with girls who you see out on more than one night and you see being picked up. I use this with online dates. If a girl only has one ad posted I'm very suspicious. The cops are too lazy to run ads every day for a month. So I look for girls with a history of at least a couple of weeks of ads. Same on the street, look for girls out on multiple occasions who you see being picked up by other mongers.

Hope this helps.

Stay Safe

Doc

Years and years ago (mid 90's) I watched a sting on Farrington. I used to live a mile or two away and would get off the whitestone expy at linden. My usual routine was to take the hard right into the shopping center and either stop there or cut through to 32nd. This night I stopped at Blockbuster (tells you hold long ago), grabbed a movie or two and then went out the back exit to hit the distributor. There used to be a beer distributor towards the college point blvd end of 32nd. At the corner of 32nd I saw 2 very attractive girls, one white blonde, the other hispanic. They were both wearing grey sweat pants which struck me as odd. They both waved at me, I think one was blowing kisses.

Now I've been through there 1000 times, I know the locals. Once in a while you'd get a decent looking girl, but mostly it was that crazy big-bird scarecrow and some other crackheads. So while I liked what I saw I was concerned. I turned onto 32nd and drove to the beer distributor, its set back a little from the street and has a small parking lot, ran in and got a 6 pack of bass ale. As I was getting back in my car a patrol car with lights flashing raced up 32nd. I backed out and saw 3 NYPD cars surrounding the corner and a guy on the hood in cuffs.

So I drive a block north of where the sting was set up, cracked a beer and started watching while singing the cops theme, bad boys bad boys, what ya gonna do... Hung out a while, they had 2 unmarked units parked within sight, one on 32nd and one on the side street and marked unit(s) out of sight. Someone would pull up, make the offer, signal is sent and they unmarks swoop in followed by the marked unit. A few minutes to get him cuffed and searched and then they reset and repeat.

The take away is not to commit the crime in the area they have set up to trap you. As we used to say in the army you need to get out of the kill zone.

Without going into detail, I have a lot of experience with law enforcement and with the legal system (no I'm not a cop). I know quite a bit about how they work. Soliciting is a chicken shit misdemeanor. Police officers work on the premise of officer safety comes first. They typically won't have an officer out alone, particularly for this crap. They won't risk her being abducted and assaulted. She absolutely won't get into the car. Way too dangerous. If this was a big gun or big drug transaction, or other major felony an undercover might get in, but not for chikcen shit like soliciting.

The key is to get her in the car and drive a couple of blocks before you discuss business. So ask something innocent, "do you need a ride?" "hey hop in, let me give you a ride" if she makes an offer you can always reply, "hop in and lets talk" then go somewhere and do the LE check. No female cop is getting in your car, way too dangerous. No female cop going to suck your dick for 5 seconds or let you grab her tits. She'd never live it down. Plus that gets you closer to the entrapment defense. Don't talk business until you're well away from the pick up point and have turned a couple of corners.

Yes, it is possible for the cops to lie. I won't debate this, but they are mostly honest and have little incentive to lie about a chicken shit misdemeanor arrest and risk their pensions and face prosecution. In this day and age of cameras everywhere make it more unlikely for them to lie but there's a risk. I find it unbelievable that they don't record all the transactions for prosecution so I record my own. Now you have to be careful here. I don't have a significant other who I'm worried about finding a recording of me talking to a hooker. My main concern is getting arrested and damage to my professional reputation. This may not work for those of you who are married or worried about their SO.

I keep a dash cam running, it records audio and video plus I put on the voice recorder on my burner phone and sometimes have a second hidden camera. Maybe that's a little paranoid but fortunately I've never needed it. If you decide to do something similar, you have to be aware of the laws and not get yourself into deeper trouble. NYS is a one party consent state for audio recording. As long as one party (you) to the conversation is present and consents you can record.

The area you can get in trouble is with the video. There are laws against covertly recording intimate acts, such as sex. So hypothetically if you record yourself getting head and the girl finds out, she can press charges. Of course that's unlikely we are talking about a streetwalker accusing you of committing a crime by video taping her committing a crime... A more likely hypothetical situation might be you're getting head in a parking lot and a PD car rolls up, they see you, search the car and find the hidden camera and you now have a more serious charge.

Another good practice is to go over several nights and only go with girls who you see out on more than one night and you see being picked up. I use this with online dates. If a girl only has one ad posted I'm very suspicious. The cops are too lazy to run ads every day for a month. So I look for girls with a history of at least a couple of weeks of ads. Same on the street, look for girls out on multiple occasions who you see being picked up by other mongers.

Hope this helps.

Stay Safe

Doc
Doc, thank you for your time and effort in presenting this very useful, helpful, very complete and interesting information.

There was once a Chinese lady in a cheap Flushing hotel who tried to limit her ability to be stung by giving you a room number and leaving the door open; you walk in and she is lying on the bed, scantily dressed, smiling, enticing you to immediately start with no words of money or arrangements, just as if she was your girlfriend waiting for you. You and she would perform and after the act was completed, she would take your fee.

It was a very interesting encounter, almost like she was a mute, yet very passionate but she refused to talk and mostly smiled, assented, nodded, gestured and giggled. (words truly are a useless tool in this endeavor, anyway)

I asked her about her style and she told me it was to avoid arrests. Sometimes a deadbeat would underpay or not pay her but she took her losses with her wins for the sake of not being arrested.

Two items in this article relevant to genius' past postings:

RE: Only commit one crime at a time
Instead of just getting a bullshit charge that he could have plead down, he decided to pay with drugs instead of cash.So now he has to worry about: "to charges of third-degree sale of a controlled substance and third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, both felonies. Spencer, who faces up to 9 years in prison if convicted"

Although this would not have helped the guy caught in the sting:
RE: Always use a burner that you paid for in cash
"a female sex worker, who occasionally worked as an informant to Nassau police detectives, died of a heroin overdose in a Massapequa motel, according to two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the case. Detectives recovered the woman's cellphone and began investigating her calls and text messages, ".

Article about alleged misconduct by NYPD with prostitution stings.

https://www.propublica.org/article/...ile-black-and-brown-new-yorkers-pay-the-price

While I believe the vast majority of cops are honest, there is a risk of encountering the one who isn't. This is why I have multiple recorders in my car recording the transaction. I know many of you with significant others might not want to take the risk of your SO finding the recording, but for me I think it's a reasonable precaution.

Given the available technology it baffles me that the NYPD doesn't record all of these stings.

Stay Safe

Doc

Article about alleged misconduct by NYPD with prostitution stings.

https://www.propublica.org/article/...ile-black-and-brown-new-yorkers-pay-the-price

While I believe the vast majority of cops are honest, there is a risk of encountering the one who isn't. This is why I have multiple recorders in my car recording the transaction. I know many of you with significant others might not want to take the risk of your SO finding the recording, but for me I think it's a reasonable precaution.

Given the available technology it baffles me that the NYPD doesn't record all of these stings.

Stay Safe

Doc
Why would NYPD want to record a bogus bust? They after the overtime money, when their make a bust their tons of paperwork so if the bust happen 30 min before the shift is over then they on the OT clock to finish paperwork and process the bust. When the trial happens they on OT to testify It’s all about the money.

Sophia Belle

Trickle Down Economist
Why would NYPD want to record a bogus bust? They after the overtime money, when their make a bust their tons of paperwork so if the bust happen 30 min before the shift is over then they on the OT clock to finish paperwork and process the bust. When the trial happens they on OT to testify It’s all about the money.
this may be the most grammatically incorrect post I’ve read lately... when you have to read the post several times to understand it, it kinda takes away from what you had to say. I’m still a little confused

billyS

Reign of Terror
Lol.. simplified.. the cops make busts right before their shift ends to make overtime money...
That's always been the case, not just the vice squad.
Especially on the 4 to 12 shift.
Make a bust at 10:45, cuff the perp to a radiator in the precinct, catch a few hours sleep then book him the next morning just as the 8 to 4 shift starts.
Time and a half while sleeping thru the grave yard shift, time and a half for the 8 to 4 the next day even though you go home after you book him and then the cherry on top, you get an extra vacation day for working three shifts in a row.

That's always been the case, not just the vice squad.
Especially on the 4 to 12 shift.
Make a bust at 10:45, cuff the perp to a radiator in the precinct, catch a few hours sleep then book him the next morning just as the 8 to 4 shift starts.
Time and a half while sleeping thru the grave yard shift, time and a half for the 8 to 4 the next day even though you go home after you book him and then the cherry on top, you get an extra vacation day for working three shifts in a row.

Hearing shit like this in any job really irks the F#%$@ outta me. And If I'm offending anyone...Well Too Bad!