An Interesting Article for You Geo-Political Aficionados

Re: Re: Skagen

Originally posted by skagen

Get the facts straight: Saddam is a SECULAR leader and is DISLIKED by Islamic extremists. In case you forgot, he was going to annex the Islamic holy land after he had done Kuwait. They have about as much in common as Pat Robertson does with an aethist.

All this talk about "radical islam" is a) hateful and b) incorrect, considering the major target is not even accepted by that group. If you have a problem with the existence of islam or non-wester values itself , just come out and say it directly.

Saddam is one of the middle eastern dictators that the US used to deal with covertly. So were the Taliban. You can't go around supporting people like that and then turn around later to pretend like you suddenly discovered that they are "the axis of evil". That's some dumb, disingenous shit - not to mention a complete abdication of ones own responsibility for the subsequent problem.

Don't be naive and make no mistake... Saddam and Osama as well as most of the Nations of Islam have common hatred against the US and Israel. Even the worst of enemies will put aside minor differences to conspire against the infidels.

Anyone who thinks that Saddam, Iraq, Iran, Syria and most other middle eastern nations have not granted asylum and or given aid to Alqeda and most other terrorist organizations is either stupid or in denial.

Originally posted by Stecchino

And i wish that "country" that's REALLY the one who's worried about Hussein would fight it's own fuckin battle.......what, they haven't had enough of mowing down rock-throwers with their custom-made US tanks yet?

I'm sure that in due time "they" ("Israel" i assume) will be allowed to fight their own battles. And once those handcuffs come off (and the UN allows them to defend themselves) they will show the world just how magnificent all that US built machinery really works when they wipe out some of the scourge of the earth.

In regards to your "rock throwers” comment... I wonder if you consider those 19 hijackers or the endless parade of suicide bombers in Israel and abroad as just a bunch of "rock throwers" as well.

Re: this and the several other threads on this topic and other political subjects… It really surprises me how many of you will voice your asinine opinions without even having most of the important facts straight. Although I can fully understand where some of you get those incorrect facts when I watch CNN or FOX NEWS and see them constantly interviewing these so called Muslim Spokespeople and how they tend to bend the truth on live TV and almost never being called upon their lies and deceit from those empty headed (so-called) journalists.

Journalism vs Reporting

Originally posted by TheNextBigThing
SNIP....
Spokespeople and how they tend to bend the truth on live TV and almost never being called upon their lies and deceit from those empty headed (so-called) journalists.
I don't know if they are journalists but they are definitely reporters. And in the most limited meaning of the word.

Without any critical thought, they report what others say or do. They handle who, what, where and when pretty well but they seem incapable of examining WHY in any meaningful way.

Last edited:
Bottom line is when someone includes Saddam/Iraq on a list of "radical islamists" that must be wiped out, that suggests to me rabid thoughtless vengance - its so factually incorrect. Or worse still, it makes you question whether someone is using a hot cause to further their own xenophobic agenda.

Radical Islam has no less of a right to exist than radical Christianity, which by the way is a legitimate political force in this country. Eg. despite all the fucked up shit Pat Robertson has openly said in public, he can still run for office in this country. He still has an influence on George Bush's domestic public policy.

If you are speaking of terrorism or those who support them. That's another story. Hating America for being the antithesis of ultra-conservative muslim values is one thing, killing innocent people is another.

And while you are racially profiling all Muslim Arab men into a nice neat " radical islamic terrorist" box, don't forget to racially profile the white men - after all that's the exact profile of Timothy McVeigh and the like.

When McVeigh, an American, killed hundreds of Americans in Oklahoms, I don't remember any hue and cry to wipe out white male right wing nuts by bombing the entire population of Idaho or Wyoming - or wherever they are concentrated. (Hell, for all I know,maybe its even South Jersey or Long Island...)

When the IRA was bombing the shit out of London (funded heavily by yes - IRISH-AMERICAN donors), I don't rememer any demonising of white catholic males or a call to flatten all hardcore catholic sections of Belfast.

Again, Islam has as much right as any other religion to exist -even in its most conservative form - terrorism is another story clearly. But if Saddam is mixed up with terrrorists, you don't consequently smear all muslims and ask for them ALL to be wiped out indiscriminately.

That's my problem: you cannot fight a just cause under the blanket umbrella of hate. Because if so, then what the fuck makes YOU better - or right - in in the first place. There's no possible justification for us to rally together with hate-mongers in order to fight terrorism.

Its shit like this that allows a guy like Osama Bin Laden to be popular in the first place: when it comes down to it, Americans don't understand foreigners, let alone differentiate them properly. Nor do they get that those other people have rights too - as evidenced by The USA's consistent support of corrupt, inept, dicatatorial Arab regimes.

Ultimately that kind of behavior unites other people under a common cause aganst us when in fact they would never associate with each other. This potential connection of the Saddam's secular regime with radical religious terrorists is only one prime example.

Last edited:

I'm sure that in due time "they" ("Israel" i assume) will be allowed to fight their own battles. And once those handcuffs come off (and the UN allows them to defend themselves) they will show the world just how magnificent all that US built machinery really works ....

Please....you want to talk about handcuffs, the one's who are really handcuffed is THE WHOLE FUCKING WORLD. If the US came out today and stated they're neutral in regards to Israel, you'd have THE WHOLE WORLD (except England) tripping over each other to annhialate Israel. THAT'S who's handcuffed. And by the way, that term "anti semite" might as well mean "non Jew" for all the non Jews that can be around one for 10 minutes without getting violently ill.

In regards to your "rock throwers” comment... I wonder if you consider those 19 hijackers or the endless parade of suicide bombers in Israel and abroad as just a bunch of "rock throwers" as well.

What the fuck are they supposed to do, you stupid fuck, when Israel is allowed to obtain any weapons it desires while shipments of weapons to the Palestinians aren't allowed? Hugh? They HAVE to use their own bodies to fight, you stupid fuck, which is A LOT more brave than shooting missiles from helicopters at apt. buildings.

Re: this and the several other threads on this topic and other political subjects… It really surprises me how many of you will voice your asinine opinions without even having most of the important facts straight. Although I can fully understand where some of you get those incorrect facts when I watch CNN or FOX NEWS

Right, you're telling me the US media favors the Arabs when all you see are fat or hook-nosed Jews on TV all day like Nachman. Please. Hey, did you read the Jew York Post yesterday? Somewhere, buried in page 29, i think, was a tiny article about more "suspected Palestinian terrorists" being killed and Israel making more illegal settlements on the West Bank. I guess that wasn't as important as Nicole Bass suing the WWE.

I'm not much worried cuz if anyone thinks that that tiny piece of land occupied by those tiny amount of Heebs will continue to strut around the world stage like a peacock cuz the US says it can forever, well you're sadly mistaken. It's only a matter of time before what was once started by one country will be finished by the whole world. Patience.

In that case the reporter should "report" any inconsistencies or inaccuracies in any story they are reporting.
I tend to agree but reporters seem to leave that as an exercise for the reader. (Unless of course for some reason the reporter has an ax to grind - left, right or center, doesn't matter.)

Right, you're telling me the US media favors the Arabs when all you see are fat or hook-nosed Jews on TV all day like Nachman. Please. Hey, did you read the Jew York Post yesterday? Somewhere, buried in page 29, i think, was a tiny article about more "suspected Palestinian terrorists" being killed and Israel making more illegal settlements on the West Bank. I guess that wasn't as important as Nicole Bass suing the WWE.

I'm not much worried cuz if anyone thinks that that tiny piece of land occupied by those tiny amount of Heebs will continue to strut around the world stage like a peacock cuz the US says it can forever, well you're sadly mistaken. It's only a matter of time before what was once started by one country will be finished by the whole world. Patience.
Compared to this, I'm like Mother Teresa...

And by the way, that term "anti semite" might as well mean "non Jew" for all the non Jews that can be around one for 10 minutes without getting violently ill.

I'm sure the whole board (i would hope so) deplores this comment as much as I do. It just goes to show how right I am about your past political comments and makes my exit from this topic immediate, and any further discussions with you void.

I would think that among the many edits I’ve seen in the past that flagrantly racist remarks (as this one) be stricken from the board as well.

Dear Eugene

Originally posted by Eugene
Discussing political issues on this (whore) site is like pissing against the wind. Save your energy for better things.
It is the duty of all concerned citizens to correct, as well as they can, the misconceptions their fellows. Regrettabley, if they are inept, it does entail the disagreeable consequence of being covered in their own urine.

You should note however, that challenging the views of others is what makes this country stong. Also, if you lose, i.e. the piss lands back on you, it's o.k. - urine is sterile.

Stand up for that in which you believe.

Redleg609.

I understand your point, but does it make any sense to try to explain things to a complete idiot like Stecchino. If you think it does, I'd like to see in what form you'll do it.

pjorourke

Thinks he's Caesar's Wife
Re: Redleg609.

I understand your point, but does it make any sense to try to explain things to a complete idiot like Stecchino. If you think it does, I'd like to see in what form you'll do it.
He is a good example of why this board has an ignore function.

I'm sure the whole board (i would hope so) deplores this comment as much as I do. It just goes to show how right I am about your past political comments and makes my exit from this topic immediate, and any further discussions with you void.

I would think that among the many edits I’ve seen in the past that flagrantly racist remarks (as this one) be stricken from the board as well.
You gotta love some of these fuckin Heebs. All of a sudden, people like TheNextBigThing and PJ, who referred to Arabs as "the scourge of the earth" and "cockroaches", are suddenly offended by someone using racist terms. Are you HYPOCRITICAL assholes for real????? This is why people hate you fuckin Heebs, cuz you think you can do anything you want but cry like bitches when the same gets done to you. Like i always say, turn the lights on and they run for cover.

Your time will come again and don't come looking to me to hide in my house when it does, you fuckin hook-nosed maggots.

Educating Stecchino

As with any general policy, there are times to make an exception. You certainly are correct about that lad Stecchino. It is hard to imagine a more intractable case.

You gotta love some of these fuckin Heebs. All of a sudden, people like TheNextBigThing and PJ, who referred to Arabs as "the scourge of the earth" and "cockroaches", are suddenly offended by someone using racist terms. Are you HYPOCRITICAL assholes for real?????
PJ is Jewish? I thought he was Irish Catholic.

(BTW-IMO, the Arab/Radical Muslim terrorists ARE "scourge of the earth"-literally-and "cockroaches" in the perjorative sense).

This is why people hate you fuckin Heebs, cuz you think you can do anything you want but cry like bitches when the same gets done to you. Like i always say, turn the lights on and they run for cover.

Your time will come again and don't come looking to me to hide in my house when it does, you fuckin hook-nosed maggots.
You certainly make your case clear, Adolf. How's that stockpile of Zyklon B?

pjorourke

Thinks he's Caesar's Wife
All of a sudden, people like TheNextBigThing and PJ, who referred to Arabs as "the scourge of the earth" and "cockroaches", are suddenly offended by someone using racist terms.
Show me one place on this board where I used either term, let alone in a blanket condemnation of all Arabs.

Originally posted by Reel Deal

(BTW-IMO, the Arab/Radical Muslim terrorists ARE "scourge of the earth"-literally-and "cockroaches" in the perjorative sense).

You certainly make your case clear, Adolf. How's that stockpile of Zyklon B?

Throwing stones from inside that glass house is never a smart idea. You know full well that the term "cockroaches" was used in the discussion to describe arabs in general.

Secondly, I'll be more convinced when you get equally enthusiastic about "exterminating" the Timothy McVeigh types that exist right here in USA.

Last edited: