75 guys from the internet hit Sosua Dominican Republic..

which one is better?

bosstix said:
I went to Boca Chica in July 05 and Sosua in November and loved Sosua!
I am going back on Tues til Sunday if anyone is going to be there look me up, I will be staying at the Europa. Does anyone know how I post my pics here?
Larry Boss

I need a little get away....from the sudden snow!

Which is a better bet? Boca Chica, or Sousa?

Sousa it is then !

Any tips on where to stay and where to play!? I can get cheap air to Santiago on Jet Blue! Taxi or jitney available to Sousa? Any other info will be appreiciated!

I am also planning my first trip to the DR. Not sure where yet, but seems like Puerto Plata, Sosua, or Cabarete is the goal. I am going with a buddy, maybe another guy as well. We see there are flights out of JFk direct to Santiago for aroung $430 round trip. We r staying for 4 days. Should we rent a car, or take a tax/bus to the beaches. Is it true it is only 1 hour away? We r only interested in the girls, and do not want to book a place where I hear security is a problem as far as getting girls bac to our room. Any suggestions? Bostixx, any update on your trip recently? Jimmy DR, I hope to hear something from you too!! I will for sur post pix after I return.

Dr

Hi, I just came back from Sosua, DR. I was there for a week. I was lucky enough to be at the Sosua Beach when most guys here (NYC) got caught with the blizzard. You will have the time of your life. As soon I got into Sosua there are beautiful girls everywhere, they will not leave you alone! This was my first trip to DR and flying solo, it was amazing! The only drawback is that after the last week of April they will not have any direct flights into POP out of NYC, but you can fly into Santiago (STI). From Santiago to the north coast is a little over an hour by taxi. There is so much to do! You will come back! :) :)

Ok I am sold, but can you give us some names of clubs or a hotel that will alow you to bring girls back to the room without the security guard hassel? What was the fare for the cab ride? Is it easy to rent a car? What was the price (US $) for an hr or a night with a girl? Do they speak english at all?

jimbo44 said:
Ok I am sold, but can you give us some names of clubs or a hotel that will alow you to bring girls back to the room without the security guard hassel? What was the fare for the cab ride? Is it easy to rent a car? What was the price (US $) for an hr or a night with a girl? Do they speak english at all?
Hotel Europa or Sosua Palace.

I wouldn't recommend renting a car. The complete and utter lack of traffic rules make driving more of an adventure than you may be interested in. besides, the shortest route fron Santiago to Sousua is directly over the mountains, where you may share the road with an occasional donkey.

goofy3 said:
I wouldn't recommend renting a car. The complete and utter lack of traffic rules make driving more of an adventure than you may be interested in. besides, the shortest route fron Santiago to Sousua is directly over the mountains, where you may share the road with an occasional donkey.
You don't need a car your first trip.

JimmyDR, is the Piergiorgio Palace Hotel in Sosua the one you are talking about? I put the Hotel Europa Sosua Palace in Google and that is the closest I came up with.