2022 New York Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see them getting past the divisional round. If they do, then great. But really are they getting past Houston? Doubtful.
Was a nice season all considering. We have watched one of the greatest seasons by a ball player ever. I hope he gets that one last hr these next 4 games.

The team will look drastically different next season.

Strange things happen in the post season. I expect them to win the ALDS and compete with the Astros. They will be fully rested.

I think the Judge side show, which energized the team to have the strong September, is wearing a bit thin at the moment. I was hoping we would be past this by now. He had plenty of pitches to drive yesterday, but failed. I think he is fatigued.

Not having a dominating closer is a huge problem. The only guy I somewhat trust in this spot is Loaisiga.

It will be interesting to see what the post season roster will be.

My projected post season roster - 13 pitchers and 13 position players:
Pitchers:

Cole - Cortes - Severino - Taillon - German - Schmidt - Loaisiga - Luetge -
Trivino - Effross - Marinaccio - Holmes - Peralta (No Chapman)

Position Players:

DH - Stanton - Carpenter

C - Higashioka - Trevino

IF - IKF - Donaldson - Torres - Rizzo - DJ

OF - Cabrera - Bader - Judge - Hicks (Hicks out if Benintendi is activated)

He is pressing too much. Not looking like he will get it. If he hot #61 and #62 the day after he hit #60 ... he would probably have relaxed and won the batting title. Too bad. I am sure all the cowards pitching around him didn't help. That being said - he still had plenty of pitches to hit. He just couldn't do anything with them.

This is going to sound so silly, like all of you I have been glued to every one of Judge's at bats.
Last night I say to myself, maybe if you don't watch the TV and just leave the volume on he will hit 62.
There I am facing the wall with my back turned to the game, Kay's voice in the background, and he hits 62.
I guess I am a little superstitious.

But what a season for the ages! Talk about pressure from the contract to number 62, he has got my respect no matter what he does going forward. That dude is a gamer! I hope he stays a lifetime Yankee.

I am glad to say I was wrong. He looked really out of sorts. That being said - if it wasn't for the pressure to get this record I bet he would have gotten the batting title. That Arraez sitting out is really gutless. If CC was still playing you know he would drill him at his earliest convenience!

Not sure about you guys, but when AJ hit the homerun, I was going nuts! It took about 10 minutes to get the smile off my face. I guess it's been awhile since this team gave us something to be proud of.

Hopefully this mojo carries over into the post season.
Baseball fans might not see a season like this again for another 50 -60 years. We witnessed history, a great history.
And he did it CLEAN

Status
Not open for further replies.