2022 New York Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.
luckily I have all these services so I won't miss any at bats.

Recent observations:

Bader looks really good. He is a hustler and just looks really good in the outfield.

Cabrera looks comfortable wherever they put him in the field and he can hit. He has to be on the roster next year as a utility guy.

Torres has proven he is a GREAT player when his head is right!

Torres has proven that his head is often not right!

The bullpen is a mess.

Hicks and Marwin Gonzalez shouldn't be on the postseason roster.

billyS

Reign of Terror

Recent observations:

Bader looks really good. He is a hustler and just looks really good in the outfield.

Cabrera looks comfortable wherever they put him in the field and he can hit. He has to be on the roster next year as a utility guy.

Torres has proven he is a GREAT player when his head is right!

Torres has proven that his head is often not right!

The bullpen is a mess.

Hicks and Marwin Gonzalez shouldn't be on the postseason roster.
When the Yankees non tendered Tyler Wade in the off season I figured they did that to give Cabrera his job since Oswaldo had a break out year in the minors and had about 28 homers. But I guess at the end of spring training they felt he wasn't ready and signed Gonzalez for that role.

I agree Hicks and Gonzales shouldn't be on the postseason roster.

Bader does look like a guy who "plays the game right". Hustles, takes the extra base, elite defender. Exactly what the Yankees were missing.

And yeah, if the postseason started today the bullpen is getting us kicked out in the Division series.
Interesting to see if Chapman can pull it together.

Personally, I think the kid has the tools to be a star and assuming we keep Judge, groom him to be the everyday LF.

He has poise and incredible maturity. When he hit the grand slam in the first inning, no obnoxious bat flip, just put his head down and ran the bases.

I've been fooled by too many guys get off to great starts. I hope Cabrera proves me right.

Personally, I think the kid has the tools to be a star and assuming we keep Judge, groom him to be the everyday LF.

He has poise and incredible maturity. When he hit the grand slam in the first inning, no obnoxious bat flip, just put his head down and ran the bases.

I've been fooled by too many guys get off to great starts. I hope Cabrera proves me right.
I hope he’s the real deal

Next week's Toronto series (starting on Monday) should have a playoff series feel. If we stumble versus Boston, the division could be on the line. Nevertheless, Toronto is playing for the #1 wild card seed so that those games have huge consequences. I'm confident that the Yankees will take two of three versus Boston this weekend, I think the Judge buzz is energizing the team and the fan base. I hope there is no change in the standings by Monday. (of course would prefer to add to the lead)

That said, we'll see where our bullpen is at during that crucial series. They have to give Britton a shot to see what he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.