2020 Yankees

billyS

Reign of Terror
We can add Severino to the DL, elbow ligament injury. SO now our number 2 and 3 starters are out. Severino hasn't been right since mid 2018. Not a good start to the spring, and it's only the first week! Good thing they didn't trade Happ. Team is snake bit.
And Judge is out with a bad shoulder again.
I've been waiting for Severino elbow to go. Anyone who throws 100 winds up needing Tommy John.
See you 2022 Sevy

I've been waiting for Severino elbow to go. Anyone who throws 100 winds up needing Tommy John.
See you 2022 Sevy
If true, we have to consider bullpen games unless either Schmidt or King somehow make the squad. (I would be shocked if Delvi made the squad) Maybe there's a deal out there for a veteran? Hopefully both Paxton and German will be healthy by July 1st

billyS

Reign of Terror
If true, we have to consider bullpen games unless either Schmidt or King somehow make the squad. (I would be shocked if Delvi made the squad) Maybe there's a deal out there for a veteran? Hopefully both Paxton and German will be healthy by July 1st
I think bullpen games are okay if only used about once a month not everytime around the rotation. Especially this year with the new rules.
They really need their starters to go deeper into games.
I think the three kids you mentioned all need to prove themselves and build up some innings at AAA. But then again they could surprise.

Cole, Tanaka, Happ, Monty, make the kids battle for the 5th spot.

Paxton and German will be back soon
So thats a true ace, a real #2 As long as Tanaka stays healthy) that 3 and 4 and whoever can give you innings as a 5, with that offense, it should still be good enough. Not a great division, Yanks a clearly the best there. Any team, if the pitching implodes, they are done. That wont happen. If all those injuries are real, they will still be good enough, and come to the end of the year, 1 pitcher would come back healthy, then they make a trade for a top pitcher, they are all good. See Steve, I just fixed your team so there should be no worries... But I agree, that for you guys, this is surely frustrating.

Word is out that Luis Severino out for the year ...Tommy John surgery. What a bad contract.I don't care how " cheap" it was if he isn't on the field it doesn't matter.

Wow, that sucks. They said up to 18 month for this one.... Poor guy...Well , in 4 years when he is dominating as a number 2, you will for it ever happened. Thats the only positive way to look at it as a Yank fan. God knows, I know how it feels.

What I don't understand is that this guy hasn't been right since mid 2018. He fell off a cliff 2nd half of that year, didn't pitch last year. Now reports that his elbow was barking at him prior to game 3 of the ALCS last year. You mean to tell me the Yankees medical staff didn't know then? Why wait 6 months?

Stupid is what it is. Fucking team is snake bit. Would have been really nice to see him and Cole at top of rotation. They should move some of these prospects and find a solid number 2. Sick of all the holes they keep having to plug. I know poor Yankees fans, I just want to see what this roster could do if healthy. Possibilities are endless.

He knew he was compromised, thats why he took that deal, maybe Yanks knew too. Sometimes it's smart to take the money.

Yeah - we haven't seen a healthy performing Severino in a LOOONG time. Excitable Boy is right. ANybody else will be a better addition. Even after Severino comes back I say just let him go. It is a mistake to let him take a space in teh rotation. He has PROVEN that he can't be counted on.

Yeah - we haven't seen a healthy performing Severino in a LOOONG time. Excitable Boy is right. ANybody else will be a better addition. Even after Severino comes back I say just let him go. It is a mistake to let him take a space in teh rotation. He has PROVEN that he can't be counted on.
But you are talking about a year and a half away. He is signed for 4 years... what do you mean just let him go. They will pay him anyway. They will put him in the minors and let him prove he is healthy. You dont just let a young talent like that walk away. Obviously Yanks fucked this up but he has to take some blame,here also.