2015 Yankees

You know it is a bad year when I start the new Yankee thread before October!

We have decent pitching .. The rotation is pretty good with Tanaka, Pineda, Sabathia, McCarthy and then maybe Greene if we are not able to sign one of the free agent aces out there. Would love to snag Lester.

Rotation looks good on the surface ... but you just know Tanaka and Pineda and probably Sabathia are going to miss time on the DL.

Bullpen is strong ... need to sign Robertson.

The team can't score runs. A-Fraud will miss time and not be great, Beltran will miss time and so will Tex. We have no 3B and no SS. ALSO ... no RF once Beltran hits the DL or can no longer play in the field.

They need to give that kid Refsnyder a shot at 2B.

It's going to be another ugly year unless Pineda and Tanaka can make 34 starts each.

Nova and Phelps will be there too, I think they should keep Capuano also and use the extras for long relief and spot-starts to kind of have a fake 6 man rotation, throw one of them in there when there are no days off on the schedule, especially since CC needs to be fat again to be a power pitcher, so he needs to prove he can be a finesse guy becauwe he hasn't so far - I STILL think Arod is gonna kick ass though.

Here's the thing with this team ... A-Rod, Beltran and Tex could all hit 30 HR and drive in 100 each and I would not be surprised ... OR they all could hit 230 with 10 HR and 40 RBI and I would not be surprised. The same thing goes for everybody in the rotation. That's what happens when you get old and frail.

The team needs to get young.

Good point below Steve.....I agree with you 100% It can be feast or famine with those guys. The dilemma is do you spend on Headley or Sandoval at 3b? As far as SS goes we need a serious bat, if they can swing it I say go for Tulo. I know he is always hurt but a lot of these guys have a tendency to do better and feel better when they put on that uniform. He has some serious numbers and would make a huge impact in that lineup.....and maybe they can steal him because of that contract he has....maybe. I would not give them Betances. Speaking of which, time to see if he can close......no sense in spending 40-50 million on Robertson, spend a quarter of that on an 8th inning guy and roll with Betances.....he had a Mariano like season.

Take that savings and get a SOLID RF. A pure power bat......
I also LOVE LaRoche on Washington....he would be stupid good in Yankee Stadium. Maybe he could even play RF or LF - Move Gardner over - AND he could also back up Texeira at 1B.

Rotation needs an upgrade. Tanaka at some point is haveing TJS.....and that last start was a bit scary. CC is done, he is a 500 pitcher at best and law of averages say his elbow is next......Pineda is so good, but also so fragile. I highly doubt they will go into next year with those type of huge question marks. They will upgrade for sure. Kuroda is gone, Greene and McCarthy at the back end of the rotation isn't horrible......but only if they are set in the front. I just couldn't trust Tanaka, CC, Pineda to make even 25 starts. Throw in Nova and it's too many what ifs.....Lester, Shields, or Scherzer will be in the Bronx for sure.

It's going to be Tulo.....or maybe that Cabrera guy on the Nats....but he might be a 2bman
Either way Cashman will be looking to make a splash.....also forgot the Smardjia is a free agent.....a lot younger than Lester, Scherzer, and Shields

Yankees had two kids play really well in the Fall League. Names are Judge amd Bird. One is a left handed 1b. The other is a 6'7" rightfielder. Hopefully these two will be seen some time in 2015.

Pirates released Ike Davis ..maybe he would be a good pickup for the yankees to back up Tex. Although he is only one dimensional that he can only play first.Think they want someone that can play more than one position.He has a nice swing for that short porch though.

Those are two bad signings. They both have a hard time staying on the field. Sandoval has never driven in 80 runs ... nonetheless 100. They will regret these signings.

They are only giving up Shane Greene ... and if he hits 250 with 10 - 15 HR ... he will be MUCH better than Stephen Drew. I don't think it is that bad. He is young and has shown that he can hit. He is better than what they have. AND ... if something else better becomes available they have a young shortstop not making any money that they can trade. I say it is a good deal.