2007 UG Fundraiser!!!

I've got some good news!!!

I have received it from the highest authority that the first donations of the 2007 fundraiser have been received by Mr. Slinky Bender himself. I'd like to thank the two UGers who shall remain nameless (unless of course you want to be mentioned, but you'll have to clarify that with Slinky) for their very generous donations. I truly hope that is only the tip of the iceberg and that other UGers will follow your lead.

Thanks to the both of you for contributing to Utopia Guide and doing your share to make sure UG has a long life ahead of it. Long live UG!!

I do a lot more reading than writing on this board, but I've learned a number of useful things here. I just stumbled across this thread, and it resonates with me. It's time to give back. This place has been useful to many people, without demanding a fee up front. There's no doubt that it's worth something and it's up to each of us to determine for ourselves just how much it's worth.

I, for one, will be heading out to 7-11, and not for any measly five bucks, either.

All I ask is, should a live event finally come together, I'd like the opportunity to contribute a second time!
Popeye,

I agree with the sentiment. Why wait?

Thanks for thinking of UG, and putting your money where your mouth is.

Make sure to include your screen name when you do, so Slink knows who sent it.

In addition to money orders, are pre-paid credit cards OK, the kind one buys in Duane Reade?
Good question. I didn't want to answer though until I heard from on high.

gift /prepaid /Green Dot cards are all fine.

And to anyone sending checks or money orders, please make them out to [size=+2]cash[/size].

When is this event happening, i get the feeling it won't be one to miss if it does happen? I will also donate, but not untill i find out if the event is going to happen ? If now the cash is in the mail

Good question. I didn't want to answer though until I heard from on high.

gift /prepaid /Green Dot cards are all fine.

And to anyone sending checks or money orders, please make them out to [size=+2]cash[/size].
Cool. This is my preferred medium. Thank you.

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
I have received it from the highest authority that the first donations of the 2007 fundraiser have been received by Mr. Slinky Bender himself. I'd like to thank the two UGers who shall remain nameless (unless of course you want to be mentioned, but you'll have to clarify that with Slinky) for their very generous donations. I truly hope that is only the tip of the iceberg and that other UGers will follow your lead.

Thanks to the both of you for contributing to Utopia Guide and doing your share to make sure UG has a long life ahead of it. Long live UG!!
It took three and a half weeks for the first donations to come in? Is it normally that slow?

Gavy

It took three and a half weeks for the first donations to come in? Is it normally that slow?

Gavy
Seriously though, I'm not sure. This is my first time around with this.

Glad to see the funds are starting to flow though.

{I could have answered that guys got tired of waiting for you to chime in here* so they finally went ahead without you, but the good natured humor intended might get misconstrued as less than good natured sarcasm} :)

* That and Bunyon never lifted your donation from your wallet like I asked him too. ;)

July 31st Fundraiser party

OK, So I'm sure everyone cleared to attend the party has received an e*mail already (if you haven't and you'd like to attend, send an e*mail to [*****]service@utopiaguide.com[/*****] as soon as you can so that can be straightened out). The problem is, the response thus far has been less than stellar. In fact, its been outright disappointing. I don't know if guys are just afraid to commit to it in case something comes up or if you guys are just being slackers, but right now unless this situation gets fixed pronto, I have a feeling we're looking at the last UG party for a long, long time.

Guys, get it together. If you are just being slackers, wake the fuck up!!. The party is just a little over two weeks away and UG needs an advanced head count to plan this thing properly. Don't be dicks and expect to RSVP at the last minute and still expect to get in. Personally, I think guys that do that should pay double at the door to get in but I don't know how Slinky feels about that. Don't push him and find out though. Send your RSVP. If something comes up at the last minute, which is bound to happen to a few guys, don't worry there will be no public floggings. That's not to say you should reply that you're coming if you really don't know if you are, but if you think there is a very good chance you can make it, please let UG know.

This party is going to be a lot of fun and I think everyone who misses it is going to be sorry they did. But, what makes parties like these fun is when we get a good turnout, all the UGers can get a chance to put faces with screen names and everyone has a good time. I'm sure the UG staff has an incredible lineup of ladies for our entertainment, and this party is a great way to make connections with girls you might very well want to spend time with again in the future. This is not the kind of event the average person gets invited to in their lifetime. Consider yourselves honored that you are invited, and send those damn RSVPs.

Oh, and remember this is a fundraiser party. We're asking for guys to bring an envelope with your donation to help keep UG going. Write your screen name or e*mail on the inside so UG knows who is contributing. The envelopes will not be opened at the party, and the info on who contributed what will be kept confidential.

Last edited:
The problem is, the response thus far has been less than stellar. In fact, its been outright disappointing. I don't know if guys are just afraid to commit to it in case something comes up or if you guys are just being slackers, but right now unless this situation gets fixed pronto, I have a feeling we're looking at the last UG party for a long, long time.
Can this post or thread be made sticky so it show up at the top when people login?

Since I cannot make the party and I am sure the guys that can't make it will be able to come and see me that day. I will be doing my fundraiser from 1-7 and all proceeds go to UG, please put money in envelope and your UG handle on the inside of it. I will be giving the sealed envelopes to Slinky so I will not know who you are unless you wanted tro tell me.