2007 UG Fundraiser!!!

Recently I've been thinking about last years events on UG, how the board was shut down for a while, and it seemed that running UG just wasn't working for Slinky. The very fate of UG hung in the balance. Everyone whos been on the board long enough and who cares enough remembers what I'm talking about.

Then, some (or alot, I don't know the final numbers) good people stepped up and started donating whatever $$ we could to show Slinky how much we appreciated the board and his hard work.

Well, being that it was just over a year ago it seems like a good idea to me to get the ball rolling again on the 2007 fundraiser. I for one do not want to try to log on one day only to find the plug has been pulled. I also don't want Slinky putting all this effort into the board, incurring all the expense by himself. I don't know him very well but he seems like a good guy. And besides, I LOVE UG and don't know what I'd do without it. I get so much information and entertainment here I can't even describe it. I had no idea how much I'd like this board when I first signed up (thats why I chose such a lame-ass handle :D ) but now its my first stop when I get online.

I had the good fortune of running into Slink last week and seized the opportunity to give him what I could at the time as my donation. I normally wouldn't draw attention to the fact that I donated. Its not my style. Thats really between him and me. I decided to bring it up though because its pretty hard for me to sit here encouraging other UGers to dig deep and get those donations flowing again if you guys think I'm not contributing too.

I don't want to over do the sales pitch so I'll keep it short, but I'd like everyone to think about how much enjoyment/entertainment/information you get from UG. Some of you might try and say "I don't get that much out of UG" but then ask yourself why you logged on today. What were you looking for when you did, and do you often find what you are looking for here?
If enough of us contribute what we can (and I know all of us can afford to give something) it will go a long way towards ensuring that UG has a long life ahead of it.

Food for thought. I hope this doesn't fall on too many deaf ears.

fundraiser sounds good to me should we have a party or something and
and the door fee goes to UG? or can we buy t-shirts /caps.
I don't think I will ever run into slinky and if a I did i would not know him.
where/how is the best way to send a donation. would $5 bucks over it if everyone chip in?
K

where/how is the best way to send a donation.
Contibute To UtopiaGuide
Do you enjoy Utopiaguide ? Would you like to show your appreciation?

Advantages of contributing:
1) We will keep your donation completely anonymous. That's right, no one will know you've contributed.

2) You will feel good knowing that Allen and Slinkybender will be able to see a better quality of provider than
the low end one's who they usually patronize.

3) You don't have to worry about us starving in some dark alley somewhere.

4) We won't have to keep threatening girls to give us freebies.

5) Guys won't have to give "special services" to make Silver anymore.

6) We won't have to start charging for board access.

7) We can give the hamster on the flywheel a break and actually get electricity for the Public Utility.

8) We won't go posting on the board begging.

9) UG will stay in online.

10) If you don't, we'll start whining.

Or
Send an ***** here , and an autoresponder will send you an online donation link.

Or
Send your donation to the address below:

ULV
511 Avenue of the Americas
Room 177
New York, NY 10011

prefered if checks or MO's made out to cash.

Maybe some advertisers should raffle a free appointment to raise some funds too?
I offered that idea to slinky myself a few months ago and again a few wks ago...i am more then willing to donate a 1/2 hr, 45 or hr app bi-weekly or even weekly.....see slinky im not the only one who thinks its a good idea...i dont have alot of time to put into setting it up but can swing the winning app as winners are picked...so if someone wants to run a raffle i am more then on board...ill donate an hr a wk for a month then once amonth after....xox

Well said Dave!!
UG is my first stop whenever I log on too. Good job getting the ball rolling. Sometimes I must admit that I take UG for granted and I almost forgot that I am long overdue to donate.

Last edited:
I offered that idea to slinky myself a few months ago and again a few wks ago...i am more then willing to donate a 1/2 hr, 45 or hr app bi-weekly or even weekly.....see slinky im not the only one who thinks its a good idea...i dont have alot of time to put into setting it up but can swing the winning app as winners are picked...so if someone wants to run a raffle i am more then on board...ill donate an hr a wk for a month then once amonth after....xox
As a friend of both Slinky and Allen I would strongly suggest to them to thank you kindly for your offer [and it is most certainly a magnanimous gesture], but to decline. It crosses certain legal lines.

As a friend of both Slinky and Allen I would strongly suggest to them to thank you kindly for your offer [and it is most certainly a magnanimous gesture], but to decline. It crosses certain legal lines.
I guess in one sense it might...but i plan alot of events and one of our biggest draws has always been bidding/raffling dates....eligable bachlors and bachlorettes...but i guess i see your point in the regards u meant it....xox

what are you gonna do with 5 bucks>>>??

buy 1 spark plug??

lolol.
Seeker6591- I did not mean to insult anyone by that.
I was asking what dollar amount we have to give?
UG has saved me a lot of money and time! I would not mind giving something back to keep the board the way it is or to improve it. I remember soupy sales
(think that's how he spelled his name) asked all the kids watching his show to
get a dollar from mammy's bag and mail it to him. he brought a house and a car. before they kicked him off the air.
K

I guess in one sense it might...but i plan alot of events and one of our biggest draws has always been bidding/raffling dates....eligable bachlors and bachlorettes...but i guess i see your point in the regards u meant it....xox
In those cases it is on premises. No one sees it but those present. And, perhaps, if someone put something together at an event and UG didn't profit by it, and were unaware of its taking place; you can't be held accountable for the actions of others you know nothing about.

But to do it online, with an electronic paper trail of purchasing tickets... :)

Running a 'sex lottery' could get one nipped in the ass on several levels.

Again though, grand thought.

Last edited:
fundraiser sounds good to me should we have a party or something and
and the door fee goes to UG? or can we buy t-shirts /caps.
I don't think I will ever run into slinky and if a I did i would not know him.
where/how is the best way to send a donation. would $5 bucks over it if everyone chip in?
K
Ideally, $5 would be just fine IF everyone chipped in. But realistically thats just not going to happen. Last year, the results were something like this:

http://www.utopiaguide.com/forums/showthread.php?p=559150#post559150

Now I don't think that list was final, but at the time it was posted it was accurate. The entire point being that $5 from such a small amount of people wouldn't amount to much. But its not up to me to tell you how much to donate. Thats for you to decide. And its great that the intent is there. But if you could dig just a little deeper, I know UG would really benefit from that.

Thanks for reading/posting. If you have any questions about the different options available to you for donating:

http://utopiaguide.com/donate.html

Long live UG!