2 buck Chuck

I recently tried and loved a French Pinot Noir called HobNob.
Very much California in style, bright packaging, varietal brand rather than region, but it's from France and it's good.
You can easily spend $12 per bottle but at my favorite place mentioned above it's $6.99!

Mark West Pinot Noir

I recently tried and loved a French Pinot Noir called HobNob.
Very much California in style, bright packaging, varietal brand rather than region, but it's from France and it's good.
You can easily spend $12 per bottle but at my favorite place mentioned above it's $6.99!
Very respectable Sonoma coounty wine, it goes in the other direction from HobNob which is French masquerading as California. It actually says "Appellation California" on its label!

I read this article in New Yorker, a couple of weeks ago, about Fred Franzia the man behind Two Bucks Chuck.

Franzia puts out the best boxed wine, including a chablis that's an Argentinian import that is a LOT better than box wine Chablis, yet there it is.

You have to look for it, as a lot of their chablis is California stuff, and not nearly as good.

I love a good bottle too, but I'll drink a pretty good wine out of a box for everyday consumption.

Recently I have been buying wines from Sardinia. Those guinea bastards know how to make good wine. But I would like to be able to buy this for $10. Any suggestions?