2 buck Chuck

I love red wine but have little left to spend after my shameless mongering.
I wind up buying boxes for daily consumption.

If you like reds with fruity head try Shiraz: Lindeman Bin 50 ( I'd serve it to company)or Little Penguin ( very light and drinkable)

I love red wine but have little left to spend after my shameless mongering.
I wind up buying boxes for daily consumption.

If you like reds with fruity head try Shiraz: Lindeman Bin 50 ( I'd serve it to company)or Little Penguin ( very light and drinkable)
Dear Mr. Fool: maybe less mongering and more wine drinking should be the plan!

Generally, Aussie Lindeman Bin Red whatevers are ok.

Wine drinking is fun (there is something for everyone! Like women!)

Chels

Dear Mr. Fool: maybe less mongering and more wine drinking should be the plan!

Generally, Aussie Lindeman Bin Red whatevers are ok.

Wine drinking is fun (there is something for everyone! Like women!)

Chels
Hey, why be so formal? You can call me old!
You have a suggestion for a step up?
I remember one time having a New Zealand zinfandel, hard to remember since it was in a restaurant, but I think the name started with an "M."

Someone told me, and I don't know if it's true, that Two Buck Chuck is, basically, overproduction from a variety of California vineyards that this company purchases and bottles for Trader Joe's. What I'm not sure of is whether there's some sort of blend that they strive for, whether it varies widely from season to season based on what's available in the market for them to buy, etc.

Which, essentially, makes a blind taste test a waste of time, since the quality and taste of the wine will vary widely. And an unpredictable buy, as well.

I wonder who participated in these blind taste tests?
I read about one that took place at a culinary institute. I remember the other wines were $10 and up. There were other tastings, too, but I don't remember the details.

Since most students at a culinary institute are under age, I imagine most don't have much wine sophistication, although they do take class(es ?) on wine appreciation.

Someone told me, and I don't know if it's true, that Two Buck Chuck is, basically, overproduction from a variety of California vineyards that this company purchases and bottles for Trader Joe's. What I'm not sure of is whether there's some sort of blend that they strive for, whether it varies widely from season to season based on what's available in the market for them to buy, etc.
Could be...and maybe why they can sell it so cheap in comparison. I personally like it and think its a good Sunday pasta dinner wine. Perhaps a glass or two with a sharp cheese.

Where do you buy?

We can give each other specifics here.
A "Cotes du Rhone" was mentioned above. $6.99! Where?
I'll share my favorites:
Cappy's in Lynbrook. Frequent specials, great everyday prices. This week I bought Folonari Shiraz 1.5 for $6! Patron silver: 750 for $40. John Powers, 1L for $21.
Henry Street in Hempstead. This week they had Gato Negro Sauvignon Blanc or cab/mer for $3 per 750. Last week they had Cuervo Tropina, 80 proof, iL for $7! They always feature Tinsdale 3 for $10. I know other stores are pushing it for $8 or so because company brought it to my house.
Most liquor stores in NY don't run closeouts, specials are bullshit. $1 off?
Not everything is a bargain...you've got to know your product and prices.

If you are in New York City the Warehouse Wines & Spirits located at
735 Broadway
(between Waverly Pl & Astor Pl)
New York, NY 10003
This place has the lowest prices on just about anything you may want. The place is huge with a huge turn over. This is why they can offer such low prices.

I finally got to Bottlebuys and I liked what I saw.
Milagros Silver tequila, $33 in Stew Leonards, was $19.
Jack single barrel Daniels, high forties elsewhere, was $40 here!
They had a 24 proof coconut rum for $13, and decent prices on Spanish bubbly, Freixnet 1.5 litre for $13.
It has a warehouse feel with lots of product displayed, but not much of a selection.
I guess they keep prices low by limiting the selection like the liquor store next to Costco in Westbury.

just pour your $2wine into a good empty bottle of petrus, and serve it your guests. they wont know the difference. save your money for importnat things like cheap whoors.