10 Signs a NY Restaurant is Dying

Well, imo, all, or many businesses have common themes / similarities with this industry.

Politics- we both have to schmooze to get the “vote”.

Marketing / retail- we both have to have an understanding of what our specific market wants and key times for different marketing.

Restaurants- we both have to have items that are always at peek perfection and perfectly done, while offering some diversity so that it doesn’t get boring, but the same, so that it remains comfortable and consistent.

Travel guides- we need to have a general knowledge of our area as well as other areas that we may be traveling to, with an understanding of other countries laws.

Stock Brokers and Real Estate agents – Careful watch of the market to understand pricing, as well as location, location, location.

Psychiatrist / Nursing- An acute understanding of human nature and drive, with a gentle bedside manner, but can get tough when we need to. And the other similarity is that in all professions, there is a high rate of suicide as well as self-medicating, and the feelings of loneliness, as one cannot talk about what they experienced at the “office” that day. Which is one of the reasons that I am so thankful that I do actually have a best friend in this industry, which is a very rare thing indeed. It helps on somedays to just have someone to honestly talk about the different stresses that are so related to this industry at times.

Private Investigator- The ability to learn new information that is constantly changing, to keep us safe.

Accounting-knowledge on how to keep books straight, as to also gauge what areas we spend too much on, as well as where we could spend more, and for tax purposes, and LLC and Incorporation.

Lawyers- The ability to understand sometimes complex laws in jurisdiction matters, ie; laws governing travel, advertising, accountability, and so forth.

Gymnast- LOL, well, maybe I should say contortionist. ;)

Entertainers- Ability to keep our audience enthralled and delighted.

Reporters- Always having a keen knowledge as to what is going on in the world so that one can have a somewhat intelligent conversation.

Construction- Being able to build something from the ground up within a very specific time frame.

So many women in this industry, tend to think of themselves as nothing more than a piece of meat, with no real talents in other fields, when the truth of the matter is, many of these women possess the talent to do many other things in life, if they just really broke it down. Many men tend to think that the women in this industry cannot do much or don’t come from much, when the reality is many women choose this field, even if they have an education in other areas, because for one, we enjoy meeting our clientele, 2 – at say a national average of 250 an hour, without the overhead of malpractice insurance, the loans for school, a staff, equipment, advertising, and so forth, for at least the first 10 years, if properly marketed and done, make more money than Doctors do. And I can say this with absolute certainty, as my Ex was a specialized surgeon who was well known, but for the first 10 years out of practice, he struggled.

Granted, many women in this industry do not show the head or discipline for saving for the future, and by the time they are done, don’t have any money saved, whereas the surgeon is then just starting to show a nice profit.

justme

homo economicus
I've always more or less thought that what differentiated a prostitute from most women is the willingness to have sex with strangers for money.

You hint at something else here and some of your other posts, a personality that values diversity of experience (and a lot of money)...