Supermarket stories

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
Stop 'n Shop on Hillside Avenue in New Hyde Park

You know, every time I go there, I scout out the hottest cashier. Today, there was a little Latina and an adorable Indian girl. Place was packed, though. I went with the Latina. Made her laugh, but she could have been in high school. Who knows?

Anyway, these places are bonafide joints to meet women. And I am not even talking about the cashiers. The customers are the ones you can really focus on. Hell, my prudish father regales me with stories about how he gets hit on in King Kullen.

Anyway, just fishing to see if anyone has any good stories to report.

Gavy

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
Again at the Stop n Shop...

I just got back in from the supermarket. I had a brunch date with this girl I am seeing. Fun, but she isn't really capturing my attention. I had a ready made excuse of going to the Islander game this afternoon (they started at 2 PM) to extricate myself from a dull afternoon.

So, I had to go restock the house on cleaning products and food for the animals. I stopped off at Stop n Shop and, yeah, there were some attractive cashiers. But, there is bigger prey at the Stop n Shop...but on this Friday afternoon, there really wasn't any...until I got to the check out line. There was a little traffic jam of carts and I made eyecontact with a late 20s, olive skinned woman. She was dressed in sweats, but you could tell dressed up she was hot. Heck, in sweats, I found her sexy too.

I didn't get on line and doubled back around. After two minutes, I really felt like a creep and went back to the line. And, right behind me came my "target" on the moment. We struck up a nice conversation. At the end, I scored her digits. I felt pretty good about myself. But this time...I am going to make that call.

Gavy

You better have called her already........
You should call her right when you get into your car, 5 minutes later, and tell her you could not wait.... They love that....Good job.

You better have called her already........
You should call her right when you get into your car, 5 minutes later, and tell her you could not wait.... They love that....Good job.
Horrible advice, no offense. This is stalker stuff and makes you look borderline loserish and desperate. She may laugh it off and think its cute but a piece of her brain at the very least is going "uhhhhhhhh".

3 days from getting the number to actually calling is standard if you're really interested. Never wait more than 7.

Last edited:
Whole Foods. Wednesday Night is samples night. I've been hit on 3x, including a pretty Vegan Italian Dance Instructor in her 40's who walked me out of the store. Trader Joe's is also good especially near the Samples station.

Horrible advice, no offense. This is stalker stuff and makes you look borderline loserish and desperate. She may laugh it off and think its cute but a piece of her brain at the very least is going "uhhhhhhhh".

3 days from getting the number to actually calling is standard if you're really interested. Never wait more than 7.
up to 7 days? You're nuts. If you wait that long, do not bother calling. She will not remember you and she already has someone who decided to man up and have the balls to call. Not someone who pussy footed around for almost a week, deciding if he was too scared to call.

Of coarse, no offense taken. And it is how you talk on the phone, is if she decides if it is cute or if, as you say, stalker.

3 days is waaaaaay to long to wait. My rule of thumb is the first 5:30 - 6:30 PM weekday period you call during after the initial meeting. So if you met the night before the next day. if you met saturday afternoon Monday during that time period. I think its pretty standard. I say never call on a weekend for an initial call.

up to 7 days? You're nuts. If you wait that long, do not bother calling. She will not remember you and she already has someone who decided to man up and have the balls to call. Not someone who pussy footed around for almost a week, deciding if he was too scared to call.
The readers can decide which represents the more "pussy footed" man.

Lightweight says: get the girls number, then call her 5 minutes later because you just had to hear her voice. Give her immiediete attention. She might forget who you are if you wait too long!

LightsOut say: get the girls number, and make her wait. 3 or 4 days. When you're good and ready, have time in your schedule, and feel like it, give her a call, no big deal.

The readers can decide -- which male is percieved as the more confident, the more dominant, and the less desperate out of the above two scenarios?

In my opinion lightweight, your screenname is representative of your weight class when it comes to this game. :)

3 days is waaaaaay to long to wait. My rule of thumb is the first 5:30 - 6:30 PM weekday period you call during after the initial meeting. So if you met the night before the next day. if you met saturday afternoon Monday during that time period. I think its pretty standard. I say never call on a weekend for an initial call.
The next day is still far too soon. This gives a woman a huge psychological advantage. You don't give any woman that type of credit or attention unless she's your wife or wife potential. Waiting 3 or 4 days before calling lets her know immieditely that she really isn't that important to you and that she must earn your attention. She must make herself more available to you, not the other way around. Dominating women is easy if you know how they function.

Gavycrav, why don't you report on what happened when you called this girl. Did she "forget" all about you as lightweight fears she might, or was she happy to hear from you as I predict? Unless the girl's personality sucked over the phone or she was boring, I'd wager you had a good first conversation.

It's been 4 days and at this point she probably doesn't think you're interested or even thinking about it anymore. Now that you call it's a bit of a surprise and you're in the driver's seat. It's Tuesday. A couple of good conversation from here until Thursday, and she's in your car on Saturday for a date. By next Saturday she's in your bed for a good ramming. Do it.

Last edited:
Every situation is different. I have done both. Wolf can vouch that after I got a number from a pretty hot woman, and I called 5 or 10 minutes later, worked like a charm. I ended up having great sex with her for prob 8 months. She always mentioned that she loved that. Will it work everytime, of coarse not. And believe me, when I call, they know that I am not deserate, I can assure you of that....

My 2 cents.. calling 5 minutes later with a cute giddy comment is just fine. I just wanted to make sure you gave me the right number kind of comment and laugh and let her carry the rest of the conversation. (in other words, just calling to make sure your number works, I will talk to you later, meaning later as in another day) and let her text you later that night because she thought you were confident and cute.

Calling the next night between 5 and 7 as one said would work fine to.. just got home, its a work night, nothing going on so wanted to call you is fine as well.

Waiting 2, 3 days.. my personal opinion is loserville. You arent being confident, you arent being yourself, you are playing a game. If anything I would say that is insecure, high schoolish and I just cant be bothered with you. If a chick waited 3 days I would be like oh Hi.. if I even answered her call (by mistake). I would have very little interest in actually seeing that person again even if I was bored and entertained the conversation without cutting them short.

Chicks love excitement, that a guy wants to talk to them, in a kiddish kind of way. Thats confidence my friend and that will get you everywhere, of course good looks and everything else never hurts either.

My 2 cents.. calling 5 minutes later with a cute giddy comment is just fine. I just wanted to make sure you gave me the right number kind of comment and laugh and let her carry the rest of the conversation. (in other words, just calling to make sure your number works, I will talk to you later, meaning later as in another day) and let her text you later that night because she thought you were confident and cute.

Calling the next night between 5 and 7 as one said would work fine to.. just got home, its a work night, nothing going on so wanted to call you is fine as well.

Waiting 2, 3 days.. my personal opinion is loserville. You arent being confident, you arent being yourself, you are playing a game. If anything I would say that is insecure, high schoolish and I just cant be bothered with you. If a chick waited 3 days I would be like oh Hi.. if I even answered her call (by mistake). I would have very little interest in actually seeing that person again even if I was bored and entertained the conversation without cutting them short.

Chicks love excitement, that a guy wants to talk to them, in a kiddish kind of way. Thats confidence my friend and that will get you everywhere, of course good looks and everything else never hurts either.
Thank you basehead. Good post....

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
Well, I haven't called and probably won't. I just don't have any time. I got a date tomorrow night with a cutie and I am half hoping she cancels because of the rain/snow storm.

But, that's just where I am at right now.

Gavy