Screening Workaround?

Hahahaha I knew you could not prove it !!!! write a legitimate review of any provider you have seen as a man and have them verify it and then I'll believe your not a bitch.
Boy are you an idiot, to think that i'd fall for it. If they verify it, that would out me. But do you want me to describe Betty's studio layout?

Not Perfect, but...

If screening can minimize TO ANY DEGREE this type of event, I support it 100%.

Robber/Rapist Alert.....Important Info Please Read! (http://utopiaguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36204).

Regardless that screening doesn't always work, and may only postpone the abuse to those that choose not to screen (that is their choice). Those that choose to screen to try to avoid this scenario are fully justified, and those that don't want to be screened should just shut up and go somewhere else.

Period.

One thing I don't understand about the need for referrals is how you're are supposed to get them to begin with. If providers won't see you without a referral how do you get a referral?

It's reminds me of the tax stamp scheme the government originally used to ban marijuana. They didn't outlaw it outright. Instead they required anyone in possession of marijuana to have a special tax stamp. The problem was there was no way to get the tax stamp.

A bit of a conundrum...

That is why in the world of referrals you have to be screened at least once. In theory at least.
You either have to bite the bullet for the first screening, schedule a session with an agency that doesn't require screening (and that will be accepted as a referral), or stick to providers (CL/indy or MP) that don't require referrals.

Last edited:
I rarely ever take referals and have declined a trusted member and very nice guy (I found out later) solely because he used a referral from a provider who's past referrals have given me a hard time in session. Personally referrals interfere with my screening process but I respect and understand the purpose of them and will be more than happy to give them but very hesitate to take them.

My very first BR job was with a group of mature woman and I had to work for free at least one shift with each provider with a focus on screening. I was asked what I thought of each caller, if he was truthful, what vibe did I pick up, what did I think he would look like, ect. There was no calling back at work, most calls were private, no referrals. I was so resentful at the time but now I realize how lucky I was to learn important skills from seasoned providers.

Last edited:
Emily,

That's kind of awesome, a providers "security internship" of sorts! That's why I said to use an agency/source "that will be accepted as a referral", but I should have explicitly stated to check with the new provider if they would accept a referral from XYZ agency that advertises on ABC site.

Emily,

That's kind of awesome, a providers "security internship" of sorts! That's why I said to use an agency/source "that will be accepted as a referral", but I should have explicitly stated to check with the new provider if they would accept a referral from XYZ agency that advertises on ABC site.

I understand why they did it, they were a tight group of ladies who never had problems and wanted to keep it that way. I don't think it's done anymore, no one had the time or care anymore with modern technology, it's kind of old school, trusting instincts and phone mannerisms instead of what's on paper (rather computer screen). I have said "no" even when I had undeniable verifiable information given to me, it helps but it does not seal my final decision.

Last edited:
1) You either have to bite the bullet for the first screening,
2) schedule a session with an agency that doesn't require screening (and that will be accepted as a referral),
or
3) stick to providers (CL/indy or MP) that don't require referrals.
I have taken the third option.

I am not sure whether the second one works. At least not with many independent providers who would rather accept referrals only from other indies. Someone correct me if I am wrong on this one.

JL was right, it was my lame attempt at humor.
HE65 is relatively new around here and was following a tense discussion in this thread when he reached to your post. Not knowing the posters and the relation between them it is impossible to read a comment like yours as a joke. But a joke it was and a funny one.

The best jokes are usually veiled as something else. And an "utter and complete scumbag" like you knows how to serve one. (Yes, no sfsf for you.)

HE65 is relatively new around here and was following a tense discussion in this thread when he reached to your post.
Very true, but I was so inflated with my elevation to gold status I lost my roots. Still, I love good sarcasm but it will take a while on a board. I'm bad enough with names of people I meet, let alone with screen names and typing, so forgive my misunderstandings and trash me for the common good as appropriate. I just figured there is enough trash with assholes here that if I can be the peacemaker for a real misunderstanding (sadly a position I am in IRL) why not try.

OK, there's a St.Patty's day rama waiting for me. I hate gogo ramas, but it's tradition so one beer and I'll be back.

HE65, I just noticed that you joined this board much earlier than me, so I was a bit out of line. So, by "new around here" please read "participated less frequently in the past".
There are threads with serious debates here but also threads where we act clownishly. Well, not all of us. Sometimes it may be difficult to make a connection between the two or more "identities" of the same poster, but it is not much different from elsewhere in life.

Last edited:
No problem, I tend to look at posts rather than join date myself. I was a lurker for a while, but of late have been expanding to not just provider reviews. The last 6 months have been very interesting (on the bench at work, can only spend so much time self training). Still, there are some intense threads that really draw people out, and you can learn a lot about someone without ever meeting them. Reading after the fact isn't the same. Whatever, what were we talking about?