2022-23 NY Knicks

What a horror he was!
Amare Stoudamire was a beast the first season after the signing. When LeBron chose Miami, the Knicks pivoted to Amare, knowing full well he was injury prone. But they had to make the move for him. The Knicks were great that 2009-2010 season, but traded the core of their team mid-season for Carmelo which turned out to be a bad trade. They traded Raymond Felton, Wilson Chandler, Gallinari. That team had chemistry and was very competitive. I have not been to a game at the Garden since then.

Everything went sideways once Carmelo arrived.

Amare Stoudamire was a beast the first season after the signing. When LeBron chose Miami, the Knicks pivoted to Amare, knowing that he was injury prone. The Knicks were great that 2009-2010 season, but traded the core of their team mid-season for Carmelo which turned out to be a bad trade. They traded Felton, Wilson, Chandler, Gallinari. That team had chemistry and was very competitive.

And that was all Dolan's fault. He says he has learned from his mistakes and will now be hands off. Let's hope so.

Amare Stoudamire was a beast the first season after the signing. When LeBron chose Miami, the Knicks pivoted to Amare, knowing full well he was injury prone. But they had to make the move for him. The Knicks were great that 2009-2010 season, but traded the core of their team mid-season for Carmelo which turned out to be a bad trade. They traded Raymond Felton, Wilson Chandler, Gallinari. That team had chemistry and was very competitive. I have not been to a game at the Garden since then.

Yes he was a true beast!

billyS

Reign of Terror

I thought they signed Amare first hoping to show LeBron they were building.

Agree about trading everyone for one on one Anthony.