2021-2022 MLB Hot Stove Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Devi Garcia’s stock may be down, but it would not surprise me if he gets straightened out. He’s only 22 years old.
The official story was that the Yankees changed his mechanics in the off season and he spent the whole year trying to adjust.

My suspicion is that it might have something to do with the sticky stuff. He was always a "high spin rate" guy. His fastball rode up in the strike zone and his curve had well above average bite.
We'll see.

I have no problem getting rid of Frazier. I am kind of surprised they couldn't trade him for something. They gave him his shot. Gittens is not very good so they probably just decided they were done with him. Wade was a very useful player. He was really good because he could play every position except catcher. good defender and good speed. Plus I think only Judge and Stanton had higher averages than him this year!! He hit 268 - the same as DJ.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I have no problem getting rid of Frazier. I am kind of surprised they couldn't trade him for something. They gave him his shot. Gittens is not very good so they probably just decided they were done with him. Wade was a very useful player. He was really good because he could play every position except catcher. good defender and good speed. Plus I think only Judge and Stanton had higher averages than him this year!! He hit 268 - the same as DJ.
Gittens is still on the roster.
All three of those guys were Designed for Assignment so that means they can still be traded in the next 10 days or so.
Usually if a team is interested they will offer something otherwise they then go thru waivers and they might not get a shot if another team with a worse record grabs them first.

The official story was that the Yankees changed his mechanics in the off season and he spent the whole year trying to adjust.

My suspicion is that it might have something to do with the sticky stuff. He was always a "high spin rate" guy. His fastball rode up in the strike zone and his curve had well above average bite.
We'll see.
That makes sense

Cleveland change their name to the guardians, what a stupid name, almost as dumb as the Washington football team.. Anybody could’ve came up with a better name than that.
How about the other shitty baseball team in Ohio. :)

Baez, then Pitching and pitching and more pitching. But they didnt really hit last season either. They also need an outfelder or 2. They need a lot.
3B - Bryant
RF - Castellanos/Conforto/Rosario/Pham - Flyer type contract on him
CF - Taylor

Add 2 starters and 2 bullpen pieces.

Cano is the starter at 2B, no way 48 million is sitting on the bench.
Use Smith and Alonso as the 1B/DH combo

Article in the Record today about how Yankees only had to match the Astro's offer to sign Verlander.
Remember that the next time Hal and Cashman feed everyone they will do anything to win.
I'm fine with them not signing Verlander, but they better be right about it.

Cashman LOVES this guy Gray from Colorado, he would be a disaster in Yankee Stadium. Not a fan.

Article in the Record today about how Yankees only had to match the Astro's offer to sign Verlander.
Remember that the next time Hal and Cashman feed everyone they will do anything to win.
I'm fine with them not signing Verlander, but they better be right about it.

Cashman LOVES this guy Gray from Colorado, he would be a disaster in Yankee Stadium. Not a fan.
Houston gave Verlander 2 years and $50 mill. Verlander is 39 and coming off Tommy JOhn. The second year is a player option. I can guarantee you that Verlander will be exercising that option. I don't blame the Yankees for not matching that.

Houston gave Verlander 2 years and $50 mill. Verlander is 39 and coming off Tommy JOhn. The second year is a player option. I can guarantee you that Verlander will be exercising that option. I don't blame the Yankees for not matching that.
I don't either Steve, but they better be right on this. If he comes back lights out its just another blemish on Cashman and his inability to read players.

He should have been gone before that ...when he had value.Upside? They had onto these guy too long and then they end up worth nothing...Frazier, Andujar,Devi Garcia....
No, I here you and I agree with you, its just that I think we all thought Maybe Frazier can be pretty good. Its hard to trade a young guy making no money with upside, I would think... But I know what you are saying.

Devi Garcia’s stock may be down, but it would not surprise me if he gets straightened out. He’s only 22 years old.

Andujar has been ravaged by injuries since his ridiculous rookie year. I’m confident that should he go to another team and play everyday, he would perform. He’s still a chip that can be dealt in a blockbuster deal.
Remember, he cant field. I think he can turn into a really good hitter though. His quick bat is awesome.

Marte?
How do you feel about resigning Stroman?
Marte is really good. I would love him. I think many teams would. Stroman. May have no choice but to try to sign him. I think he is a dick, but he did pitch really well this year. He is pretty good. If he is your number 3, you probably have a real good staff.

Agreed. Then I can guess you play Nimo in center?
Nimo is pretty good and he was getting better in Center. I dont think, although I like him, they would sign Castellans, because you lose your second draft pick which because we have 2 firsts, it would be the 14 pick in the draft and Mets need to build their minors. Other teams would lose their second round pick.

I agree. One yr chance is worth it. But I get it. If he pitches lights out for 2 years, you will look back but , I think Yanks made the right move.

Sometimes you just gotta move on, plus, you know, not sure why, Cashman never liked him.

Remember, he cant field. I think he can turn into a really good hitter though. His quick bat is awesome.
He has to stay healthy. He's a lot like Eduardo Nunez, except a better hitter. I think a lot of teams would give him a shot, but I agree he's not good defensively. If the NL goes to the DH, you may have interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.