Backpage ads with numbers only

Anybody know what's up recently with BP? In the last week, some towns seem flooded with ads that only have a phone number, some pics and a city. No names, age, ad content, nothing. Ex. Hempstead, Huntington, Islip.

At first I assumed they were spam ads but then I started noticing some of them were using pics of real people I've seen advertise before. And at least one of them the phone number and pics definitely matched from older ads. So now I think they are potentially real ads but it strikes me as odd.

Got any insight into the strangeness?

Heh. Oops. I didn't see the others. Seems the mods have seen fit to merge the threads.

So BP has made it so we can’t post more than 140 characters. Now they made us put our IG and phone number. It’s all becoming a pain in the ass honestly. So the easiest thing to do is say something short and sweet.

They have cut out all abbreviations. You can’t even say incall or Outcall now.

The ads I was referring to don't have anything other than a phone number let alone 140 characters. Guess BP think's it's twitter now. However, as someone else pointed out, it's only a fraction of the ads. It appears to be location centric. So maybe they are rolling it out slowly by region? Seems kinda dumb no matter how you look at it.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Doesn't seem to be a hard and fast policy. Only about 20% of the ads are adhering abbreviated format and even those that do certainly get their point across with the pictures.
The percentage is going up each day.
I've also noticed that it is the Township that is entered. I was wondering why so many girls were in Hempstead and Rockville Centre had dried up. But then it caught my eye that all the new shorter ads are Township Huntington, Hempstead, Babylon, Islip

The percentage is going up each day.
I've also noticed that it is the Township that is entered. I was wondering why so many girls were in Hempstead and Rockville Centre had dried up. But then it caught my eye that all the new shorter ads are Township Huntington, Hempstead, Babylon, Islip
Now that makes sense and I would be willing to bet that the ones who still have ads more than 140 characters and no phone number in the title are prepaid or something and once that is expired they have to conform to the new system. I can live with the location part. Some of those girls had every town and village on long island from Hempstead to Montauk listed in their ad. It made it difficult at times to know who was where and what it was going to cost to have someone come to you.

Sophia Belle

Trickle Down Economist
The shit is crazy. Now there is no option to enter any text... not even your location...

I don’t have an option to make a title even.. so I wonder how some ads still have titles