You're gonna love this......

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
OK, since all you guys keep asking me "When am I going to reach "Silver"?", you appear to be very status conscious. So, we're going to give you a "tag" you can really want - Member of the Month. This tag will stay with you as long as you are on UG, and all your posts will be taggged with it. You can pile them up like medals ( MoM March '01, Mom September '01, etc. ). It'll be like being a Playboy Playmate ( who seem to all be known for when the were POM, no ? ).

The first MoM, which will be for March '01, but we will start immediately, will be awarded to the guy who discovers the best new, under the radar ( at least currently ) talent, and presents the info here ( along with at least some form of contact info ). The award will be for the best single find, not the biggest list, although the more you find, the better chance of the "entry" being the winner. So, go knock yourselves out.

pswope

One out of three
Judge and Jury eh

Forgive me,oh powerful one for being ignorant but

who is going to make the judgement as to which heretofor unknown talent is the "best".
If you are the judge does that mean you will road test all contenders?

Slinky Bender

I'll make the judgement, but that doesn't mean I have to make a personal inspection of the merchandise. I have lots of ways of assessing what's going on.

so youre saying that lisa, AA & holly don't count? i brought them here.

you know i have a list a mile long, but if i post them all here......THEY WOULDN'T BE UNDER THE RADAR NOW, WOULD THEY.

frankly i couldn't care about status.....i told you, once GC reached silver i prefered to be "shit brown" for all i care.

OZZY DON'T NEED NO STINKING MEDALS.

and he ain't telling any secrets.

[Edited by Ozzy on 02-16-2001 at 02:28 PM]

Allen, I believe a new shit brown category should be born... it would actually be appropriate to mete out the shit brown award to misusers of the system...

I write for a living. Writing more to get silver is starting to be a pain in the ass. Yet, I write on, in hopes of catching up to the elite.

Slinky Bender

Just to be clear: like all "contests", they start at a given time, end at a given time, have set critera, etc. There have been lots of great contributions here, and we appreciate all of them. That said, things are what they are. Not taking any lottery tickets with the date of January 14th, even if they have this week's winning numbers on them.

Ferget Badges, I want a TITLE!

I haven't chosen one yet, but here are the big contenders...

Horny Bastard,
Baron Knucklehead
Count de Pussy
Beaver King...
Plus several more which would describe me more accurately, but would offend even the nastiest bastards here...

And I still love these faces :p:p:p:p:p

That settles it.

Uncle Slink,
I've decided.
Count De Pussy!
I've chosen my title.
Where it now says Bronze, I'd like it to be written..."Dubbed now, in the Kingdom of Utopia, Count de Pussy"

Whadda ya think? Can you do it?

Suggest different acronym

MOM, is often the acronym given to milk of magnesia, given to anal retentives when they're constipated.

I suggest a different nomenclature, even though some here could obvious benefit from taking a healthy dump.