You send me a text telling me to "what"??

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
I dated this girl on the job December/January 2009-10. It is safe to say it lasted 3 weeks. The girl was a nutjob. A raging alcoholic that would have put any of the alcoholic cocktail waitresses I dated to shame.

First off, she wasn't all that attractive to me. She was white, the horror! (The guys at work are pretty split down the middle on her. All would do her. I am assuming most of you guys would that value "white women".) Not exactly my cup of tea. But I was willing to try.

Well, she was an enbarrassment to be seen with when she was drinking. A complete attention seeking , look at me, obnoxious lush. And she would flirt with other guys "innocently" in front of me. I was just about a year removed from "the scene" and had stopped drinking and partying. I just wasn't having it. We broke up after a series of embarrassing events.

But --- we still worked together. It got to the point that we didn't talk to each other. Real uncomfortable. And then, last summer --- 2010 --- she starts sending these "booty call" texts. These "come over and see me sometime" themed text messages. I played along, never went over and , childlishly, showed a co-worker or two that despise her the text messages. Thank goodness I did this! She got plastered and started telling people last summer that I was pursuing her! I had started the texting all up. I mean, it was complete nonsense. I really, really tried to stay out of the fray and "above it", but it just got really uncomfortable.

So, Again, we went about a year without talking. And then, the summer comes and we are out drinking with coworkers. And we are at an event and we start wrapping again. Maybe she has matured, I am thinking. She is 26 years old now. OK, we can give this another go around as "friends" . Nothing sexual. So July and August go by. Not a hitch. It is almost refreshing not working with tension. I remember the person I sort of liked as a person before I dated her.

---- INSERT SIDE STORY ---- funny "catch phrases" catch on at my job. For the better part of a year, I have been doing this silly little thing. I say "call me" and mimic a telephone to my ear with the universal hand sign for phone --- extended thumb, extended pinky, three middle fingers called in. Now this catch phrase has spread like wild fire through out my job. It's a goofy, silly little thing that happens in work places. All innocent. ---- END SIDE STORY ----

And then, I get this txt message last night.

bad skinned white girl - dont text me ever again....ur stupid texts r ruining my life.

me - Call me [editor note : I wrote that for comedic purposes]

bad skinned white girl - im serious "gavvy cravath"..leave me alone

me - Did Angelo [editor note : her new boyfriend] grab your cell phone and txt me?

bad skinned white girl -no im texting u..its not a game..stop sending me texts that say i miss us and shit like that

me - call me lol

me - I am not interested and neither are you - lock your phone

bad skinned white girl - where r u

She knew I was out drinking with coworkers. And , of course, I showed everyone. Immature, yeah, but fuck it. What a mental case.

Be careful with this nut job before she tries to say you are sexually harassing her at work. It happens all the time. Especially with nut jobs.

this is why you should never shit where you eat. nothing good can ever come of it. even if all goes well once or twice, eventually, it will end badly. just consider how bad it is breaking up with someone you'll hopefully never see again, now you have to work with this person every day. good luck and i hope nothing really bad happens work wise.

this is why you should never shit where you eat. nothing good can ever come of it. even if all goes well once or twice, eventually, it will end badly. just consider how bad it is breaking up with someone you'll hopefully never see again, now you have to work with this person every day. good luck and i hope nothing really bad happens work wise.
I'm with you on that - I have crapped where I eaten numerous times and even though I've been lucky that the splits were amicable there were occasions that came close to being dicey with the possibility of either losing the job and/or the SO finding out.

Last couple of years I have pretty much forced the big head to ensure the little head doesn't make those kind of decisions at work. Just not worth it.