Yanks still own the town

Bayboy said:
Listen...
having an all star at every position doesn't mean that you have a good TEAM.
key word TEAM.....Steinbrenner never understood this concept and that's why HE is the biggest loser of all !

Just wanted to wax poetic a bit

There is no “I” in Team
But there is a “Me”
It helps me to remember.
What others may not see.

That it takes little moments
To get to Victory.
And in those little moments
Sometimes it’s up to ME

There is no “I” in Team
But there is a “Mate”
Each one that cheers me on
For my turn at the Plate.

I’ll always know their names
their voices resonate.
We won a lot of games
I’ll always see their faces
But what really made us Great.
Is that he always picked me up
My Friend... & my team-MATE

LorenzoDeMedici said:
Just wanted to wax poetic a bit

There is no “I” in Team
But there is a “Me”
It helps me to remember.
What others may not see.

That it takes little moments
To get to Victory.
And in those little moments
Sometimes it’s up to ME

There is no “I” in Team
But there is a “Mate”
Each one that cheers me on
For my turn at the Plate.

I’ll always know their names
their voices resonate.
We won a lot of games
I’ll always see their faces
But what really made us Great.
Is that he always picked me up
My Friend... & my team-MATE
Very Well Said !

imbicile... If you weren't running around like a retarded Met fan you might have seen me say about a dozen times that I'm not a Yankee fan.

Hate them.. but respect them.

Last edited:
Ozzy, still have that respect for the Yanks??? I am a MET FAN, and have NOOO problem with what George does, if I had his resources, I would probably do the same thing, hey, who doesn't want the best players on their team..... But its as if George went out and spent 3000 an hour on what was supposed to be the BEST whore in the world, and all he ends up with is a Hand Job, and a Bill for 3000.......I love it when shit works out...... for us Mets fans, and I do admit, it doesn't happen too often, so when it does, we have to rub it in...

Ozzy said:
imbicile... If you weren't running around like a retarded Met fan you might have seen me say about a dozen times that I'm not a Yankee fan.

Hate them.. but respect them.
Do you still respect them after they QUIT on Saturday? The "2004: Year of the Choke" against the Red Sox was unprecedented but at least that Yanker team didn't lay down to die. And that's not just me saying it; Mike Francesa said the same thing. Even Michael Kay, the most bisased announcer in history, called it "disgraceful and devastating".

There's been some pretty bad teams in history, like the 1962 Mets. But at least they never quit. It'll be a long time before the embarrassment of this Yankee team fades and all Yanker-haters are going to make sure Yanker fans don't forget about it anytime soon.

Note to the YES network: it's time to update your Yankee Classic films with "2006: The Year of the Quit".

I heard Steinbrener is having Ted Williams head defrosted, and he is going to pay it 30 million a year to be a DH LOLOL IF Ted's Head will play for the Yankees....lolol

mitchmaxx said:
I heard Steinbrener is having Ted Williams head defrosted, and he is going to pay it 30 million a year to be a DH LOLOL IF Ted's Head will play for the Yankees....lolol
LOL.

He's going to save money by defrosting Williams' head naturally in a Tampa Bay spring training game.

Just because a free agent is the most expensive at his position does not make him the best and does not make a champion.
The yankees have proved that with the lay down of 2006.
Maybe it's time I stop complaining about their buying of players. As long as they continue to buy losers and cancers like johnson, giambi sheffield Liddle Pavano, etc. The Mets aquired some free agents but look at the chemistry there and their free agents were half of what the yankees paid. The Mets like each other and are happy to be where they are. Guys on the yankees who never won a thing act lifeless and have no spirit.
The mets are a breath of fresh air.

dduck024 said:
The Mets aquired some free agents but look at the chemistry there and their free agents were half of what the yankees paid.

The Mets outbid everyone to get Beltran and Delgado and they will throw exorbitant sums of money at Zito (as will the Yankees). Last year, all of you were complaining about how they overpaid for an under-performing Beltran.

Mr. Wet Wooly said:
The Mets outbid everyone to get Beltran and Delgado and they will throw exorbitant sums of money at Zito (as will the Yankees). Last year, all of you were complaining about how they overpaid for an under-performing Beltran.
My point really being that both the Mets and Yankees have overpaid for their share of losers. Mo Vaughn, Alomar, etc.

Mr. Wet Wooly said:
My point really being that both the Mets and Yankees have overpaid for their share of losers. Mo Vaughn, Alomar, etc.
Don't even start with the payroll issue. The Yankers spent a BILLION dollars in the last six years without anything to show for it. By 2086 when the Curse ends, it may be a TRILLION.

"The Mets outbid everyone to get Beltran and Delgado and they will throw exorbitant sums of money at Zito (as will the Yankees). Last year, all of you were complaining about how they overpaid for an under-performing Beltran."

Mr. Wet Wooly...
Get your facts straight... they traded for Delgado- they lost out to FLorida when he was a free agent. Also, I'm not convinced they'll jump into the Sox/ Yanks bidding war for Zito- they're not sure he's a #1, and Boras is going to jack his price... he's got Yankee failure written all over him.