all's well that ends well, I am booked.

Thank you kindly for your responses.

Sincerely,
candie
xx

[Edited by candie on 04-29-2001 at 04:37 PM]

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
I think it's simply the economy. The same type of response was garnered on the NYC board by a few women who posted that they were visiting NYC from various places. With less $$ floating around, there is more resentment of prices, and less shame in espousing that resentment. A lot of it is simply guys not being able to do the same type of things they did when money was flush, and they have to take it out on someone.

Candie

If you post a rate stick to the rate. If you raise it, raise it and beware of the consequences. I.E. guys not seeing you because your rate is too high. If I feel a providers rates are too high I will not negotiante for fear of service being reduced, i just stay away from that provider. Money is tight for most of us right now. I just cut back my activity, but not the quality. How has the economy affected you?

I am sure you have all heard this before, sorry for harping on the same note. The rates in NYC are way overpriced. With no disrespect to candie whom I have yet to meet, but I think the a slowing economy will hopefully bring about a correction not only in the Real Estate market but also in the providers’ market. The prices are too high and a correction is badly needed.

Agreed

I agree. My travels find the hobby much less expensive in other cities. But rents and utilities are also higher here. There are still some good values in this business. I consider Candie an excellent value albeit I find to tolls to visit her a little steep even though I have EZPass.

Hotpuppy

Mr.Butterworth
Candie,
I have perused all the posts on the TBD Carolina board( if that is the one you are referring to) and I have to admit, I dont get a sense of those men being mean to you. In fact two of them even post that they want to see you regardless. Am I missing something? Please point me in the direction of the attack- cant let those rednecks get away with dissing one of ours<g>.
If in fact you have been attacked its just another example of what a sham "Southern Hospitality" is- dont get me started on the South.
Take care hp

BTW, just curious, but if you are adjusting your rates for Carolinas, are you doing the same for the homeboys?

Wow, just noticed Im Silver!

[Edited by Hotpuppy on 04-28-2001 at 04:24 PM]

Maybe I am over reacting HP but I felt they were seriously mocking me due to me being a yankee etc. There is another post as well if you scroll down.

X- biz has always been very consistent except til about 2wks before april 16th. It came back that friday strong, and many of the providers have said same.

Over priced range could very well be so. Who started it? Was it to avoid gerald? I have very few that try and barter or chew me down but well frankly compared to a lot of other cities... cept chicago where the ladies raise their rates, we are very overly priced.

Was it to elimanate the druggies/troublesome clients? I still have a lot of clients I see at my old rates but I would love for something positive to come out of this for sure.

I wouldn't mind giving those well known hobbiest who enjoy being in that candy store of providers. Heck at least we can trust them as they will always speak the language us providers need..... references! Yes we even speak that language too.

SB - I can't say I ever saw a recession as some have hinted to. Anything, in the market was paper. I will agree with Bush though being worse than Clinton was in regards to the economy. Clinton was great!!!

chicago

Big debates going on now on the tbd chicago boards. Interesting reading for sure.

Its NY, SF,LA that have highest prices.

[Edited by candie on 04-28-2001 at 05:47 PM]

Hotpuppy

Mr.Butterworth
The high price of doing business has always been a major topic for discussion- now with the current downturn and alot of us seeing our net worth cut in half or worse, it is even more of a concern. I hate to make this analogy, but when times get difficult in the business world and sales fall off, incentives to buy are usually offered( like rebates for buying a new car etc.). Im not suggesting that you or any other provider do this, although it is probably worth thinking about, but the current economic situation is going to demand changes in how disposable income is handled. I personally have never tried to negociate downward with any provider that Ive been with( except one longtime regular who gives me a good rate for overnights), and I dont plan to start now. I dont claim to understand economics , but the law of supply and demand is easy. Due to the downturn there are less on the demand side, with no change in supply- so draw your own conclusions. Now doesnt seem to be the right time to be increasing the cost of anything.
Take care HP

Hotpuppy

Mr.Butterworth
Originally posted by candie
all's well that ends well, I am booked.

Thank you kindly for your responses.

Sincerely,
candie
xx

[Edited by candie on 04-29-2001 at 04:37 PM]
Oh, so there is no problem with all those mean southern men now that your trip is booked?
take care,hp

JohnJ

Repentant Sinner
Godiva... MMMmmmmm

Godiva is good... but even they sell their stuff in Costco at a reduced rate. In fact its 20% less for the deluxe 1/2 lb Ballotin (gold box).

Hmmmmm wonder if Costco or Sams Clubs could arrange something with the providers.

I know "BJ's Wholesale Clubs" would reap in the most sales...... LOL : )

John J

JohnJ

Repentant Sinner
Info on Candie

Hmmmm

Now my curiosity is perked.... (did that sound right)

Where can i get more info on Candie...???

BTW.... imagine they were doing "sampling" of the goods at BJ's ...... (I'd double dip)

John J

Hotpuppy

Mr.Butterworth
Originally posted by candie
I wish not to go into why I eliminated my post due to someones obvious bitterness on pricing. I wish you well HP but do not ever contact me.
Candie,
Thank you for the well wishes, you do not have to concern yourself that I will ever contact you. Complain as some might about the nonsense on these boards, occasionally we find out what we need to know , what choices to make and what paths not to take.
Take care, HP

I was not planning on posting a review about my session with Candie this past Friday, but this current discussion warrants some response. I met with Candie for two hours, during her Manhattan incall visit. Without being overly descriptive, let me state that our time together was sublime and well in keeping with current Manhattan incall prices. We spent a few blissful, relaxing, senusous hours, getting to know one another on many levels. Although I will not share the personal aspects of our time together, I am happy to report that Candie is a warm, intelligent, and feeling person. Her status as a GFE depends, as always, on each hobbyist's predilictions and demands. But, she certainly met my expectations. I left her company satiated and fulfilled. I look forward to her next incall in the city. Her prices are consistent with the current independent incall hobby. Whether those rates should come down, given recent market fluctuations, is not a subject that I care to address. But, seeing Candie is well worth your time and money. She will not disappoint.

See that HP, you went and pissed her off.

Good thing Guy's not around right now or you'd be "mean-spirited" too.

Not such a P.S. but it seems to me that the reason why mixed boards have so much trouble is that IN GENERAL the ladies seem to take everything that is said SO VERY personally (not that I'm so sure they shouldn't) that the hobbyists have to walk on eggshells most of the time.

Now, did HP make an *assumption* about why candie deleted/edited the post about Southern gentlemen being mean to her because she (finally ?) booked her trip. Yes he did. Was it a mistaken assumption ? Did she really delete/edit the post for another reason she didn't tell us about ? Who knows ?

But does she bother to explain the *real* reason she deleted/edited her post so that HP could apologize (if, in fact, he even should) ? No, she simply tells him (mean-spiritedly ?) in a huff to NEVER contact her.