Would you let a hooker just die, OD? Or help her?

Honestly, having a family would definitely make it scary BUT I think I'd still call 911. If nothing else, and I was a completely shitty person and had no regard for the human in front of me, I'd at least be scared that police would find a dead person, comb through security footage, realize I'm the last person to see her and then come question me in front of my family. At the very least, you call 911, explain that she's a "friend" and walk away.

In the 90s my cousin had died of an OD in front of me. He was foaming at the mouth, convulsing etc... I used to do the popular drugs in the 80s with him. I got clean but he never did. I watched him die on the floor before calling to report it. It took hours, it wasn't the quick thing you usually see on TV or movies. It was the best thing for him and everyone around him. He didn't have kids but was a pain in the ass to his family, including me, and his girl friend. Sometimes it's best to just let nature take it's course and not interfere.
This is insane. You let your cousin die because he was a pain in the ass? I have a 2nd cousin through marriage who's an alcoholic and also a pain because you know... addiction... and I wouldn't even do him that dirty. You're lucky the United States doesn't have any Duty to Rescue laws because in some countries, you'd be charged with a crime.

I was at a motel with a girl and her bf/ pimp came to the door. She opened it and he came in. He tells her he fucked up and collapsed on the floor. I check his pulse and nothing. I don't use but I fortunately carried narcan in my backpack and gave him a shot. Nothing. Gave him another shot and he came back. No way I could walk out without helping.

Who knew there were so many bleeding hearts here. If you're religious you can say the Sky Fairy killed my cousin I was just a witness. If the Almighty Sky Fairy chose that path what is a mere mortal to do? LOL

There are no Good Samaritan laws in NYS or NYC but it would be difficult to prove I violated anything like that if necessary.

It's a harsh reality of tough love but I did my family and my country a favor. My cousin wasn't forced to be addicted like Popeye Doyle. This isn't a disease. It's a lifestyle choice like smoking or being a swinger. He and I chose to use drugs and we paid the price. His price was heftier than mine but it was his choice. I think of him once in awhile and know I did him a favor. I have no trouble sleeping at night. If given the same circumstances I would make the same choice.

Who knew there were so many bleeding hearts here. If you're religious you can say the Sky Fairy killed my cousin I was just a witness. If the Almighty Sky Fairy chose that path what is a mere mortal to do? LOL

There are no Good Samaritan laws in NYS or NYC but it would be difficult to prove I violated anything like that if necessary.

It's a harsh reality of tough love but I did my family and my country a favor. My cousin wasn't forced to be addicted like Popeye Doyle. This isn't a disease. It's a lifestyle choice like smoking or being a swinger. He and I chose to use drugs and we paid the price. His price was heftier than mine but it was his choice. I think of him once in awhile and know I did him a favor. I have no trouble sleeping at night. If given the same circumstances I would make the same choice.
Did his parents feel the same way like "someone did them a favor"? I assume you have no kids.

Does his parents, brother, sister, children, or your close family members know you watched and did nothing and thank you for it?

Your understanding of addiction is so far from the truth, I won’t even waste space here trying to educate you -

Do yourself a favor and google the good sanitation law and see what you learn

I pity you

Erika (best BBBJ ever) who used to hang out by the corner where Sayonara used to be said to me once that the day before she had a terrible experience. A john she was servicing in the Sayonara (he paid real good and didn't want any weird stuff) took some drugs "bad stuff" and OD right then and there. She called 911 and waited with him until they came. The cops asked her what happened and after she told them they said "get out of here". The guy survived.

I would hope that in similar circumstances and the girl was OD'ing that I would be at the same moral level as she was.
Erika was a gem. Wonder where she is now. Top 5 BBJs of all time.

In the 90s my cousin had died of an OD in front of me. He was foaming at the mouth, convulsing etc... I used to do the popular drugs in the 80s with him. I got clean but he never did. I watched him die on the floor before calling to report it. It took hours, it wasn't the quick thing you usually see on TV or movies. It was the best thing for him and everyone around him. He didn't have kids but was a pain in the ass to his family, including me, and his girl friend. Sometimes it's best to just let nature take it's course and not interfere.
This is one of the most fucked up things I have read on this board or otherwise. Disgusting.

Trust me, I am not judging your actions. Because, everybody has their own mental-emotional-intellectual structure. And, it is very difficult to alter.

And, just because most of the religions and moral codes encourage lending a hand to another being, human or otherwise, there are always exceptions and extenuating circumstances. As in times of war, or a struggle between two for survival, a fight to the death, kill or be killed.

Possibly, this individual, “your cousin,” you felt, was a great enemy to you, and a great danger and corruption, in your estimation, to others.

So, you felt more compassion as an obligation to the world to let him perish without interceding. (possibly he and his lifestyle would be a detriment to countless other innocent victims in your limited purview)

And, as you said, if the Almighty Creator of Heaven and Earth, (your term: “The Almighty Sky Fairy”) saw his survival necessary, your assistance was unnecessary, since your assistance was never asked for by “The Almighty Sky Fairie” prior, in the creation, maintaining, sustaining, and destruction of His/Her universes.

And, theologically speaking, you make a very valid point that would hold up in any philosophical discussion.

Your approach is not unheard of, even amongst certain spiritual paths. It is sometimes known as “The Way of the Warrior.”

The Bhagavad Gita, a sacred Hindu scripture, in a conversation between the prince, Arjuna, and, Lord Krishna, on the battlefield in a great epic war addresses your approach. Lord Krishna proclaims:
"The wise lament neither for the living nor for the dead."

It's a profound teaching about detachment and equanimity even in the direst of circumstances.

But, then again, if a similar life/death event ever occurs for you again, possibly you might consider that your saving of one’s life could be the event that turns their life around, and other lives, also, in the ripple effect.

Your selfless act of love, compassion and mercy to save another’s life might be perceived by “the junkie” as so deeply, profoundly transformational, that he might be caused to undergo a spiritual awakening to a more virtuous lifestyle.

And, that is a very distinct possibility that you must understand deeply, since you transformed your own life from being under the bondage of substance, to sobriety. (as I understand your explanation)

In my experience, my saving a life was completely transformational, not only to the survivor, whose life exhibited a far more powerful stature afterwards, but also to myself, and our relationship with each other.

Our relationship today is one of deep and profound understanding. And, believe it or not, on many occasions after the event, they have come to my aid. We don’t speak everyday, but, they just show up with an uncanny sense of timing when I find myself bereft of any support from the outside world. They are there in an instant, with their loving, caring, healing presence. There is a very deep love connection. That person is a female and at least half my age. (no sexual contact or attraction at all, but a love that transcends physicality)

Also, on that particular life-saving event, because I had to work on them with such desperate fervor and vigor to bring them back, the effort and success really jolted my psyche rather profoundly, being filled with a sense of, “anything and everything is possible!!!”

I mean, talk about a “high?” Try bringing someone back through the jaws of death!!! You feel like you have been knighted by God Himself, having passed a test so severe and grueling, ordained by “The Universe.”

On every occasion, after reviving a life, the experience has always left me in an extremely elevated sense of “Awareness,” that returns whenever my thought dwells again on it in memory.

Selfless acts expand your consciousness. Selfish acts contract your consciousness.

Saving someone’s life, and watching them open their eyes and breathe for the first time, as a result of your efforts (or your “Good Tooth Fairy” working through you) is like orgasming through every cell of your being, not merely your manhood.

So, next time you are blessed with such an opportunity, as saving someone’s life, consider taking up the challenge, if for nothing other than to see what it feels like.

When someone OD from opiates or heroin, administration of Narcan may revive them, but it is imperative one call 911 or seek immediate medical intervention-
As @genius states the “ fix “ may only be temporary and possibly of one falling back into overdose state is high -

When one does overdose and “come back “ from Narcan revival “ do not leave that person alone. They may feel that they are ok, but most likely they are not —

Sadly, there are too many of these “drug parties” nowadays where there is a designated “ Narcan administerer” who serves as the “ designated driver, “

Some of our younger generation have lost their way ..

When someone OD from opiates or heroin, administration of Narcan may revive them, but it is imperative one call 911 or seek immediate medical intervention-
As @genius states the “ fix “ may only be temporary and possibly of one falling back into overdose state is high -

When one does overdose and “come back “ from Narcan revival “ do not leave that person alone. They may feel that they are ok, but most likely they are not —

Sadly, there are too many of these “drug parties” nowadays where there is a designated “ Narcan administerer” who serves as the “ designated driver, “

Some of our younger generation have lost their way ..
"A review of emergency medical services data from Massachusetts found that when given naloxone, 93.5% of people survived their overdose. The research looked at more than 12,000 dosages administered between July 1, 2013 and December 31, 2015. A year after their overdose, 84.3% of those who had been given the reversal drug were still alive. "

So when administrated by professionals (EMS) almost 7% don't survive. And a year later of those who survive just over 15% are dead, presumably of another OD.

Note that this data is from 2013-2015 before the flooding of illegal drugs with fentanyl that is being seen today. And the Narcan was administered by pro's and not some "Narcan administerer” who serves as the “ designated driver, “

The unmarried me - I would help no matter what.. no one deserves a horrible overdosing death.

The married me - I don’t know. I’d shit myself. I’d have to help. My texts and calls would be embedded in this crackheads phone. I’d be on camera. I would not be A happy person. But yes, I would help…
it Would be tough to call the ambulance without them having your phone number. And getting a 3rd party would be tough cause then they know what you were doing

This situation is a double edge sword.

if you walk away, from a overdose person, the cameras will show you were the last person they saw alive. There’s always cameras.

If you call from your cell phone, you will get questions and there will be a phone log and it will be recorded.