Worst Pizza Joints In NYC

was at place at the corner of Bleecker and Broadway

luckily ..I dont remember the name but it belongs on this list.

the pizza had so much salt on it..it tasted digusting.

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE !!!

oh yea....slices were $3***0 and up.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, most pizza places in the city fall under this category. There was a time when New York Pizza was the standard. That's hardly the case today.

If by "air dancing" you mean NO CONTACT WHATSOEVER, they had more than "air dancing" there.

(Although I have to agree with you that it wasn't ENOUGH more to ever justify going there.)

(Believe it or not, although it isn't 100% clear, it probably IS illegal in New York for a girl to rub her clothed butt on your clothed dick.)

For the worst pizza, come to Brooklyn. Once upon a time, almost all the local pizza parlors served a good slice. Now when you order from 75% of the places, you get a piece of wonderbread topped with the most stale, cheapest ingredients around.

I miss the old italian pizza places.

My favorite pizza place as a kid went downhill when the old man died and left it to the wife. I saw the quality of the pizza going south when then changed something with the dough im guessing because it was just not the same. Then the people who used to make the pizza there moved on to other jobs and new people made the pizza there. They eventually sold the place to new management and not the location is a cuchi fritto place.

Last edited:
Ya know I wish people would start to learn to use part skim mozzarella on their pizza. You don't need that full fat stuff and it weighs down the entire slice. Or at least mix 1 part skim and 1 part whole.

That's the way most good places do it. I think some people in the pizza business for over 30 years (and some publications like Zagats) might know a little better than you.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Ya know I wish people would start to learn to use part skim mozzarella on their pizza.
That's the way most good places do it. I think some people in the pizza business for over 30 years (and some publications like Zagats) might know a little better than you.
Well which is it then?
If you know places that use part skim mozzarella then why don't you just drag your fat Yankee hating ass over to those places and STFU?
Seriously Chuck,
If you have the urge for pizza but are watching your calories you can always go for it then watch make up for it at another meal that day.

Well which is it then?
If you know places that use part skim mozzarella then why don't you just drag your fat Yankee hating ass over to those places and STFU?
Seriously Chuck,
If you have the urge for pizza but are watching your calories you can always go for it then watch make up for it at another meal that day.

What? That's what I said, the better places use SOME part skim. My family has owned pizza places since the 60's. We would use a mix of half part skim and half whole moz. Thats the way most of the better places do it. I don't want to say too much on this sort of board but I bet you or anyone else who like pizza in NYC has at one time or another eaten at my family's place. I can't think of anyone I met from NYC that didn't eat there at least once or hasn't heard of it. Just so you know I'm not talking out of my ass.

It's not a question of calories, it's just better. I know so many places are using the cheap stuff which is usually whole milk mozzarella. That's one of the reason my father's success. I remember placing orders with the vendors and they would tell us how other places in the area would always buy the cheapest available and how we were unusual in insisting on the premium stuff. Funny thing it was only to save a few cents on bar or something.

Well which is it then?
Seriously Chuck,

Billy, what I meant was that there are less good places around.

AND one of the best pies I had this year was the one I ate during the Yanks loss to the Indians this year. ;-)

What if they used premium Whole milk mozzarella?

Depends on which particular cheese. We never did it that way. Also, I know we were paying only pennies more per pound for our preferred cheese but you wind up paying more if that particular distributor of your preferred cheese has a habbit of putting you through the ringer for other supplies.

Boy I'm defensive when it come to pizza.