World Series Champion Angels!

I don't understand this whole congratulations to the Angels and Angel fans will say "Thank You". No offense intown, but my congrats go to the World Series Winning Angels...not their fans. How many hits did you have in the series? I never understood that between fans when the team they cheer for wins. Or better yet, before a big game when a fan goes we need to play tough D tonight.....

As stated in A Bronx Tale..."Do you think Mickey Mantle gives a fuck about your rent?".....Why should any fan include themselves in the congratulatory celebration of a team they never sweated one inning of playing time.

Please don't take this the wrong way Intown...sour grapes I guess...anyway Congrats Angels

Last edited:
"Why should any fan include themselves in the congratulatory celebration of a team they never sweated one inning of playing time."

How about if they made a lot of money by betting on that team (which is the case with me)?

Otherwise, it's a very good question, Ace (and no offense taken). But you should probably pose that query to fans of other teams who have had more things to celebrate about than Angel fans. It seems like many fans (especially Yankee fans) use the success of their team to build up their own ego in the eyes of their friends (by loudly proclaiming that success) or in the eyes of strangers (by wearing clothing with their team's logo). In essence, it's all so silly, especially since being a fan is a matter of choice and not the result of something that a fan has done personally to earn that right to celebrate.

You're right. For the most part, players couldn't care less about their fans. Did you ever hear of a fan who chose to reduce his salary so that the fans wouldn't have to pay so much for a ticket?

The best part of the Angels' win is......

........the mere fact that they've never been in the Series before.

The second best part is (if you watched any of the post game interviews) is that none of the players were polished public speakers and probably just Good Old Boys from MidAmerica (and Latin America) who just love the game (as compared to the mulitmillionaire jet set, pretty boy types).

The sad thing about Championships is that somebody has to loose. I loved the Chicken Dance in San Fran, loved looking at the ballpark with all those boats in the Bay waiting for a homer. I even enjoyed the Rally Monkey (in small doses).

But the best part? When they did the Greatest Moments part to see Pete Rose allowed onto a baseball field --- to hear all of the applause and cheers ---- convinced me that it's time to Let Pete In the Hall.

I think the fans are the team, look at me, without my screaming and yelling at the T.V., the mets never would have won, ahh , well , ahh they didn't win, did they? You make a lot of sense Ace.

Flounder

Sleeps with the (rest of the) fishes
Originally posted by mitchmaxx
I think the fans are the team, look at me, without my screaming and yelling at the T.V., the mets never would have won, ahh , well , ahh they didn't win, did they? You make a lot of sense Ace.
You weren't much help, were you? I just love it when fans watching at home think they are having an impact on the game.

It's not the fault of Uncle Barney forgetting to wear his NY Giants jacket that he's had since 1955 that they lost to the Angels.

Last edited:
Bill, its really strange. I know its all bullshit, but when I watch the Jets, or the Mets I get nuts. If I'm wearing a Jets shirt and they make a bad play, i change it, If they play the Dolphins, I make one of my kids keep their feet on a little Dolphins football I got when I was a kid. I know I'm the butt of a lot of jokes in the family, but I just can't help it. My kids think its hysterical. Anyone else act like this? ( or care to admit it?)

Flounder

Sleeps with the (rest of the) fishes
Originally posted by mitchmaxx
Bill, its really strange. I know its all bullshit, but when I watch the Jets, or the Mets I get nuts. If I'm wearing a Jets shirt and they make a bad play, i change it, If they play the Dolphins, I make one of my kids keep their feet on a little Dolphins football I got when I was a kid. I know I'm the butt of a lot of jokes in the family, but I just can't help it. My kids think its hysterical. Anyone else act like this? ( or care to admit it?)
My friend and his Dad actually believe that they personally have an impact on the game if they are wearing the team jersey.