Work Wi-Fi concerns while surfing UG at your job

Must be safe search on my google or wifi at work. Getting nothing. Any reviews?
Ddin't see any. One of the sites that comes up in the search is a re-poster that always links to reviews on that other known review site when they are available. It states that no review was found. But you can search on that site directly with the phone number here or the alternate phone numbers that come up in searching.
Best wait until you leave work though. And not only to get past safe search. Always a risky proposition searching for whores at work. You never know what kind of tracers the bosses have installed on the network.

Ddin't see any. One of the sites that comes up in the search is a re-poster that always links to reviews on that other known review site when they are available. It states that no review was found. But you can search on that site directly with the phone number here or the alternate phone numbers that come up in searching.
Best wait until you leave work though. And not only to get past safe search. Always a risky proposition searching for whores at work. You never know what kind of tracers the bosses have installed on the network.
True, but it's a public network for the whole facility so think it would be hard to trace to my phone.

I need to research so I can hit on way home. Small window. Ukrainian just texted though...hmmm.

This one does have that nice mild look I like too.

Oh, didn't relieve you were accessing network through your phone rather than through a work computer. Guess you are safe, but I'm not an IT guy.
Would be an interesting aside if any experienced IT members would chime in on the safety of accessing work networks through their phones. Best way to discuss this would be to start a separate thread.

"relieve" should have read "realize"
Guess my brain was combining realize and believe and came up with relieve. Either that of the UG version of Suri autocorrected the word to relieve 'cause it realized we're on a provider board. :D

Oh, didn't relieve you were accessing network through your phone rather than through a work computer. Guess you are safe, but I'm not an IT guy.
Would be an interesting aside if any experienced IT members would chime in on the safety of accessing work networks through their phones. Best way to discuss this would be to start a separate thread.
Don't feel like new thread on this it's simple. Phones have ID tags and a good IT guy would be able to trace who the phone belongs to.

While I'm sure IT could likely trace which phone tag accessed what web sites via the wireless network, I'm not so sure they could definitively ID that phone as yours unless they had previously required all phone owners to register/identify their phones with the employer In other words, they could ID the phone, but they wouldn't know whose it is (the ID they'd come up with is not the tele #, it's more along the lines of an IP address). Unless the company demanded everyone hand over their phone. Which could raise some interesting privacy issues (they sure as hell ain't getting access to my photo album and text history!).

If you're using a work network, your device will contact a DHCP server which assigns IP addresses and has a table that shows the IP lease and the device's MAC address. The administrator would be able to tell the manufacturer of the device from this and if he looked at your device, could match the address.

Will try to keep it simple and stupid. If using your mobile.phone data plan employeer won't know any of your browsing activity. If using company WiFi employer can easily.know your browsing,time spent on what specific websites,etc.

Realized previous post is obnoxious. I am a long winded it guy and often use technical terms and jargon so i was rerring to using non tech terms nor any ones intelligence. No insult meant to any posters or any readers

Besides the obvious conflict in searching UG while at work in the fact that you would be doing so on the company dime, I was wondering if anyone had concerns about being tracked by their employer's network.

So, I am moving a short discussion from another thread awhile ago and anyone who is interested can continue the dialogue here.

Besides the obvious conflict in searching UG while at work in the fact that you would be doing so on the company dime, I was wondering if anyone had concerns about being tracked by their employer's network.

So, I am moving a short discussion from another thread awhile ago and anyone who is interested can continue the dialogue here.
Unless you own the company, you gotta be nuts to search UG at work - or backpage, etc.
Period.

I would guess that over 50% of all UG browsing occurs from work.

I could be off a little, but it might be in the higher direction rather than lower.

I would guess that over 50% of all UG browsing occurs from work.

I could be off a little, but it might be in the higher direction rather than lower.
Sounds like 50% of UG ain't all that bright.
Unless of course a large % of them own the company where they work.

The only way it makes any sense, IMHO, is if the company has a guest log in feature and you use some device not traceable to you to log in, such as a tablet .

If you are using your company computer or company cell phone that is an issue for termination.

If you are using your own mobile device at work, is that an issue?

If you are using your company computer or company cell phone that is an issue for termination.

If you are using your own mobile device at work, is that an issue?
UG is classified as a sexually oriented web site.
Many companies do not look kindly upon those employees who use company resources (wifi supplied by the company is one) to browse sex sites.

I know of at least one company that blocks guest wifi to UG as it said it was a sexually oriented web site.

Call me overly cautious but I think it is a mistake to use a device, e.g., your mobile device, that can be traced back to you, that you uses the resources of the company that provides you with a livelihood, to browse a site classified as a sexually oriented web site.

If you want to do that I recommend a burner device, that you have paid for with cash.

Good point by genius there, pokler. It looks like your paranoia has its limits that include TOFTT but not work wi-fi worries. With all you rants about protecting your livelihood from dismissal due to indiscretions in hunting for hookers in person, how come indiscretions about looking for hooking online don't pose the same threat for you?

pokler

Power Bottom
Good point by genius there, pokler. It looks like your paranoia has its limits that include TOFTT but not work wi-fi worries. With all you rants about protecting your livelihood from dismissal due to indiscretions in hunting for hookers in person, how come indiscretions about looking for hooking online don't pose the same threat for you?
Because I do so on my cell phone and not on wifi but on my Verizon LTE service. Any more questions?

Had you made that clear to begin with, you wouldn't have even had that question. But, yeah, one more question then. How come your concerns about this hobby don't extend to having a burner phone for use in mongering? Or do you just use your iPhone for surfing and a burner phone for calling/texting? Oh, wait, that's two questions. Sorry about that.

My apology if you find the questions annoying, but you opened yourself up to it with all the preaching you do about the stupidity of others. Just trying to get a full picutre on your assessment of "safe sex."