Who's Gonna Get Pinella?

Just heard that Pinellas agent stated the they no longer need to meet with the Mets.

Could it be the 4 year, $14 million Rays offer?

(As a kid, I saw a young Joe Torre play catcher for the Braves the year after the move from Milwaukee. Torre, Felipe Alou, Henry Aaron, Eddie Mathews, Rico Carty...great stuff for a 12y.o....)

torre's a great
dynasty created
in free agency era.

Lost to the monkey-beating 'gels
most likely champeens
so they've got that going for them...
which is nice.

sweet lou will stay in tampa bay
and take the d-ray's all the way?
not likely...
but who's to say?

seaver's one big asshole
mets 'r' better off
fer chrissakes

chambliss or randolph
could not do worse
better for them to be
somewhere other than nyc first

Howe abut dat?

Last edited:
My Yankee Loyalty....

I dunno, but I always felt strange watching Lou in a Mariner's uniform.
Now Chambliss or Randolph in a Mets uniform... oh my!

Originally posted by Ozzy
who said anything bad about baseball (or the yankees). and i don't watch it... haven't watched a single inning of the WS, and the one game i've been to (a yankee playoff game) i went for free and left in the 5th inning (or did you forget).

I have nothing against torre... he's a decent guy and i wish him the best.... but his job requires very little effort compared to other coaches in different sports.
Ozzy you left during the 7th inning, not 5th.

And I could tell you didnt want to go. Either it was because you wanted to watch the game, or you didnt want to leave me..

I am betting it wasnt me.

Re: My Yankee Loyalty....

Originally posted by marc
I dunno, but I always felt strange watching Lou in a Mariner's uniform.
Now Chambliss or Randolph in a Mets uniform... oh my!
Chambliss was a Mets coach this year
Randolph played for the Mets one year in early 90's.

Figures..the guy WANTS to manage the Mets and they STILL can't pull off a deal (see A--Rod).

Mazzilli's not ready yet..rumor is the Yanks are going to re-sign Joe Girardi as #2 catcher and have Joe teach him the ropes. I could have sworn Maz or Randolph would have been next yank manager, but it may be Girardi.

As for my Mets....Seattle is holding out big time and pissing Lou off, but he may not be able to turn down the Tampa job now...

My bet is Randolph.

BS ozzy...

robnotbob, If the yankees get Girardi back I will be one happy bitch.

He is a much better catcher then Jorge. Dont get me wrong, I think Jorge is good. But age and experience is always best. He cant catch everyday.

I actually liked when Jorge use to play 1st. He was pretty good.

Now if only Pudge were available...

Oh! you mean you didn't notice my non-stop bitching about that garbage dump of a stadium? And how a crack head (with a "yankee stadium staff" T shirt) hanging out under the deegan sold me (shook me down for) a parking space for $20 in his private alley next to the market.... And in plain sight of at least a dozen of NY's finest. And speaking of NY's finest (whom I so graciously supported on this board.... Feh!).... that whole crack head fiasco was after I relised the proper thing to do was to tip NY's Finest just before the market (right off the ramp) for the privilege of parking in their private "guarded" lot.

Then after walking thru that crappy tunnel that carries you from "crack land" to the stadiums main entrance... I get into the filthy stadium and hand my ticket to the usher (prepared to tip him $5 for showing us our seats)... but the fucking moron doesn't even show me to my seat.... instead he hands me back the tickets and says "yo sitting right behind Jose Felliciano". So I politely say to him... "where the fuck among these fifty thousand people is Jose Feliciano?". If that's not enough.. the beer was piss warm, the food stand (when you finally find the one place that doesn't sell only hotdogs and fries) had a fucking line of at least 30 people....

On the positive side.. the cracker jack was good, the seats were great, and yankee fans are still a world better than met fans. And telling those firemen you flirted with for half the game, to gang bang you back to their station house after the game was over, was certainly worth the price of admission. I told them that you really had a cop fetish, but that anything in a uniform will do...... basically said that it was their duty to throw a mercy fuck every now and then. It's the least they could do now that being a firemen (since 9/11) is as big a pussy magnet as being a rich celebrity.

Next time George says that he needs a new stadium (and not in the south bronx)... GIVE IT TO HIM!

Originally posted by Ozzy
Oh! you mean you didn't notice my non-stop bitching about that garbage dump of a stadium?

OMG How the hell could I not notice???? My ass was barely in my seat and you started bitchin and moanin. I said to myself, great I have to hear this shit? I just came to see Jeters ass and watch a good game, not hear ozzy bitch and cry like a fuckin girl

And telling those firemen you flirted with for half the game, to gang bang you back to their station house after the game was over, was certainly worth the price of admission. I told them that you really had a cop fetish, but that anything in a uniform will do...... basically said that it was their duty to throw a mercy fuck every now and then. It's the least they could do now that being a firemen (since 9/11) is as big a pussy magnet as being a rich celebrity.
I didnt flirt with the firemen until AFTER you left.

It was the detectives that I asked to gang bang me..and btw I got some phone numbers from that offer.. :D

And no one has to mercy fuck me, so FU

Last edited:
From ESPN news.....

ESPN NEWS

"Apparently, some teams aren't staying as stagnant as Bud Selig would like during the World Series.

Citing an unnamed baseball executive close to the situation, Newsday reported Saturday that the MLB commissioner is mad about how the Mets handled their managerial search and is expected to fine the team $50,000 for the distraction during the Fall Classic.

According to the report, MLB officials are holding the Mets responsible for "leaks" they think came from Alan Nero, the agent for both Lou Piniella and Art Howe. The rumors were the center of attention in New York during the World Series.

MLB believes the Mets could have kept Nero from releasing information to the media, according to the source. Selig also is believed to be considering taking action against the Mariners and Tampa Bay Devil Rays, but the report said he is most upset with the Mets.

As a result of these recent events, the report also stated that the commissioner's office might consider a "new moratorium" on talks or contact of any kind during the World Series."

So what's next.... Fining Dusty Bakers son for taking all the attention away from the ballplayers the last few days?

I guess bud's little experiment in keeping the major market teams out of the world series this year has been a major failure when it comes to the TV ratings.... which are said to be approaching record LOWS this year.

a sure bet is to see the Yankees right back in the October classic next year. At least with the Yankees in the WS the "New York" ratings go thru the roof... (which is all that really matters since NY is the #1 market)

Last edited:
Screw Lou!

I detest the man. I used to be a big fan, and my buddy lived down the road from him in Allendale, NJ when we were teenagers. He was a big jerk to everyone in the area.

I just want him to stay in the American League so I can see him get angry every time my Yankees defeat his team.