Where to invest $

Tomorrow 3/20/20 is a twitching day for options. There is more short interest than calls. Shorts will have to close their positions or expire worthless. This will drive the price at the end of day to shoot up dramatically. Avg Vol is about 220m on $SPY. I expect 350-500m tomorrow.

Buy calls for 3/23/20 sell EOD of 3/20/20 for a quick buck. Potentially buying puts for next week.

You're welcome :)

Thank you. Yea i just spoke to a financial adviser from ms that a friend recommended. He scheduled an interview in a week or 2 depending on circumstances of course.
Whoever you choose for advice, make sure that he or she is a fiduciary. That means they must put your interests FIRST. Otherwise, the standard is that they only need to be sure the investment is suitable; then they can put you in something that makes THEM a lot in commissions first.

Ever wonder who makes money on the down side? Well I believe the investment houses that manage your 401's. There program trading kicks in, all us average Joes take a massive beating and then the partners pick up the pieces at a discount. Why don't all these investment shows show us who is actually selling the stock. I smell a rat. Would love to see the insider sheets for the last month.

Whoever you choose for advice, make sure that he or she is a fiduciary. That means they must put your interests FIRST. Otherwise, the standard is that they only need to be sure the investment is suitable; then they can put you in something that makes THEM a lot in commissions first.
So that way you can sue them with all the money you have left over?

Tomorrow 3/20/20 is a twitching day for options. There is more short interest than calls. Shorts will have to close their positions or expire worthless. This will drive the price at the end of day to shoot up dramatically. Avg Vol is about 220m on $SPY. I expect 350-500m tomorrow.

Buy calls for 3/23/20 sell EOD of 3/20/20 for a quick buck. Potentially buying puts for next week.

You're welcome :)

Good point, short sellers were driving the bus trying to drive everything low and then buy it at a bargain . Short selling should be disallowed especially margin short sellers.

If Trump wants to help out everyone he should consider eliminating the maximum 3,000 carryover loss limit. Wouldn't it be nice to recapture your losses to the extent you paid taxes rather than just holding us down to the 3,000 cap. I am sure that would be a huge campaign point!!!

Good point, short sellers were driving the bus trying to drive everything low and then buy it at a bargain . Short selling should be disallowed especially margin short sellers.
I have been buying puts the past two weeks but today I am bullish then changing to bearish at EOD. Short selling in 2008 didn't work it kept going down even after ban. I made more than 1000%+ on puts. I am taking a risk for calls today to sell EOD. But, based on the 1.5Tr-1.9Tr puts that expire today that's a SIGNIFICANT amount of money that needs to be exercised TODAY.

Well wolves of Wall Street how did today treat you?
I got wrecked buying calls today. I was up $2400 this week then did calls for $1400 (expiration on 3/23) most likely a full loss but that's OK. Buying contracts for a month on puts. I tried to be bullish but no volume EOD as I though I predicted.

Not sure where to post this thread or find out information on this subject. We all know the economy is about to be at its worst any day now but a few people have told me now is the time to invest some extra money into some funds because once we get thru this coronavirus impact the economy will bounce back stronger then ever. Only thing is i admit i have no clue where and with who should i invest with but i imagine there are some dudes here in the stock or finance business that have some advice.
If you don't know much about investing I would stick to safe long term investments and not try to make quick money. I've been investing in Valley National Bank for about 15 years. It usually moves between 9 and 12 dollars but pays around a 4 percent dividend. You're not going to make millions but it's a good place to start. It weathered the 2009 crisis well and it's a conservative investment.
But like others are saying here never invest more than you could tolerate losing, even the safest investments have risk. Don't take advice from strangers in chat rooms without doing your own research. And try not to act out of fear or emotion, if you have a bunch of money in the market and something like this pandemic happens just sit tight and wait for it to bounce back. And if it doesn't bounce back we're all fucked anyway.

If you don't know much about investing I would stick to safe long term investments and not try to make quick money. I've been investing in Valley National Bank for about 15 years. It usually moves between 9 and 12 dollars but pays around a 4 percent dividend. You're not going to make millions but it's a good place to start. It weathered the 2009 crisis well and it's a conservative investment.
But like others are saying here never invest more than you could tolerate losing, even the safest investments have risk. Don't take advice from strangers in chat rooms without doing your own research. And try not to act out of fear or emotion, if you have a bunch of money in the market and something like this pandemic happens just sit tight and wait for it to bounce back. And if it doesn't bounce back we're all fucked anyway.
agree wholeheartedly—
While I have quite a bit more investing experience then most, I have always taken the attitude of letting a 3rd party fiduciary handle my portfolio.. Emotions and lack of discipline ( day trading, for example) can contribute to making short term trades that can be very costly..

One should never leave themselves without a cushion of cash to carry them for a sustainable period of time —

The volatility and moves we have seen over the past few weeks are unprecedented and quite frankly I believe there is going to be more pain.
There are a lot of Fortune 500 companies and above out there who are going to have significant liquidity needs going forward which will further affect their stock and bond pricing

agree wholeheartedly—
While I have quite a bit more investing experience then most, I have always taken the attitude of letting a 3rd party fiduciary handle my portfolio.. Emotions and lack of discipline ( day trading, for example) can contribute to making short term trades that can be very costly..

One should never leave themselves without a cushion of cash to carry them for a sustainable period of time —

The volatility and moves we have seen over the past few weeks are unprecedented and quite frankly I believe there is going to be more pain.
There are a lot of Fortune 500 companies and above out there who are going to have significant liquidity needs going forward which will further affect their stock and bond pricing
FYI - Many of these carry significant cash balances and have numerous liquidity Lines of Credit in place. Lets all get in the real world please, these are not mom and pop shops with Quickbooks LMAO

FYI - Many of these carry significant cash balances and have numerous liquidity Lines of Credit in place. Lets all get in the real world please, these are not mom and pop shops with Quickbooks LMAO
Yes they do— A few have already tapped into their lines of credit— without referring to any specific company, the ones that are rated below investment grade could face the possibility of further downgrade and the companies that were teetering in the junk bond category could face liquidity issues plus significantly higher costs to raise capital, if needed

Yes they do— A few have already tapped into their lines of credit— without referring to any specific company, the ones that are rated below investment grade could face the possibility of further downgrade and the companies that were teetering in the junk bond category could face liquidity issues plus significantly higher costs to raise capital, if needed
Agreed, will just have to hock their assets if they have not already done so.
There are also a lot of hard money lenders out there chomping at the bit

Great advice from everyone. Does anyone have any intel on Vanguard? Their annual cost is relatively cheap at .30 % with a 50k minimum. Thanks
Yes, Vanguard is one of the largest brokerage firms and has a stellar reputation- I only suggested Fidelity because I used them for quite some time and I also found their website well laid out with plenty of information-
Fidelity has investment centers in NY and Nassau/Suffolk. I do not believe Vanguard has the same.