Where is Central Jersey...

Ok, I know I'm going to get flamed for this question, so here goes

Where or what counties is Central Jersey located. When I look as some of the ads/sites listed here, they mention they are in located Central Jersey. I live in Manhattan, so for me, I really don't go towards New Jersey, unless I'm going to Newark Airport (No offense to the people who live in Jersey)

Some of them define C.J. as being near the Meadowlands, sometimes, I think it's near Woodbridge or Edison.

So where exactly is Central Jersey?

I did ask on of the agencies, via an *****, but they never responded.

Please be kind. I know it's sort of a silly question.

Ok, I know I'm going to get flamed for this question, so here goes

Where or what counties is Central Jersey located. When I look as some of the ads/sites listed here, they mention they are in located Central Jersey. I live in Manhattan, so for me, I really don't go towards New Jersey, unless I'm going to Newark Airport (No offense to the people who live in Jersey)

Some of them define C.J. as being near the Meadowlands, sometimes, I think it's near Woodbridge or Edison.

So where exactly is Central Jersey?

I did ask on of the agencies, via an *****, but they never responded.

Please be kind. I know it's sort of a silly question.
central jersey.. lets see

from middlesex county to monmouth county or so... across to mercer county.. or so....

woodbridge n edison is mddlesex county..

newark airport is not central NJ...thats more northern NJ...

hope that helps...

Last edited:
The meadowlands is most definitely not central NJ. Anyone who claims otherwise is ignorant or gerrymandering.

I'd call Woodbridge and Edison the Northern part of CJ. I don't know the county names that far down so I'd have to look at a map to get more specific.

Not a bad question. Dave and Clicker pretty much nail it. Pretty much the counties of Middlesex, Monmouth and Mercer cut across the center of the state from the Delaware River to the Atlantic. Look at a map. I would consider Rt 287 (Woodbridge, Edison, Piscataway) to be the north border of CJ and go south until you get to 195. Everything btween is CJ. Not a perfect geographic boundry but close.

Last edited:
Thanks to Dave, Clicker and PaulBunyon for their inputs

The reason why I asked is that I might be in Jersey the next couple of weeks and wanted to know how far I'd have to travel if I was going to see someone. They are sort of secretive of their location just said central jersey. Jersey is really a big state. Its not like Manhattan, where you can get around easier.

:)

Once, I met a woman from Westchester and she got offended when I told her she lived upstate. With "upstate" she meant Schenectady or places "up there".

Also the Chinese got offended when for the fist time they saw the European maps. China was to the East and Europe was in the center of the map.

Where you are it is usually relative. (Not necessarily related to our friend's question in this thread. Just my effort to look smart in the board.)

Last edited:
I have always believed that anything north of the Driscoll Bridge is North Jersey, and anything south of it is South Jersey. For me Central Jersey would be the Middlesex/Monmouth County Area.

The cutoff between Central and North Jersey is Colonia/Rahway. Colonia (Central) is in Middlesex County and Rahway (North) is Union County. Some scholastic organization that assigns each high school to a geographic region had those 2 towns in those aligned that way. It may have changed over the years, but as a former resident of Colonia, that's the way I remember it.

The chauvinist North Jerseyeans think that Somerset and Hunterdon counties are Central Jersey and the anything south is South Jersey. The geographical center is actually in Ocean county, not far from Trenton, which is in Mercer county.

Last edited:
Just South of New Brunswick

The center of population for New Jersey is located in Middlesex County, in the town of Milltown, just east of the New Jersey Turnpike and South of Route 1.