What's your favorite baseball play

Mine is the unassisted throw to the plate from the outfield to nail a runner trying to score. You don't see them much any more ......... Outfielders used to have great arms.... What happened?

If not the squeeze bunt... then the brush back pitch. It's one of the few plays that lingers on when the other team takes the field.

last year's subway series game when Randy Johnson was pitching at Shea and Dae Sung Koo, a relief pitcher for the Mets who never bats hit a double into center of the Big Duffus. That was the most unlikely play of the year and maybe ever that I have seen. Then, to top it off, he scores on a single from second base and does a head first slide at home around the tag of Posada!!! I thought the stadium was going to fall down that day.

BTW, I will be at Shea tonight hoping for another Randy Johnson moment. Let's Go Mets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My favorite play in baseball is when the batter smokes a hard liner back to the mound, chest high, and we get to watch the pitcher try to duck, dance and jump out of the way like a spastic retard. If the ball hits the pitcher and bounces off, then its fun to watch him grope for the ball so he can throw it to first to try to get the out.
If the ball should hit the pitcher in the nuts, well that's a real thigh-slapper.

Last edited:
3rd Basemen snaring line drives

I have to agree with Bigd18 about this one.

I remember one of the World Series games back in '78 (I think..?) when Graig Nettles basically saved Ron Guidry's ass at least 3 times. Anyone else remember any more of the specifics? Nettles sure put on one helluva defensive showcase that game. It was thrilling to watch.

daengman said:
My favorite play in baseball is when the batter smokes a hard liner back to the mound, chest high, and we get to watch the pitcher try to duck, dance and jump out of the way like a spastic retard. If the ball hits the pitcher and bounces off, then its fun to watch him grope for the ball so he can throw it to first to try to get the out.
If the ball should hit the pitcher in the nuts, well that's a real thigh-slapper.
LMAO! Basebal's such a great sport to watch because there are so many exciting plays-ITP home runs, triples, how 'bout batter bunting and runner dashing home from third (squeeze play), double steals, hit and run, ANY play at the plate, catchers gunning down lead-offs at first, all grand-slams, especially a late inning pinch hit, the whole array of defensive gems, nail-biting pitchers' battles, a journeyman player stretching an obvious single into a double-whether he's thrown out or not...all part of the reason spring is even sweeter than it has to be...

Last edited:
Graig Nettles was very good at that Mr User Name, But I have to agree with you Brooks was the man in his day.

I just thought of another one:

Even though he is a dick, Any time Pete Rose was running the bases, He earned that Name " Charlie Hustle"