What system...

...replays home videos of you didling your favorite provider with the most satisfying clarity? What amplifier/speaker system combo yields the most realistic rendition of her moans and groans? What video recording device best captures moments of hobbying rapture? And what computer video editing system is the hobbyists best friend? (Just trying to stay on topic, boys.)

I've used the smallest light camcorder I can afford. Firewire/ieee1394 and some capture software let's me create dvds. Unfortunately, you need ample lighting with digital camcorders or go with the grainy green 0 lux nightshot.

BTW, make sure you keep track of all pics or vids you created and make sure your face and any distiguishing features are edited out. You never know when you might get the urge to run for Congress or something...

Oh, the camcorder I currently use for hobbying is the Sony HC30. It was light and cheap. I don't do the tripod thing. If you want to go that route there are pan/tilt/zoom tripod heads available. There are far better camcorders now with much better resolution.

The software is Canopus Edius 3 with the DVStorm. Adobe Premiere is pretty good. Extreem used a Sony VX2100(?) to shoot. Extreem and Southern Comfort used Pinnacle on a PC I built for SC (and wasn't paid for), for their editing.

Playback is just a normal DVD player or my PC.