What (or who) is considered a troll?

I see a lot of the moderators talking about "trolls" in some posts. In terms of this site, how do you define a "troll?"

I just don't want to be one, and don't want to get banned by breaking the rules,,,,,,,seems to be a lot of rules on here.

But nevertheless great site.

wolf5958

lil Fuzzybear
I see a lot of the moderators talking about "trolls" in some posts. In terms of this site, how do you define a "troll?"

I just don't want to be one, and don't want to get banned by breaking the rules,,,,,,,seems to be a lot of rules on here.

But nevertheless great site.
A troll is someone who doesn't post and just lurks and than pops up and makes a comment without thinking is rude and has nothing to back up their post. Usually about a subject that they had no business commenting about in the first place.

Yes ther are a lot of rules but they are in place to keep this board at a high quailty. This board has been around for over 8 years and there is a ton of good info great stories and one could learn much about any topic here and not just the hobby.

Our members for the most part are the best. They share and watch out for each other. Trolls do not contribute they do nothing but cause trouble. The bottom line is you do not want to be a troll...

Waterclone

Go ahead. Try me.
A troll is someone who doesn't post and just lurks and than pops up and makes a comment without thinking is rude and has nothing to back up their post. Usually about a subject that they had no business commenting about in the first place.
I wouldn't say that is exactly right. A troll isn't someone who posts without thinking. It is someone who purposely posts something rude with the express purpose of pissing people off.

An example would be someone who goes to a star trek forum and starts posting about how much the show sucks. It's like a cyber bully who gets his kicks from getting a rise out of someone.

An example would be someone who goes to a star trek forum and starts posting about how much the show sucks. It's like a cyber bully who gets his kicks from getting a rise out of someone.
I used to get my kicks like that when Prodigy chat was around, but have repented, and changed my ways.