What I took away from the Super Bowl Half Time Show

Those two shouldn't even be on the same page. Freddie is probably the most talented all around performer in the rock era.... period. Lennon and McCartney weren't half the entertainers he was and the song writing was on an equal level though L&M were a little more prolific.

Beyonces doesn't even write her own music. She can't dance, all she does is pose. The fact she doesn't use auto tune is about the only credit I give her since everyone else these days uses it. She shakes her ass and managed to deny dating Jay Z for almost a decade... that's her talent.

Those two shouldn't even be on the same page. Freddie is probably the most talented all around performer in the rock era.... period. Lennon and McCartney weren't half the entertainers he was and the song writing was on an equal level though L&M were a little more prolific.

Lennon and McCartney were A LITTLE more prolific? That could be the understatement of the decade.

You need to do some homework on Freddie Mercury.

Considering he wrote most of Queens material and charted about half the amount of hits as the combined Lennon and McCartney in an era with tons more competition.... It's not that much an understatement. I won't even delve into the fact most of the Beatles early work prior to Rubber Soul/Revolver was "boy band-like" and inferior to anything Mercury wrote.

Look... I'm not taking away anything the Beatles did. If there's a Mt Rushmore of rock the Beatles sit alone. But on the level below are Freddie Mercury, Roger Waters, Pete Townshend, Jagger/Richards, Page/Plant, Hendrix etc...

Last edited:
Look... I'm not taking away anything the Beatles did. If there's a Mt Rushmore of rock the Beatles sit alone. But on the level below are Freddie Mercury, Roger Waters, Pete Townshend, Jagger/Richards, Page/Plant, Hendrix etc...
I agree completly (nice to see Roger getting some love)!

Actually I shouldn't even put Jagger/Richards or Page/Plant there cause they did little innovating. Especially when the latter stole most of their early work from the Delta blues artists.