What effect do WE really have ?

The discussion on "Gia" travelling up here to North New Jerseyand the subsequent revelations that she is pretty much bored with what she's doing and give a rather uninspired performance makes me wonder what effect we really have here on UG (or TBD or JAG, etc.)

While the ladies get some notice around Interenet boards like UG and therefore some "publicity" that they otherwise might not get, sometimes one or more of our members sees the girl and says anything from she's GREAT to she's AWFUL.

I wonder how much that plays out vis-a-vis her schedule and the success (or lack thereof) of her trip.

While I'm sure many ladies pre-book virtually their entire trip, some probably only get 25-50 % of their available time booked and hope for more inquiries while they're actually here.

So I guess i wonder what effect our reviews and/or recommendations have on their bookings. Hell, even if the lady is 100% pre-booked I'm betting there is a cancellation factor that rises or lowers based at least somewhat on our reviews, but anybody have any idea what the impact actually is ?

Forget about ladies who require deposits and are 100% pre-booked as she is unlikely to have too many cancellations regardless of what we say.

Also, how much credence do you give to a particular member's reviews ? For example if member A sees a provider and says she was "GREAT", I may try to book her immediately. If member B sees a lady and says she was "GREAT" I might run the other way.

Hiya Littleguy. You know I can't resist these analytical/philosophical/ controversial discussions :)

What thread were you referring to? I did a key word search for Gia and found a few mentions but not the discussion you mentioned.

Short term, some effect.
Long term, not much at all.

As to reviews I take them all and average them. Just looking for general patterns. I look for what I am interested in and if the negative comments are on an area I don't care about, fine. So if I see 2-3 reviews that are reasonable, I go for it.

Initially, I took reviews as gospel but found that even the most respected/unbiased (as far as I could tell) were off by my perception. I know that you need to zero-in an adjustment factor, but just as I have known personal friends for years I still have a hard time defining what they consider good-looking is only passable to me.

You may always get good sessions by following your method, but you must admit that you wouldn't have met a Philly lass if you weren't willing to give it a shot.

MrNY

Subject to blackouts
yeah, like the ladies aren't on JAg.....

by the way, i have been notified that i am offically no longer a jag member - i evidently let my memebership (whatever that was) lapse...

oh, phooey :(

i hope i survive ;)

Actually, whether the ladies were there or not, i don't care. Frankly, I enjoy coming here and hearing from the ladies (well, 99.9% of them)...

But, I gotta tell ya (since i'm babbling), only the ladies (and guys) who don't cause trouble - if you want to cause shit - please take it over to jag and/or tbd.....

thanks, APM/SB (& Allen) for setting this up !

This is the Direct result of being Un naughty, down on my knees...for 6 DAYS now... I can't even type!

I can't take it anymore~~~~

I am Possessed!!!!

<<<<<<m o a n s>>>>>>

[Edited by candie on 08-12-2001 at 07:52 PM]

Originally posted by candie
I am Possessed!!!!
Is your head spinning 360 degrees?

Are you speaking in tongues?

Ae you levitating off the bed?

Are you spitting up pea soup?

A yes answer to any two of the above questions means an exorcism just might have to performed.

Anybody willing to exorcise the demons that inhabit the body of Candie?

Littleguy - Thanks for sharing. :)

It's a good sign that you're getting your boards mixed up. That means you're relaxed and at ease with yourself where ever you are :)

With regard to the Gia matter....I cannot help comparing this to the way I feel when something touchy and urgent is going down at work and some lazy assed s.o.b. who does not feel like working for whatever reason puts the entire project, which I broke my ass for months on, in jepoardy by refusing to move and do their part when it is crucial to employ speed and precision. (sorry for my language but for some reason I must be going through an anal period or something - I keep using that *a* word! :)

On the one hand I can understand how the underachiever in question feels because people aren't machines and sometimes you just do not feel like doing your duty - it doesn't mean you don't like your job - just that for whatever related or unrelated reason you have a giant attitude problem at the moment and maybe there is a good reason. But since taking someone else's money is involved, no matter how good the reason it is a moot point - it can never be a good enough reason - that is the bottom line - cross purposes are at work and the squeaky wheel wins.

But then on the other hand I know that I personally do not accept that lazy-ass-on-an-impulse behavior from myself and when someone who has done right by me depends upon me or when I have a lot of future career weight riding on my energy level I damned well make sure I lively up myself and no slouching on the job allowed - so in a perfect world, everyone - not only sex workers - would take a vacation day when they have an attitude problem and reschedule so as not to disappoint, upset, or generally annoy other people who have a right to expect at least some cooperation, support and professional levity - but life don't work that way you know. At least that is what I am finding - that when it comes to work - Murphy's law applies more often than not. Add to that the concept (which I think Mr. who-know-who put forth very well once back on that other board - though it could have been someone else - I can't check - sorry - But I am almost 100% sure it was Mr. You-know-who's impeccable insight so I want to be sure I credit him for the perceptive concept ); that one woman's livlihood is another man's pleasure - and never the twain shall meet; if she ain't in the mood or if he needs to see her enjoying her work - that can't be the case all the time.

It's like that old expression, "When the going gets tough the tough get going", always liked that expression - wish it was easier to live by.

Oh well Littleguy...guess I ruined your thread - sorry...I should remember to keep it short and to the point - a lesson I obtained by hanging out in the locker room with the guys :)

I seem to be returning to my usual wordy self

Hey Candide

I agree with you to a point. I agree that if a provider feels she wont be at her best she should stay home.
A good analogy is a Broadway show. These actors, dancers, singers are professional. When they go on the stage their personal lives are forgotten and they perform like professionals. The audience has paid as much as $100. per seat to see their show. In the case of a provider the example is the same. Just my .02

Hotpuppy

Mr.Butterworth
TnS,
Dont agree with this analogy. A stage performer will perform everynight, however even they would agree that they have good nights, not so good nights and bad nights. An audience seeing that show on a particular night would have no way of knowing about the relative quality of that performance. Their experience then becomes totally subjective. Unless you are one of those people that see a show multiple times, you wouldnt be able to compare. From my experience, there is a certain defunct rock band that I saw nearly 200 times over 30 years- this is a unique perspective for judging quality and although many disagreed with me, when they stunk, they stunk.

"When the going gets tough, the weird turn pro" - Hunter Thompson

take care HP

justme

homo economicus
Everyone has a bad day every now and then. If I have a bad enough day that a customer notices it, however, I do everything I can to make it up to that customer. Have you guys seen studies of average cost to add marginal business in different industries? Far better to keep your existing customers.

Mr NY,

You can bash JAG all you want, and God knows, there's not a whole lot going on there nowadays (although it has been picking up a little lately (since JB's back), but IMO the "flame wars" were relatively few and far between.

The guys, in general, were far more tolerant of another's point of view that ANY other board that I've seen (although I confess I've only really seen 3) and tended to call a spade a spade. There's something refreshing about that. And because the ladies were not (supposed to be) present, everybody spoke their mind and there was no ass-kissing going on because it was not necessary.