What are we drinking?

James Bond drank martini's

And here's the best recipe for a dry martini....

Pour your vermouth into a shaker with ice... shake it up so the cubes get coated with the vermouth and then pour out all the vermouth and add the gin to the shaker. Shake again and strain the gin into a glass. Perfect "dry" martini.

Or you could make it the way JL probably likes it.... pour some gin in a glass and put the vermouth bottle on the side to look at.

It's called an "in and out" Martini. Your pour the vermouth "in" the shaker and then you pour it "out".

....and a variation on your JL recipe, pour the gin over ice and say "Vermouth!" over the glass.

Wild Turkey makes a liquor called "American Honey" thats a bourbon/honey mixture. Kind of similar to Drambuie in taste, color and smothness. Mix that 1/3 with 2/3's any good bourbon or Johnny Walker (just a splash). On the rocks or like I like it... slightly chilled and strained.

I stand corrected

How can you possibly say a Manhattan isn't "gender-appropriate"? I think that's like the most masculine drink I can imagine.
Sorry - I wasn't thinking Manhattan. I was thinking of drinks of the sweet, colorful variety whose only relationship to a real drink is the suffix "tini".

I once went to a bar with a male friend from work and nearly choked when he ordered an apple-tini. I'm pretty sure that he's straight too.

New to the UG...figured I would put my few cents in.... I prefer Long Island Ice Teas when lounging and my beer at the bar is either Hefferweissen/ Harp....But my brother is a distr. for JD and every birthday and christmas I get a nice case...so I do drink my Jack and cokes at home to relieve stress...

Most often, since I've never had any luck mixing it up, just get a bead on what I'll be eating and start right in on the suitable bottle of wine-then take it into the table for the meal itself. But once in a while, Campari is my perfect aperitif of choice.

Sorry - I wasn't thinking Manhattan. I was thinking of drinks of the sweet, colorful variety whose only relationship to a real drink is the suffix "tini".

I once went to a bar with a male friend from work and nearly choked when he ordered an apple-tini. I'm pretty sure that he's straight too.

The only thing that makes those drinks a martini is the glass.

A Corona with a Lime (I don't really drink).
The 'original' reason why limes are stuffed in the neck of Mexican beer bottles is to keep the flys out. Now it's for the flavor.

Once saw a girl at a bar order a beer and a small side of olive juice. She drank a few sips then poured the olive juice in the bottle. I was intrigued and she let me taste it.....it was damn good.

My drink of choice.....Imperia Vodka Martini, bone dry, vigorously shaken so it leaves crystals of ice on the surface, poured over big fat garlic stuffed olives.

I can't stand when bartenders rush a martini. Let the glass chill, make sure the drink is cold, then pour it. I have no tolerance for poor bartending since I bartended in my early days.

Watching her? HAHA!

We were throwing back shots all nite. I pushed the shots, she pushed the mixers. We were alcohol pushers that night............

Come on take one more, you know you want it...Come on.. it will make you feel so goooood!

Last edited:
My kind of woman...

...once upon a time I visited a provider who had an open bottle of Pio Cesare Barolo on the kitchen table - she said she had had a glass with lunch. Natalieligirl, let's wine our way through northern Itlaly for a couple of weeks!

...once upon a time I visited a provider who had an open bottle of Pio Cesare Barolo on the kitchen table - she said she had had a glass with lunch. Natalieligirl, let's wine our way through northern Itlaly for a couple of weeks!
Sounds good, it's hard for me to find men who will wine with me.

xoxoNatalie