Well???????

It was confusing at first.
"What's with the changes", was my first reaction.
That said, I got used quickly to the new layout and now the changes make sense to me. I think the geographic areas are better organized and so are the forums.

It shouldn't be easy to decide on the position of the Advertising section. It could go on the top, under the Start Here but above General Topics, or where it is now. Maybe the top was excluded because there's the banner anyway and it is better for the newcomers to stumble at the First Here rather than at the Ads.

I have never understood The List forum, but there must be some reason why it still exists there in the UG Diversions section.

I think it is well done, personally I like having the spa section displayed on the main page instead of the just being Northeast but the new ones makes more sense for the massed.

Now that I read Emily's post I was reminded that yes, CL does get some kind of a special treatment in the new layout. Although, unlike the SPAs it can go beyond the tristate area making it hard to shove it in the geographic section.
I wonder whether the SPAs deserve a more independent position, just like the Cheap Thrills and the Stripclubs.

I am a "new posts" kind of man too, but then you have to go and find older post, either for reference or to add new info.

I wonder whether the search engine could be modified so we can search within a certain time segment.