Watching your things

Can't speak for the other places, but NEVER had a problem with AMPS. TS places are becoming rare on LI, but I don't think AMPS want the heat that a thief would bring. Since they open and close quickly in some cases, I would think they wouldn't want to spend the extra money to set up a TS area only to have to move due to a thief.
Have not been to that many in NYC, but never had a problem there either. One place in Manhattan gave me a plastic case to put my valuables in and take the case into the TS.

Can't speak for the other places, but NEVER had a problem with AMPS. TS places are becoming rare on LI, but I don't think AMPS want the heat that a thief would bring. Since they open and close quickly in some cases, I would think they wouldn't want to spend the extra money to set up a TS area only to have to move due to a thief.
Have not been to that many in NYC, but never had a problem there either. One place in Manhattan gave me a plastic case to put my valuables in and take the case into the TS.
In 30+ years of visiting AMPs I have never felt the slightest need to lock up my stuff. Other than the ridiculous massage w/o license and prostitution laws, these girls do not and in any way see themselves as criminals but as honest (not joking) business people or as workers, offering a service for pay.

That said, I leave everything except my cell, ID and money (except for enough spending money to buy the services I want) locked in my car. They may be honest but doesn't mean there aren't dirt bag customers, who happen to be in the place, that aren't.

As far as SW's my attitude is that anything that isn't nailed down is subject to being stolen.

That has been my experience as well. Many times I am drunk and fall asleep and they could have stole what they wanted... Never happened! once I was in a place on Union St a few stores just north of Northern. Two Chinese chicks worked on me massage only as I recall. I fell asleep and they left and I vaguely remember them telling ME to lock up! Can't make this shit up.... I guess I looked respectable... My wife gave me hell when I Walked in at 7AM just in time to take my kid to school.

I have only had one experience that was troubling.
I went to a spa many years ago, and after coming back from the shower room I thought my pants that had my wallet looked like they had been moved, but before leaving I checked and nothing was missing.
A couple of days later I had some credit card charges on line, and I cancelled my card, which was still in my wallet.
Coincidence? Maybe, but since that time I always take my wallet with me to the shower room, and don't leave my wallet alone in a room where I am not.
If the girl looks at me as if to ask why am I doing this, which is rare, I explain that I had a bad experience a long time ago and I don't want there to be any misunderstandings.

I have only had one experience that was troubling.
I went to a spa many years ago, and after coming back from the shower room I thought my pants that had my wallet looked like they had been moved, but before leaving I checked and nothing was missing.
A couple of days later I had some credit card charges on line, and I cancelled my card, which was still in my wallet.
Coincidence? Maybe, but since that time I always take my wallet with me to the shower room, and don't leave my wallet alone in a room where I am not.
I realize this is harder to do in the city, but I only bring ID, a car key w/o the fob and the money I intend to spend whenever I, hypothetically speaking of course, think of doing anything that could be problematic if I were to, ahem, misplace any of the stuff.

Pretty much don't bring too much into the room with you outside of your keys, rubbers, and maybe a extra 20 just in case.
Bring your ID with you. If you don't and there is a bust LE will be happy to keep you safe and secure until they find some way to ID you.