V for Vendetta

I saw this movie last night and I have to say it one one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. If you have a chance to see a movie in the upcoming weeks.....make it this one...

I agree. Besides the good story and good acting(goes to show George Lucas is an ass) Natalie Portman getting hysterical as her head was getting shaved gave me a woody. She was also hot in Closer.

Seems to me...

A lot of people I know that saw the movie have mixed feeling about it. People say it was anti-america, I really didn't see that but too each his own.

I thought it was a great movie and loved the ending. I was enthralled with Natalie Portman's lips as I have been with those of Angelina Jolie and the lips of Scarlet Johansson as she appeared in MATCH POINT.

What a piece of political drivel. The guys who made this must love M. Moore....

Correct tag lines for this flick .......

And a Terrorist shall lead them !!!

or

Finally, those damn conservatives get what they deserve !!!

or

Lesbians good ... religious people baaaad

or

George Bush sucks or couldn't you tell that was what this piece of cinema propoganda was actually saying.....

I will say the film was well made, but there were 15 people in the cinema and a much worse made film, The Narnia Chronicles, packed em in for months (because it is much closer to what non-New Yorkers think and feel). Common folks just don't want these kinds of leftie "message films" stuffed down their throats any more......

hmmm......

Last time I checked, M. Moore wasn't doing a whole lot of fiction movies based on comic books. I just didn't see the whole propaganda thing. The point was that the british government was using propaganda (the civil war in america) to keep the british people in fear. I could go on and on....but..it's a fucking fiction movie based on a comic. You either like it or you don't.

At least 20% of the reviewers of this film (go to rotten tomatoes review site) see the "message" I'm referrring to. Here's just one. Clearly, it's not the writer who created the "spin."

http://charlotte.creativeloafing.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid:18030

One irate citizen's Margaret Thatcher is another's George W. Bush, which might explain why writer Alan Moore has distanced himself from V For Vendetta, the big-screen adaptation of his influential graphic novel.

Penned in 1989, Moore meant for his work to be taken as an indictment of Thatcher's conservative platform in England. The screen version, filtered through the sensibilities of Hollywood players such as the debuting director James McTeigue, producer Joel Silver and the writing-producing team of the Wachowski Brothers (all of whom were involved in making the Matrix trilogy), has been upgraded for a new chapter in world history. The Great Britain of the 1980s remains, but it's now forced to share space with the United States of the 2000s.

misterxyz. Man, Johansson is the hottest youn actress in the biz- sorry to the Alba lovers. I'm not a big fan of Woddy Allen movies, but I liked Matchpoint alot. I would have been that dude if I was in the same position. Money over hot ass everytime. Anyway back to topic, I think the movie is against the current govt in this country but it doesn't take away that it was a good and different movie than the commercial and formulaic crap that hollywood currently churns out. Thank you for not smoking is also a good movie.

Recent Best Movie

OK Ill put it here. Best recent movie has to be DERAILED on DVD now, Blockbuster. Must see movie for all you married mongers. WOW you want intense, this is it.

Cloud Nine

I had to open my big mouth.......
Alan Moore is considered the best writer in comics. He wants nothing to do with the movie not because of political reasons but because they keep fucking up his stuff and wants his name disassociated with crap like Constantine and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

I'll wait for the Dvd for this one and reserve judgement til then.