Urban myth or true?

You can fail from consumption of larger then average amounts of poppy seeds [three heavily seeded kaisers is how I heard it discribed by one expert].

Also high on the list are certain over the counter cold medications that could make you test positive for cocaine.

Being in a poorly vented room, or another closed area, where people are smoking pot can cause you to test postitive for mj due to the inhalation of second hand smoke.

It basically all depends on what limits the testers have placed on the tests to determine a "positive" result.

Lower numbers for positive hits result in greater false positives.

Last edited:

justme

homo economicus
Right... so if they give you a hair test...

(Not that cutting it helps, I believe that the THC stays in the follicle or something. I don't remember, it's been a while since I've had to worry about that.)

pswope

One out of three
Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove

Thanks jm. I've already thought of that, but the problem is that my hair is just long enough to include hair from before Labor Day.
So shave your head. maybe you'll look like Lou Gosset Jr and get laid.

ps- One of the sistas told me she took something called Flushout b4 taking a urine based drug test and she passed. Available at GNC.

jl
hate to break it to you,but we used to buy nickel bags from your mom at the Waldbaums in Wantaugh

it's true. over the years, i've tested a number of poppy seed samples (it's part of my business) for the presence of opium. and as for the results, the phrase YMMV applies. generally, the samples are brought in by individuals that have failed a drug test and want to use the "poppy seed excuse". most are fairly desperate and are willing to pay well for the analysis (more money to hobby). not all samples test positive. one client brought 5 seperate samples. he kept trying until he found one that tested high enough to justify his claim. keep in mind, that if one wants to make this claim, he should be prepared to allow the other side to do their own tests (doesn't always happen but sometimes it does). i have also tested the raw poppy seeds for various importers for the presence of opiates and again the results are YMMV.

I have also done testing for the "Peruvian Herbal Tea excuse".
There is a (or perhaps several) herbal tea available in Peru that incorporates a certain amount of cocoa leaf. this product tests positive for cocaine and individuals with a positive cocaine metabolites test will use the excuse that they consumed this tea prior to the test. up until a few years ago, this tea could be occasionally found in this country but its importation has been since been banned by the FDA/DEA. now individuals have to use an explanation that their aunt/friend/ect. gave it to them as a gift which they acquired while traveling.

re: ruglach . . .

where to get the good stuff. my source has dried up. (please let it be in manhattan; i couldn't bear another schlep to bklyn.)

hamantashen i can make,
but ruglach is too much work for a working girl,
hvb