UG does have a spell check now, right?

billyS

Reign of Terror
As one of the worst spellers on UG I was delighted when the newest version vBulletin added the built in spell check. Or did it? Is it a function of vBulletin or is it since I've switched from IE to Firefox that I have been getting the red underline alerting me to a misspelled word, that at which point I can right click on the underlined word and get a list of choices?
I ask because I read a discussion where spell checking was involved and it led me to believe that not everyone is either seeing it or knows what it is.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Thanks guys for the response!
Okay so that answers my question, it is Firefox giving me the spell check not UG. It must be automatic on Firefox portable because I didn't have to set anything to get it.
Now if it would give me paragraph breaks............................

Google Toolbar? On my browser, it's nothing more than a search field. And looking at the Google Toolbar web page, I don't see any special text editing tools. How is this better than Firefox spell check?
Franca, either you don't have the toolbar installed or you haven't got it set up right.

Use your own link and go back to the Google Toolbar page. See the example of the toolbar at the top of the page. The "ABC" button on it turns the feature on and off and configures it for manuel or auto correcting spell checking. You also have "autolink" and "autofill" features and a "send to" button.

There are other features as well, like enhanced bookmarking.

There is a version for IE and one for Firefox.

Good stuff.