True Blood on HBO

billyS

Reign of Terror
Good Show

When I saw the trailers come out I didn't think I was going to like it but I watched the first episode because I was physicked to watch Entourage later that night anyway.
I was hooked right away. Like a lot of my favorite HBO shows it has a strong ensemble cast.
I've always thought Anna Paquin was hot (especially in The Squid & the Whale) and here she plays it just right. I think Lafayette is a hoot and Tara is sexy in the way she carries herself.
Plus you have your usuall actors from other HBO series like Sobotka from the Wire and Sanderson from Deadwood.
I like the plot line that vamps are 'coming' out and are sort of accepted.
The hour goes fast and I'm always looking foward to the next show, same feeling I'd get from the Sopranos, The Wire, Oz and Carnivale.

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
My thought is that Grandma is going to be brought back to life tonight by Sookie. Sookie has those |powers" when Bill gave her some of his blood.

Anyway, Bill is a great character. The brother is completely annoying.

Gavy

PS ~ How did I know you were going to have a "thing" for Tara? She is a completel turn on watching that show!

billyS

Reign of Terror
Sookie has those |powers" when Bill gave her some of his blood.
When they showed how Bill became a Vampire I was thinking about that because it was the same circumstances, he was almost dead and she told him to drink, When Sookie got the shit kicked out of her (literally) she was almost dead when Bill told her to drink. Then she started having stronger senses. So yeah, something is up with that.
The brother is annoying but he gets a lot of pussy.

Love it...........

I love this show. I did not like some of the smaller characters at first but they grow on you. I think Sam has a secret, a howling in the moonlight kind of secrect. I would love it to be all Bill the Vampire all the time, I would not mind looking at his beautiful face in every scene. He has the mannerisms of an old southern Civil War soldier, these English and Austrian actors really know how to play southern American to perfection.

The last scene of last night episode reminded me of my Mom's Harlequin romance novels, I loved it. What girl wouldn't want to be running thorough an old cemetary on a steamy southern night in a flowing white nightgown to surrender herself to a gorgeous and sexy vampire, lol. I knew a woman wrote that scene.

It is a edgy, sometimes funny, sometime gruesome fantasy show with a great storyline. If you have on HBO on demand they have these very funny short segments about how the Vampires went mainstream.

Last edited:
I have been saving those for a rainy day...
They are so clever and the excellent intro to a new show. It really has nothing and everything to do with the show. It is a documentary style of the story behind the story, we tend to like the same stuff so i know you will like it.

Last edited:

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
OK, what about last night?

I go from really disliking to sort of liking him in the same episode. I tell you, I thought that grandma was going to be saved somehow. I was surprised when they didn't bring her back to life.

And I absolutely melted when I saw Sookie run across the...LOL...no I didn't. But I get what you mean. Great scene.

I don't see what Tara sees in Sam. Kind of confused by that one. The brother still annoys the hell out of me. (Emily, is the brother that "hot"?)

Yeah, I like the show. Real campy and fun.

Gavy

Gavy, I agree, the show is totally campy. It is based on a series of novels written by a women so even though there is meaningless sex there is a romantic element that all woman love, it's very clever to appeal so well to both genders.

I think the brother is vile and see nothing attractive in him, he has absolutely zero sex appeal. Maybe he's too young for me but I think Ryan Gosling is sexy and they are about the same age. I think he is a good actor especially since he is Austrian, he is not supposed to be likable, we are supposed to be a little disgusted with him. Tara irrationally loves him because he saved her when they were young and a woman never forget a heroic act. Tara envies Sookie and Sam loves Sookie so it's a way to get something Sookie has.

I think killing off a main and loved charater is genius, it freaked us out. If poor little sweet granny is disposable then who else can go. I think granny was in the way of Sookie and Bill going to the next level, she grounded Sookie and now she is gone anything goes.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I think Sam has a secret, a howling in the moonlight kind of secrect.
I was thinking the same thing. There was that conversation about where he came from and he was being vague about it. He isn't a vamp since Sookie can read his thoughts. I wonder if he a Van Hellsing type character, a vamp killer?

Waterclone

Go ahead. Try me.
What have you picked up on that points to him being a werewolf?
I'd have to go back to rewatch the first episode. I don't remember, specifics. I just remember watching him and the way the dog was interacting with Sookie and having it jump out at me that the dog was him.