Tinnitus... uuurrggghhhhhh

Not an aspirin. Lots of aspirin can make it worse as can other NSAIDs such as ibuprofen, and naproxen
Not only can (lots) make it worse, but if you dont have tinnitus and you take too much of them (including tylenol) they can give it to you.

Last edited:
Well, I never knew tinnitus was this common! I think AXE, you are correct that it might come from the brain, although my neurologist never commited to saying that for a fact.
I have MS, and always just assumed the tinnitus was a syptom. I always wished I could get ahold of one of those hearing test machines with the headphones that they used to use in gradeschool, the ones that would output different frequencies so I could match the one in my head with one in the headphones, and then put them on those who think I'm nuts and say "how do YOU like it"?!
theres about 50 million people who have some sort of tinnitus. you could look it up. I've suffered a long time with it and it does make living pretty hard. Some days its a loud roar sometimes hissing sometimes crackling from the time I'm awake till i fall asleep at night. Of course i lost my hearing from head injuries when i was younger. and the tinnitus started about 6 months later and never stopped since then. So when people tell me to live with it.. I'd love to change places with them for one effin day!! and see how they like it. See if they can cope with constant sounds in their head. Its no joke. Let me tell ya.

for some more info check the articles on www.drf.org

.... So when people tell me to live with it.. I'd love to change places with them for one effin day!! .....
I'm sure you would love to change places with them. But even a better wish would be for your affliction to go away.

I sincerely wish you good luck and the hope that some medical advances occur that may help you. Regretfully, until then your only rational option is to do just what they say.

Last edited:
I'm sure you would love to change places with them. But even a better wish would be for your affliction to go away.

I sincerely wish you good luck and the hope that some medical advances occur that may help you. Regretfully, until then your only rational option is to do just what they say.
thanks.. i do my best to try to ignore it and keep busy.. the worst is when i'm in a quiet place.. so i usually have the tv on or the radio.

Probably useless spam, but....

I received an ***** advertising an OTC tinnitus medication called Clarity 2. They have a website of the same name. Manufacturer is Gen5 labs out of Utah.

Is there a doctor in the house?

Take an aspirin 20 minutes or so befor.. e the niacin and no flushing. You should be taking aspirin anyway if you are a guy older than his 30's.
Aspirin Side Effects
Although it can be helpful for those at high risk or those who have suffered a heart event, aspirin side effects can be quite serious and it is certainly not for everyone. Before you start taking aspirin, make sure you understand the risks involved and what alternatives you have.

What are the aspirin side effects?
It's important to realize that aspirin is a drug, just like other over-the-counter and prescription medications. It is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug, or NSAID. As such, there are definitely adverse reactions to contend with.

Some of the most common aspirin side effects are stomach pain, heart burn, nausea and vomiting. An aspirin overdose or higher dosage than recommended can cause very serious health issues.

With short-term use for specific problems, aspirin has been shown to be effective and does not present significant health risks. However, long-term use can lead to many problems.

It is one of the leading causes of gastrointestinal tract complications, including micro-bleeding and ulcers. There is also a small but very serious risk of hemorrhagic stroke.

I don't think I have a heart condition...should I take aspirin as a preventative measure?
According to recent studies, probably not. Research shows that aspirin might cause as many problems as it's supposed to prevent.

One of the recently discovered aspirin side effects is aspirin-induced asthma, which could effect up to 21% off all those who regularly take it or other NSAIDs. This discovery was based on 66 medical papers dating back to 1964.

According to a new study in the British Medical ****nal, many people who regularly take aspirin still suffer from heart problems, giving birth to a new condition: aspirin resistance.

So as far as a preventative measure, you are probably much better off with a safer alternative to an aspirin blood thinner that can reduce inflammation without aspirin side effects.

Guys.....ain't no drug out there going to make your dick hard, heart strong, big muscles, etc., that does not have it's own side effects. Be cautious of what some people right on these boards.....do your own research, see a few doctors, get a few opinions, then make your own educated guess ! Any of us can get hit by a bus......no matter how many aspirins you take !! I knew five people who perished at the WTC (9/11) and they took aspirin everyday......I will believe more in an "apple a day".

To hell with aspirins......take 3 teaspoons of organic raw apple cider vinegar with two teaspoons of honey in a glass of water every morning and you won't need all the BS mentioned here.......

I went to my doc and he told me I can bend my erect penis easier as I get older, because I am getting stronger !

I have had tinnitus for over 25 years.... bad bike accident and head njuries.. facial fractures temporal bones fractured..total loss of hearing.. i have a cochlear implant to hep me hear...
have had bad T since then and let me tell ya.. if theres one thing the government needs to spend more money on is finding a cute for tinnitus.. it has really disrupted my life pretty bad.. and just asking people what they have tried or done to relieve it.......

i have tried multi-vitamins.. minerals.. sleep aids...xanax ( it knocked me for a loop) clonazepam just about everything known to help tinnitus and reduce the noises in my head... i eat low salt diet and avoid caffeine... i work out maybe 2-3 times a week relieves the built up stress and takes the noises off my mind....

place to go to for info is www.ata.org

any responses most welcome..
Several years ago, just after my daughter recieved her Cochlear implant, I attended a support group meeting at the League for the Hard of Hearing. Several people with implants and hearing aids were complaining about this issue. I recall that there were many suggestions (none of which I recall now) but it may be worth your while to attend a support group meeting. In NY, you can find the schedule here:

http://www.lhh.org/calendar/events/events_cochlear.html

Several years ago, just after my daughter recieved her Cochlear implant, I attended a support group meeting at the League for the Hard of Hearing. Several people with implants and hearing aids were complaining about this issue. I recall that there were many suggestions (none of which I recall now) but it may be worth your while to attend a support group meeting. In NY, you can find the schedule here:

http://www.lhh.org/calendar/events/events_cochlear.html
your daughter has a cochlear implant... how does she like it and how long has she had it? have had mine almost 19 years! no problems yet. knock on wood. like i said the T drives me nuts at times. have tried so many things. the T started about 6 months after losing my hearing. hasnt stopped yet. praying for a cure.

She loves her implant. Implanted at 3.5, she is almost 9.
never mentions ringing in her ears and I am not about to bring it up, if she is not complaining.
of course... she never got hit in the head. protect her head at all times! read the posts i had a bike (motorcycle) accident way back i had a helmet but it wasn't a full face helmet.. i will regret it till i take a dirt nap.