This is so frustrating . . . (any ideas?)

You start a thread on UG.

A provider sends a very inviting response to you c/o your personal liam-e address.

You write a response to her and hit the "reply" button.

Your message gets bounced back to your liam-e inbox because her address has "permanent fatal errors."

You try again and get the same result.

You go to UG, hit "search," find her (so to speak), and send a private message -- only to be told in response that the provider has not opted for the "private message" option, so that doesn't work.

You consider sending a personal message to her via a new thread or as an add-on to the one she responded to in the first-place. But then you remember that a "personal message" is a no-no that is likely to get zapped by All Powerful Moderator.

So what's a guy to do -- besides write some babble like this and hope that the lady sees it and responds?

Last edited:

daro

in loco CM
Luke, since I'm not your father, I really can't help you with
the puberty, and the birds and the bees talk. LOL.

Did she actually send you an invite and does she expect you to respond? If yes. You tried and were unsuccessful. Try, try, again.
She may just be getting you worked up. Wants you to go that
extra mile. Chicks dig that stuff. My father didn't tell me that.
I think Bill Murray did. Good Luck.

Try this....

When someone has their e - mail button turned off you receive a message stating that fact. You also receive a message stating 'contact the system administrator for help' or something to that effect.

Since you are a frequent well respected poster, I don't think that Slinky would mind contacting the young lady in question and telling her to please contact you. Just a thought, fire off a note to Slinky......let him play cupid instead of referee!

Dan

Last edited:
Dan:

I just knew you'd respond to this. Thanks! Actually, I did indeed send a note to Slinky some time ago. Hoping he can work some magic.

Daro:

OK, you're not my father. But why do I sense a disturbance in The Force just about everytime you post a message?

daro

in loco CM
LukeWarm, as Dick Vitale would so crazily put it.
I'm a BIP Baby. Dickie Do Dunkeroo.

BIG IMPACT POSTER. Alway's glad to help you out, even if you're
not my son.

Last edited:
thought: the girl is a moron

Another good idea is to alert the girl that checking her utopiaguide settings to see if her personal liam-e address is correct. For instance, if the ***** address is listed as an aol address rater than a yahoo address, you might get that "bouncing" effect we were discussing....

Check the Header of the original liam-e message. The source of the message will be there. Send a message to that address. The sender can format the message so that the "Reply To" field can contain whatever bogus address they desire.

And pardon me if I'm patronizing you with this information.

Why dont you just ask in anythread for someone to post her info.

website, *****...then just ***** her thru her site.....

my 2 cents

I don't know BigMadM.....

Rumor has it you've been tossing around tons o' cash in search of the perfect BBBJ.....

and all you give us is 2 cents!

For shame, For shame....

LOL
Dan

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
You know, I've tried to be pleasant about this up till now, but people seem to think that I am joking, so here goes:

UG is not here for the purposes of personal communications between the posters. I've made it as clear as I can in the rules, and I can't tell you how sick and fucking tired I am of spending half of my day deleting posts from idiots who can't read the rules or don't give a shit about following them. At this point, we're about an inch and a half away from removing the e*mail function entirely from the board and simply automatically banning anyone who violates the rules on the first offense.

Read the fucking rules.

Follow the fucking rules.

As far as I'm concerned, at this point everyone has been put on notice.

Last edited: