THERE HAS BEEN AN EPIDEMIC OF NEW MEMBERS ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT PROVIDERS FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS.

Sophia Belle

Trickle Down Economist
'Cause new members should not be posing questions or ISO's in the beginning of their time on the board.
Addy just joined us yesterday. His post falls somewhere in between that, wouldn't you say?
Definitely. I admit that when I get on sites, the very last thing I do is read the rules... and I only read them when I’m pushed into a corner and have no choice..,which you of all people know about me, lol.

Entrance exams for Utopia Guide?
:D I'm afraid if we instituted that requirement, the success rate would be about 15% judging by some of the new members and their initial contributions.
I was thinking more along the lines of a requirement that all new members must visit either Mandy or Sophia before posting here and asking the ladies to get a tattoo that runs along their waist that says, "Read the rules before posting on Utopia Guide."

That could well be the problem. Nobody reads the rules. That gives me an idea which I will take up with the slinky and the mods. Thanks.
I had an idea that might help but don't know if this forum sofware is capable of doing . Kind of like a terms of agreement that includes the very basic terms with a link of cleaned up (ie shorthand version) of rules that the user must click before signing up.
You might get 40-50% to at least get the most basic rules right .
Then again, we've become a nation of Bart Simpsons (the episode where everyone was being a Bart rebel and not following rules and even he thought it was wrong).

The epidemic continues. New members are still posting questions or asking for help on a continuous basis. Sometimes repeatedly. All that does is to cause the moderators to view subsequent posts with more scrutiny, so why bother.

I had an idea that might help but don't know if this forum sofware is capable of doing . Kind of like a terms of agreement that includes the very basic terms with a link of cleaned up (ie shorthand version) of rules that the user must click before signing up.
You might get 40-50% to at least get the most basic rules right .
Then again, we've become a nation of Bart Simpsons (the episode where everyone was being a Bart rebel and not following rules and even he thought it was wrong).
That's a valid suggestion. I actually proposed something along those lines to Slinky yesterday, but only as far as the link to the rules (and newbie forum) being shown when you first sign up.

I don't know what software you're running and how maintainable it is but seems to me should be able to put up a link to the rules in some reasonable viewable area but adding another tab, etc if not via a pop up on log in for newbies, at least as a bogus ad on the top of the page or something like that the choices seem many at least conceptually like I said I don't know how easy or hard it is to modify the base code and/or configuration files, etc.

That's a valid suggestion. I actually proposed something along those lines to Slinky yesterday, but only as far as the link to the rules (and newbie forum) being shown when you first sign up.
Not that I think making someone click " accept the terms" will really make them follow them but then they really have no excuse why they didn't read the rules .

IIRC when I first came up UG it wasn't clear to me there were rules or where to find them. It may or may not need a TOS (I doubt it) but IMO it's so easily point-outable/highlightable via software that aspect shouldn't be an issue any longer and at least in those cases you know the poster is purposely ignoring the rules versus never even having seen them or knowing they exist.

IIRC when I first came up UG it wasn't clear to me there were rules or where to find them. It may or may not need a TOS (I doubt it) but IMO it's so easily point-outable/highlightable via software that aspect shouldn't be an issue any longer and at least in those cases you know the poster is purposely ignoring the rules versus never even having seen them or knowing they exist.
Like I said, I made the suggestion the other day along these lines. Sophia made a comment that inspired me to look at the problem from the viewpoint of ignoring the rules. So I figured a work-around that would be to point out the rules as soon as you signed up for UG.

In my opinion no need for no software or anything else.
When you get a new comer to UG, send them an email with all the rules.
Just like with Myspace back in the days. Tom would send you an email and thank you letter for joining Myspace and give you all the details about Myspace.
This is just my opinion guys.

So here is what not to do when you are a new member if you want your moderated posts to be approved.

FIRST POST:
Paris is so god Damn sexy. I stopped going here as much after Ashley (the most amazing girl ive ever seen at any club) left. There weren't many girls that were my type after Ashley. Paris iant exactly the same, but she is really super sexy, and sweet as can be.
I go to see her at the window when I can. I'm into window shows.
Ive never seen Paris in the private though. Did you catch what her rates were for hj etc?

SECOND POST:
Did you get her rates?

THIRD POST:
Why are my posts gettinf deleted? Kind of Bullshit.
GX3, Today at 5:38 PM

The third post wouldn't even have been deleted had you posted it in the correct forum.

I hope you read this @GX3 .

I'm bumping this thread in the hope that new members
SEE IT
AND READ IT
AND UNDERSTAND IT
AND COMPLY WITH IT

New members are asked to refrain from posing questions during their time under moderation, which is during their first 10 posts. We encourage new members to read the rules and guidelines that will help them to contribute here.